Sign in to follow this  
chaitin

Killed by a glitch or a player?

I wad playing last night and reached the power station in Elektro after a long loot trip through the city.

I was reasonably well equipped with a magnum, backpack etc and picked up a shotgun speed loader in the base of the fire station. I climbed the tower and had emerged on the second floor....and death.

Screen went black with you are dead message, I did not hear a shot or see anyone and I was in 3rd person so did not see a bullet impact etc.

So is it possible someone sniped me and I died instantly or was this some sort of glitch?

Welcome any opinions.

If it's any consolation..

You don't hear the shot when you get killed in real life too.  

• Like 1

You don't even die instantly irl.

Had the same thing happen to me ; was running through the woods up north on a low pop server. Out of nowhere you are dead....

In most cases it's a sniper shot. After a few hundred meters, you simply don't hear the sound of the shot. Has happened to me quite a few times in both the city but also in the woods. However, I also believe it could be a glitch. I was lagging quite a bit yesterday on a server alone and it suddenly came up with the death screen. 

Was in a server the other night and I was literally the only player in it. Went to the fire station in Cherno. Climbed up the tower to the second floor. Saw one of those black tactical vests and walked up to it. Screen went red and my player made a sound like he was hurt (or maybe fell?). I didn't die, but I got the hell out of there. That thing is glitched.

I died on the stairs climbling a tower, went off at an odd angle and, poof, dead. Tower stairs are still bugged, just be careful and don't run up like a madman (for now).

You don't even die instantly irl.

This is the dumbest shit. I have ever..

This is the dumbest shit. I have ever..

How?

Depending on the caliber, you WONT die instantly. You will bleed out. Even a shot to the head is not INSTANTANEOUS death. UNCONSCIOUSNESS? yes.

Unless the bullet is so big it just takes your head OFF or otherwise completely obliterates your brain housing group, you will still need to bleed out.

Unless, of course, you get shot in that little sweet spot just above the base of the spine. Right in the madula (spelling?). THAT will drop you like a sack of bricks into a black hole...

• Like 1

How can you say that? Have you ever been shot at and killed?

How can you say that? Have you ever been shot at and killed?

Simple math. The speed of sound at sea level is approx. 340 m/s, while most modern rifle calibers (7.62x51, 7.62x54R, etc) travel between 8-900 m/s. 800 > 340, so the bullet will strike and kill you well before you here the sound.

Edited by GrappleX
  • Like 2

Simple math. The speed of sound at sea level is approx. 340 m/s, while most modern rifle calibers (7.62x51, 7.62x54R, etc) travel between 8-900 m/s. 800 > 340, so the bullet will strike and kill you well before you here the sound.

Don't use logic against them. They will just hurt themselves

How?

Depending on the caliber, you WONT die instantly. You will bleed out. Even a shot to the head is not INSTANTANEOUS death. UNCONSCIOUSNESS? yes.

Unless the bullet is so big it just takes your head OFF or otherwise completely obliterates your brain housing group, you will still need to bleed out.

Unless, of course, you get shot in that little sweet spot just above the base of the spine. Right in the madula (spelling?). THAT will drop you like a sack of bricks into a black hole...

Have you ever seen the exit wound from a mosin?

I've seen my friend glitch through the firestation stairs and die, so its definitely an option. However, odds are you were sniped because most KoS'ers hang out on sniper hill above elektro or in the city. And to confirm what others have said, you do not hear the shot that kills you.

I wad playing last night and reached the power station in Elektro after a long loot trip through the city.

I was reasonably well equipped with a magnum, backpack etc and picked up a shotgun speed loader in the base of the fire station. I climbed the tower and had emerged on the second floor....and death.

Screen went black with you are dead message, I did not hear a shot or see anyone and I was in 3rd person so did not see a bullet impact etc.

So is it possible someone sniped me and I died instantly or was this some sort of glitch?

Welcome any opinions.

I was in the 3rd floor of the building across that firehouse. I 1 shot you to the head with the m4. Enjoy the walk back to Electro! :D 

I posted this before but thought you should know

I was playing and all of a sudden ---you are dead

no sounds etc. when i die to a gunshot i hear that.

i checked the player list, was only 6 of us on. and when i died i couldnt click respawn. 3 of the other guys must have died at the same time cuz i witnessed them relogging back on due to respawn button not working. watched them leave and return with the player list open, I  knew It felt weird as soon as i saw the words "you are dead"

before the last patch i was teleported with my friend into the air and my 3rd friend into the sea. all at the same time. 2 of us die and 3rd swims back.

Headshots, you do die instantly.

Kennedy didn't.. And you could have scooped his head up into a bucket.

Same with Lincoln, and a musket ball is a lot bigger and deadlier than most caliber rounds being used today.