Sign in to follow this  
Sweendawg

game unplayable after patching to the new version

Most servers are @ 2300 hrs which means unplayable pitch night blackness. Yes i have tried gamma and no it has not worked....I mean ffs there are only a handful of playable servers and they are all full..the ones that are'nt are stuck at waiting for host?

Your definition of 'unplayable' confuses me.

Use dat flashlight, champ. It's not there for decoration, you know.

This would be a much better choice if they actually didn't shine thru every wall you point it at ... so until its not an x-ray flashlight I will bump around in the dark.  (unless they fixed this in last patch but I doubt it >.<)

• Like 1

Most servers are @ 2300 hrs which means unplayable pitch night blackness. Yes i have tried gamma and no it has not worked....I mean ffs there are only a handful of playable servers and they are all full..the ones that are'nt are stuck at waiting for host?

Lol...good one.  DayZ can't be played at night.

This is nonsense. I can only play a few hours in the evenings/at nights. Are you saying that I should spend all my time in this game on not-at-all-fun darkness?

so far, i've devised the method of, close the blinds, turn up gamma & brightness. use flashlight for when looking through house..

the only part that i hate is, why the hell can't i point / aim my flashlight.. god please give my hands directional aim

With all respect.. .but wtf!

I go to work at 06.00, come home around 18:00. .. ok, fun as hell.

I've just spend 58 euos on a server I cant setup as I wish or even play on.

Is this for real?

• Like 1

With all respect.. .but wtf!

I go to work at 06.00, come home around 18:00. .. ok, fun as hell.

I've just spend 58 euos on a server I cant setup as I wish or even play on.

Is this for real?

More fool you for spending 58 euros without doing adequate research. It's not exactly a secret that there are no private hives yet.

Honestly, the internet would be a much less contentious place if people bothered to do a little research before spending money.

Your definition of 'unplayable' confuses me.

Use dat flashlight, champ. It's not there for decoration, you know.

been alive too long.... battery is way dead... can't see to find another....

so far, i've devised the method of, close the blinds, turn up gamma & brightness. use flashlight for when looking through house..

the only part that i hate is, why the hell can't i point / aim my flashlight.. god please give my hands directional aim

increase your aiming deadzone

turn your clouds on if you have clouds disabled you cant see at night.

have them set to all settings nothing helps at 2300 hrs

I made a switch from ArmA 3 to DayZ:SA and had to pay a little more the first month, but the amount didn't really have anything to do with what I'm trying to say here "kiddo". What I ment was that when I get home from work, it will be night time on my server. I cant do anything about it couse of the rules.. . so now I need to play on other servers then my own or play in total darkness. That pretty mutch piss me off. Also smart ass answeres like you keep posting on this forum just make me more angry. You dont helping anyone here, so just stfu!

• Like 1

My point still stands. It was made very clear from the outset that customisation on servers wasn't going to be available until a while after launch, so I'm not sure what your complaint is. The information was out there for you to find, you chose not to do that.

I'm not suggesting it's not frustrating or annoying, I'm simply pointing out that the 'I'M PAYING MONEY BUT CAN'T DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT' argument is silly, because it was made clear that you wouldn't be able to do what you want with it (for a while at least) BEFORE you handed your money over.

Edited by Target Practice

Turning clouds and gamma on is only going to do so much. What do you do when a Zombie lurks up on you? Put away your flashlight and start swinging? Literally right now, with a battery in it, I am not able to use this pistol flashlight. I have never been successfully able to use a headtorch but I have no intentions of playing a game with a retard-band strapped to my head. I'm not a coal miner. 

I get that this is in Alpha, and I have no clue of the intentions of the developers, but honestly they need to start pushing quick fixes for this shit. Like make the stars brighter, put lights inside houses, street lamps, something...You can't rely on a fucking flashlight forever. 

Last night, first time logging into the game post patch, I pulled out the flashlight and started running around. Two seconds later some dude was punching me. My gamma and clouds all the way up as best as they can be and I couldn't see dick. Put the flashlight away so I could at least try to punch back - dead by the time the flashlight was in my pants.

If you want realistic mechanics, don't do things like allow us to carry 300 round ammo cases in 4 slot jeans or tactical shirts, that's a joke. That makes no sense. Let there be light.

--edit-- also batteries for flashlights are like a fucking pixel so if/when your battery dies good luck finding a pixel in pitch black. Please do not follow up with 'well a pixels actual color hrurhur so you could see a pixel' I don't understand computers plz dad

Edited by PityLovesYou
  • Like 1