beani5003

making weapons more interesting

I know the current system of damage that they have for weapons is good, but i think it could be take one step further by adding consequences of the state of the weapon.

lets say you have an M4 its in bad condition, do you think that weapons would fire properly? it wouldn't. It would jam, double feed and a whole load of other malfunctions that could possibly happen. Right now the only punishing thing about having a weapon in bad condition is the fact that the accuracy is screwed, which is fair, but not the entire picture.

Imagine being in a fire fight with the M4, and all of a sudden it has a stoppage, so you have to take the mag out (press 'r', so not through the inv screen) clear the weapon (pick a key for that) load it back up and carry on firing. It would add a whole new level of immersion.

I agree but they maybe already be on the way with added cleaning kits weapons ? That is the question :)

I agree but they maybe already be on the way with added cleaning kits weapons ? That is the question :)

fair point, I'd love to see the status of gun change dependent on if you have powder residue or to much oil or the number of other things that can go wrong with a firearm, hell, i'd like the internals of the receiver to have there own damage values, so one of the springs in the trigger mechanism snaps and the weapon becomes inoperable until you find a replacement from another weapon or a makeshift one, a pen spring for example (wouldn't work IRL, but oh well)

I find it annoying that people say this game is 'realistic survival simulator' when its arcade-y as all hell, but without the feedback of an arcade game. Why not go the full whack and do it properly.

This was mentioned by rocket over a year ago. 

But then again, that was over a year ago..

This was mentioned by rocket over a year ago. 

But then again, that was over a year ago..

exactly, nothing like a poke with a sharp stick to remind you about stuff, me personally would ranks a mechanic like this higher than painting your gun, but hey, what do I know?