LegitZohan

So much work for nothing.. Calling in for backup( you guys )

Sorry for the long post!

So after playing for a few hours and getting very little and dying alot, i decided to go on youtube and find tutorials and all that stuff. I Spawn in, make my way for a quick trip to the Balton airfield. First loot around, i find a makorov(?) with about 3 or so mags. I was very much happy even if it was bad. 2nd, i make my way to Elektro's power plant to find a military grade weapon. On the way of traveling the power cords above, i see a barn with few zeds. So i make my to that and find two shotguns with about 6 or so slugs all together. So now im thinking to myself "im set now and when my friend gets on we can not die for awhile now."

Still making my way to the power plant i run into a AFK player...what i do is not good but i was low on food and drinks. So i put one quick slug threw his head to loot his food. Next, still running and run into what i thought was a bandit. Instead of running pass him i run deep into the woods with him still pointing his gun at me. Luckily he didn't shoot. So fast forward, i make my way to north of Elektro and find nothing at all and swarms of zombies. ( i wanna say i found my Alice pack there or not.) Ok, making my way back to the airfield i do find a AKM with 3 mags too. And decided enough of looting and time to go north. Looking for a deer stand north i run into a friendly. He had nothing on him so he wouldnt even think of trying to kill me with his crossbow. So we went to a church to loot it just south of where we were. Come to not know a bandit there and guess what. we get both messed up by this bandit.

So im here for help. Add me on Steam: legit_zohan. I want atleast another player with me so we can loot. OR even give me starting gear? idk but i need help getting some stuff again...

Thanks

-josh

Why do everyone always say that all that "work" was for nothing when they die. You had fun, you found stuff, you had a nerve-thrilling encounter in the woods and escaped with your hide intact. Just because you died doesn't mean that was all in vain.

The early game is really the best part of the game to some extent. You are "free" of the burden having good stuff brings with it and you can get in trouble in places you just avoid later on.

Dying, while it always sucks, brings that refreshing new start that's actually good for long-term interest. The premise here obviously is that you aren't dying every 30mins in which case it just gets frustrating.

Why do everyone always say that all that "work" was for nothing when they die. You had fun' date=' you found stuff, you had a nerve-thrilling encounter in the woods and escaped with your hide intact. Just because you died doesn't mean that was all in vain.

The early game is really the best part of the game to some extent. You are "free" of the burden having good stuff brings with it and you can get in trouble in places you just avoid later on.

Dying, while it always sucks, brings that refreshing new start that's actually good for long-term interest. The premise here obviously is that you aren't dying every 30mins in which case it just gets frustrating.

[/quote']

I mean like, i went hours and hours finding things then that one life i did good and then i died. it was fun and all that stuff. Just was a pain that i had to die to a damn bandit.

Best thing to do. Is think of a story line or background rather for each character you start.

Then follow or act as the character you create. Do things you wouldn't normally do, or even think of doing.

Yeah whatever nerd Roleplay insult coming soon, but hey I've done it a few times, and I always find myself ending up in adrenaline pumping situations. Especially that friendly Medic character back when everyone Makarov warrior'd. I lasted 2 hours and helped 4 people, and I think used 65 bandages on myself, but fuck it. It was fun and I'd never do that normally.

Sorry for the long post!

So after playing for a few hours and getting very little and dying alot' date=' i decided to go on youtube and find tutorials and all that stuff. I Spawn in, make my way for a quick trip to the Balton airfield. First loot around, i find a makorov(?) with about 3 or so mags. I was very much happy even if it was bad. 2nd, i make my way to Elektro's power plant to find a military grade weapon. On the way of traveling the power cords above, i see a barn with few zeds. So i make my to that and find two shotguns with about 6 or so slugs all together. So now im thinking to myself "im set now and when my friend gets on we can not die for awhile now."

Still making my way to the power plant i run into a AFK player...what i do is not good but i was low on food and drinks. So i put one quick slug threw his head to loot his food. Next, still running and run into what i thought was a bandit. Instead of running pass him i run deep into the woods with him still pointing his gun at me. Luckily he didn't shoot. So fast forward, i make my way to north of Elektro and find nothing at all and swarms of zombies. ( i wanna say i found my Alice pack there or not.) Ok, making my way back to the airfield i do find a AKM with 3 mags too. And decided enough of looting and time to go north. Looking for a deer stand north i run into a friendly. He had nothing on him so he wouldnt even think of trying to kill me with his crossbow. So we went to a church to loot it just south of where we were. Come to not know a bandit there and guess what. we get both messed up by this bandit.

So im here for help. Add me on Steam: legit_zohan. I want atleast another player with me so we can loot.[b'] OR even give me starting gear? idk but i need help getting some stuff again...

Thanks

-josh

facepalm.jpg

So you were practically speaking running in places where you are almost certain that you will find trouble at some point and then you got surprised that you died at some point.. really? If you want to be safe with your loot, that i wouldn't even consider "rare" ( as you described it,by stating that it was so much work to get. Have you ever lost a an ACOG m4a1,4 tents, 1911, alice pack, nv etc to a teleporting hacker? Well, if you did, i would understand your whining , but what you lost was really... common to be honest) you should obvious go inlands and avoid high-trafic area's - aka. big cities.

ps, sorry for the grammatical errors in the post

Your hard work wasn't for nothing. You gained experience; you now know some weapon spawns, places to avoid and general gameplay mechanics. Next time you will do better and survive longer. Use direct com and if you are lucky you can find some companions.

facepalm.jpg

So you were practically speaking running in places where you are almost certain that you will find trouble at some point and then you got surprised that you died at some point.. really? If you want to be safe with your loot, that i wouldn't even consider "rare" ( as you described it,by stating that it was so much work to get. Have you ever lost a an ACOG m4a1,4 tents, 1911, alice pack, nv etc to a teleporting hacker? Well, if you did, i would understand your whining , but what you lost was really... common to be honest) you should obvious go inlands and avoid high-trafic area's - aka. big cities.

ps, sorry for the grammatical errors in the post

A friendly and I were going prone across a field and when we didnt do that, we were in the tree line. It was a fairly empty server too, expecting no one to be in that barn camping with about 10 people on. We were prone in the grass and i was gonna get the ammo that he said was in the shed. then out of no where he came out of the barn and sniped me, my friend pulled me in but it was to late. And i did loose my alice pack. I went good amount north of the balton airfield after hitting it. but it was just not expected after crawling threw a whole field. And i think it was the small town of Bor. Not 100% though

Your hard work wasn't for nothing. You gained experience; you now know some weapon spawns' date=' places to avoid and general gameplay mechanics. Next time you will do better and survive longer. Use direct com and if you are lucky you can find some companions.

[/quote']

I did find a friendly stuck in a barn with low ammo.

Being nice i was helping him out find either more bolts or another gun in the church or a barn. His name was andrew, we met one other time in Elektro after spawning. After trying to loot north Elektro again, i never seen him again :(

If you dont like dieing to bandits you may as well find another game now. Not saying that to be a dick either. I wish bandits looked diffrent like they used to. Either they dont or I ran into a bandit hacker who looked like a regular surviver tonight that was trying to axe me in the back while I looted.

Anyway, once you get used to it obtaining some gear isnt hard. Avoiding Zeds and learning which guns are way to loud and which ones arent is easy. Not finding morphine and the random broken legs for no reason and bandits will be your bane once you get used to it.

I cant feel sorry for you if you gave up after a couple hours and went looking for guides. But I'm the kind of person who refuses to use guides in games unless its an MMO. I will figure it out myself or find another game.

If you dont like dieing to bandits you may as well find another game now. Not saying that to be a dick either. I wish bandits looked diffrent like they used to. Either they dont or I ran into a bandit hacker who looked like a regular surviver tonight that was trying to axe me in the back while I looted.

Anyway' date=' once you get used to it obtaining some gear isnt hard. Avoiding Zeds and learning which guns are way to loud and which ones arent is easy. Not finding morphine and the random broken legs for no reason and bandits will be your bane once you get used to it.

I cant feel sorry for you if you gave up after a couple hours and went looking for guides. But I'm the kind of person who refuses to use guides in games unless its an MMO. I will figure it out myself or find another game.

[/quote']

I played for a few hours with nothing. Even if its not rare, finding an akm made me happy. And the fact i got arma 2 not to long ago either. so it was hard for me to play. Im gonna go and find some stuff again from the airfield and north of elektro.

I wouldn't mind having someone to play with, none of my friends play Day Z so I've been a loner. It would be nice to actually have someone to have my back, ...and be able to get a blood transfusion -_-

However depending on where you live it could be a problem with the ping levels and all. I'm pretty sure we have to live kind of close to each other, I could be wrong. :(

I'm in LA, California

I wouldn't mind having someone to play with' date=' none of my friends play Day Z so I've been a loner. It would be nice to actually have someone to have my back, ...and be able to get a blood transfusion -_-

However depending on where you live it could be a problem with the ping levels and all. I'm pretty sure we have to live kind of close to each other, I could be wrong. :(

I'm in LA, California

[/quote']

Im in Valrico, florida. ( next to tampa.) Add me on steam: legit_zohan

What do you use for talking online?

That hard work is the gameplay. If you don't like it you're in the wrong game!

I never said i didnt like it. It just sad to see all that stuff go bye bye.

Im kinda trying to get a small team going right now

Alright.. im good now. A group of 3, including me, went looting. I now have all my stuff that i had back plus more. Along the power lines we found atleast 10+ cars and trucks. Myfriend looted a m249 with 2 full mags and a bunch of other stuff.

We got the Gaz and made our way to our other buddy witch was waiting for us. We park the vehicle over a hill so no one can spot it or take it. We went into north elektro and got our gear and got out super fast. We are now camped with our vehicle north of elektro. Sadly... we lost a group member to some bandits. I took out the killer and my buddy took out the other AFK bandit.