Sign in to follow this  
alaskafish (DayZ)

It's been about 2 weeks, and I have no server's popping up.

I have perfectly fine internet, in fact it's faster than 75% of people. :P

Anyway, I launched DayZ (Before and After the update) and go to "Servers", and I had zero servers. Then I clicked Refresh, then again, then again, waiting, and nothing happened. I waited a few minutes (15 minutes was the longest) and yet nothing happened. I checked the filter to see if anything was doing anything, sure enough, my filters were default.

I've disabled my anti-virus stuff and tried again, I've tried re installing it. Heck, I got a new internet upgrade and yet it still doesn't work. 

Sometimes, I'll get 4 servers pop up, with great ping, but no one's on them and they're no official. 

Regardless, I don't know why I have this issue. I've seen something on the multiplayer menu ">100", I guess it filters servers with ping under 100? Can I change that? 

Thanks to 360Nation

Solution: Filter then set max ping higher or lower. 

Edited by alaskafish

I have perfectly fine internet, in fact it's faster than 75% of people. :P

Anyway, I launched DayZ (Before and After the update) and go to "Servers", and I had zero servers. Then I clicked Refresh, then again, then again, waiting, and nothing happened. I waited a few minutes (15 minutes was the longest) and yet nothing happened. I checked the filter to see if anything was doing anything, sure enough, my filters were default.

I've disabled my anti-virus stuff and tried again, I've tried re installing it. Heck, I got a new internet upgrade and yet it still doesn't work. 

Sometimes, I'll get 4 servers pop up, with great ping, but no one's on them and they're no official. 

Regardless, I don't know why I have this issue. I've seen something on the multiplayer menu ">100", I guess it filters servers with ping under 100? Can I change that? 

Yes you can change that. 

It would be very helpful if one was to explain... how.....

instead of telling me if...

Filter then set max ping higher or lower. 

• Like 1

My friend is having this exact same problem not only for DayZ, but Rust as well. No servers pop up for both games and he cannot manually connect to any servers via IP address. For the past few days, we've been scouring search engines, various forums, and even Rust community support. Tried pretty much every solution that didn't sound idiotic. (Some people believe lowering your graphics settings will fix your server connection issues.)

He bought both of these games recently, maybe steam is having issues authenticating accounts?

Has no problems playing other games such as Nether, TF2, ArmaII DayZ mod, etc.

• Like 1

well, if you haven't just disabled your firewall, tried resetting your router, those are places to start.

is NAT a factor for pc gaming? i can't remember. if it is, you might have a strict NAT.

also, maybe port forwarding.

Filter then set max ping higher or lower. 

Thanks. That's all i needed. See, I live right outside of the United States due to my job with the UN, and I like to play some dayZ here and there. Generally my ping is 102.... for a host near some buds where I'm from.

We found out what the problem was on this end was as well.

If anyone has Norton Antivirus, please note that it is a horrible piece of shit software and should be uninstalled immediately.

Even when we disabled everything in norton settings(I was screensharing with him, disabled it all), DayZ & Rust servers were being blocked. When I finally convinced the guy to completely uninstall Norton, all of his problems disappeared.

Edited by MystoganXIX