Sign in to follow this  
Bushstar

Hardcore FPS aim reticle

I've not been able to find an answer for this question so I thought I would raise it here.

On hardcore we still have the aim reticle, is this going to be taken out of hardcore in the future or is this already an option for server admins?

In my opinion hardcore mode should not have an aim reticle or it is not hardcore enough :)

I agree, but how do you know where the melee weapons hit then? Problems over problems. ^^

I agree, but how do you know where the melee weapons hit then? Problems over problems. ^^

Uhhm, how is that recticle related? Different melee weapons hit all over the place, and that recticle never helped. But you could ask they guys from the mod how they play w/o recticle....

• Like 1

the reticle is not much use anyway. your best chance is to aim through sights.

when firing from hip, i have missed full magazines of M4 ammo to player standing at 10 meters, even though the reticle has been aimed at their chest... so...

• Like 1

I suppose the you would have to get used to the melee weapons. I very much support getting rid of the reticle, make using iron sights and scopes more important. 

In games where I have played without the dot I quickly got used to aiming, would like to see if melee weapons became too difficult in DayZ. I don't think so, the melee weapon hits in the middle of your screen, timing is more important.

For a game based around realism, the screen dot does seem wrong, especially in hardcore mode.

• Like 1