Sign in to follow this  
archangelalien

More Than 1 Character?

So my friend and I have been traveling together and have survived our first night and not been shot.

Carrying a m24, camo clothing and a silenced pistol, and himself carrying a m4 w/ flashlight and gillie suit, we really don't want to particularly play without each-other and fall to a bandit alone.

Sometimes we are on different schedules, and I want to play, but we agreed not to play till we both are on.

Can I make a second character so I can play while my friend is not around?

there is an obvious problem in being able to create multiple characters, i.e. you could use extra characters as a bank for items.

That would break the game.

there is an obvious problem in being able to create multiple characters' date=' i.e. you could use extra characters as a bank for items.

[/quote']

If I am able to install and buy another copy of OA on the pc behind me, and use that character as a bank in game, isn't the game already broken then?

All I want to do is have more than 1 character so I can play when my friends are not around. If the route is using another pc and buying another copy then I guess I will have to use that route.

What if the item exchange is only possible between two different steam IDs?

Edit: I don't think, that very much people have two copies of the game.

I got an idea that could fix this.

Maybe not the best idea but if every server had their own database aka not saving ur char for every server you could have more then 1 character and it would fix serverjump exploiting for loot/PVP.

I myself don't like to exploit. I love the immersion. I love restarting over if I die, I just want to be able to play a separate character and leave the other 1 with my group of friends.

There has to be a work around this.

there is an obvious problem in being able to create multiple characters' date=' i.e. you could use extra characters as a bank for items.

[/quote']

If I am able to install and buy another copy of OA on the pc behind me, and use that character as a bank in game, isn't the game already broken then?

Obviously very very few people would be willing to do that so no its not broken, use your loaf mate.

I had the same "problem", a "serius" character to play with my team, and an "idiot" one to experiment and troll. The only solution is to have a second OA (not Arma2) CD-KEY.. so i did.

And yes, it is potentially exploitable.. because you can loot any "dangerous" place with the careless one, since you have nothing to loose, and then transferring the good thing to the "main" account. Bigger is the risk, bigger is the loot. In example with my "careless" account i've collected any sort of things 10 times faster than the other one, but i've risked my life 10 times more (playing without thinking much).

Btw it's just an artificial advantage.. if you think at it, playin in team is even more better, and ppl with "RL" friends have an huge advantage versus the lonewolfs or very small teams.