KingOfShrews

More diversity animals + plants

View on my ideas?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would these improve the game?

• Hell yeah!
    • I don't know.
    • Not at all.
  2. 2. Which idea's did you like? (Tick all 3 if you like them all)

• Extra animals
    • Herbs
    • Berry bushes (Poisonous and edible)
  3. 3. View on bears and wolves idea?

• I love it!
    • I'm not really sure.
    • I don't like it.

This is my first topic I've ever posted on the forum so if things I have mentioned have already been mentioned previously by other people I apologize!  ^_^

Firstly I want to share an idea of medical herbs that grow in the forest? They could be harvested by players but take a long time to grow back? They could be used similar to medication and there could be many different types.

Secondly what about berry bushes? Some berries could be poisonous and others could be edible meaning you need to know with ones are good and which are not? You'd be able to tell berries apart from color. Poisonous berries make you sick and vomit, causing you to lose bother water and energy. The edible berries could sustain some hunger, but just like the herbs after they are harvested they take a while to grow back, but are also not enough to sustain someone completely but they do help towards survival.

Thirdly I know that they have rabbits, chickens, goats, sheep, boar and cows already but what if they add more animals? My idea's are listed below.

Mammals: deer, rats, bats, wolves, bears

Birds: ducks, peasant, turkey, crows, owls and pigeons.

These animals could all be hunted excluding rats and bats which could be used more for scenery for cities and cannot be eaten. Wolves and bears would be dangerous to survivors who only carry melee weapons. This is because they are scared of gunshots so flee from the survivor if a shot is fired! Adding more difficulty to the game as it gives away your position to survivors and zombies!

This would add more diversity to the game and make hunting more enjoyable for survivors and not to mention maybe more craftable clothing could be made from some animal pelts.  :) What do you guys think? Please keep in mind that I'm new here xD

• Like 2

Secondly what about berry bushes? Some berries could be poisonous and others could be edible meaning you need to know with ones are good and which are not? You'd be able to tell berries apart from color. Poisonous berries make you sick and vomit, causing you to lose bother water and energy. The edible berries could sustain some hunger, but just like the herbs after they are harvested they take a while to grow back, but are also not enough to sustain someone completely but they do help towards survival.

They added this in the new build they just applied. I don't know if it is as in depth as you have it here since I cant find any damn berry bushes. I do know that the can make you sick and very sick in some cases. Still though good idea and nice job Secreting that shit to existence man.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67
  • Like 1

They added this in the new build they just applied. I don't know if it is as in depth as you have it here since I cant find any damn berry bushes. I do know that the can make you sick and very sick in some cases. Still though good idea and nice job Secreting that shit to existence man.

Silly me xD I'm pretty behind haha, thanks though c: Atleast the herb idea hasn't been already added to the game  :D

This is my first topic I've ever posted on the forum so if things I have mentioned have already been mentioned previously by other people I apologize!  ^_^

Firstly I want to share an idea of medical herbs that grow in the forest? They could be harvested by players but take a long time to grow back? They could be used similar to medication and there could be many different types.

I support this idea of having herbal plants out there in the forest. At least if you are injured, sick you can find this plant. Recommended for the new spawn as they do not have anything on their back.

I'm definitely backing the ideas shown here. There's currently many shacks in Chernarus that doesn't serve any purpose so how about turning some of them into abandoned moonshine distilleries or something like that where you could extract your own potions and poisons. Ability to craft poison tipped arrows would also come in handy when there's a need for stealth kills... just my 2 cents.

As already stated Berries are in the game, there is currently only red and blue, and in the description it say's hope you remember your boy scout training (red=good, blue=bad) found both varieties it's just difficult as the bushes dont have the interact text on them so it's just keep spamming until the picking animation start's.

The animal's, Well they have said they want companion's (dog's and horses) and they want predator's (wolves and bears) having the additional animals you mentioned would be cool but I don't know how feasible it is currently, apparently some of the animals will take a lot of work to get in, but that is a separate section of the dev team being specifically hired to do the animal's.  Fingers crossed they nail it and can add even more.