Joltzie

(vid) I'm a new player. I want to trust everyone

Here i was in Elektro, for 30 mins i was having a chit chat with players shown on vid. Apparently one takes of his shotgun and shoots another guy. I was really confused and now it is really hard for me to trust anyone. :( I did get a bit mad at the end.

Don't trust anyone. That doesn't mean you have to just kill them on sight but, you know, be cautious.

Your main failure there, other than not controlling the situation (you were the one with the gun!), was in looting the bodies with the other person stood nearby that had a weapon in their hands. Leaves you open to being attacked, as you found out.

Welcome to DayZ!

I can see where you would be bummed at first, but you did well and avenged your friend. The player with the axe tried to kill you multiple times. Why on Earth would you not shoot them or at least tell them to piss off? That's not even trust at that point. So far, I've found the only people I trust, even a little, are those that join me in TS or skype. And even those I only trust a little.

Next time if someone shots your friend or anyone around you kill everyone to save yourself :) btw video is funny...

Here i was in Elektro, for 30 mins i was having a chit chat with players shown on vid. Apparently one takes of his shotgun and shoots another guy. I was really confused and now it is really hard for me to trust anyone. :( I did get a bit mad at the end.

Only when you are prepared to lose everything...can you truly begin to play DayZ.  Once you know what it is to have nothing...only then can you gain everything.  Living in constant fear...is not living at all.  Embrace loss and death for gear doesn't make the player.  The player...makes the player.  Now go forth my child...AND PLAY.

morgan-freeman-god.jpeg

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1