Sign in to follow this  
Oh-Em-Gee

Character Wipe?

Was there a character wipe today? I am confused. I just had my character wiped again. I was on my way to the north-east airfield and then the server crashes, so I join another one and I'm back on the coast. After that I assume it must be a private server or something, so I join another server and I'm still on the coast. This is getting a little annoying, I always get my character wiped when I'm fully geared. I heard nothing about a character wipe today.

alpher. 

I know it's in alpha so bugs like this are to be expected. Hopefully making the developers aware of the bug could get it fixed sooner and will benefit us all.

You probably are experiencing some hive problems like thoses reported here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/

Don't switch servers too 'fast' when you log-out from one server, choose only good servers hosters (Vilayers/GameServers.Com for exemple) or try to reconnect to the lastest one where you was with all your gear. Check server type (Regular or Hardcore, they are on different hives so, different spawns.)

This and.. it's an alpha yep :)

Edited by Yeeshak
  • Like 1