Sign in to follow this  
Wolfbane (DayZ)

Kicked to windows (TAB+MB4)

When I press TAB, and after that I press Mouse button 4 (or MB2) = It tabs me out to windows

Info that might be related.

Windows 7, 64bit

Mouse: Razer Mamba

Im not sure if it is some kind of related to the game itself, or in Windows 7. But I cant find any reason why it kicks me to windows.
And as I wrote, I press TAB, and then I remove my finger from TAB, and then hit MB4.... just want to clarify that Im not holding TAB while I press MB4

The reason I press mouse button 4 is because thats my "Push to talk" in Mumble, Ventrilo, TeamSPeak, Dolby Axon...yha... all different voice communication programs. And the reason why I use 3rd party voice communication programs is because my microphone appears not to work in game, so have to fall back on 3rd party VOIP to talk with friends, otherwise it would be rather boring fast... ( http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/166387-mic-not-working/ )

And getting kicked out to windows could sometimes get you killed, ...so its rather frustrating. So if anyone have any clue why I get tabbed out to windows, please enlighten me. And if anyone have any clue why the mic dont work for me in game, then gladly reply to that to, but in the other thread.

Edit: This only seem to happen when I have the inventory open. So lets say I close the inventory with "TAB" and then press MB4 or MB2 then it does NOT kick me to windows. So Im guessing it is not a windows short command it is something related to the Inventory and the game.

Edited by Wolfbane

I guess you have assigned your "M4 mouse button" to "alt button" 

so when you press them at the same time = "alt+tab" which is a hotkey for program toggle in many win os, win7 in your case

the solution is, i guess, change the hot key of your push to talk to something else maybe ctrl or so

i hope these help

Why do you press Tab and M4 at the same time?

Why dont you actually read what I wrote ?

I guess you have assigned your "M4 mouse button" to "alt button" 

so when you press them at the same time = "alt+tab" which is a hotkey for program toggle in many win os, win7 in your case

the solution is, i guess, change the hot key of your push to talk to something else maybe ctrl or so

i hope these help

I have not set my MB4 to "alt"

It works fine to have MB4 as push to talk in any of the other hundred games I play and using VOIP programs at the same time, without problem. Even tried doing TAB+MB4 in other programs and nothing happens.