DeathComesSilently

Cooking + Combining Food, Recipes

Cooking And Recipes

So, the idea was that after more food types/kinds are added, that there is more emphasis on the cooking mechanic. At the moment, there is canned, and cooked food. All food types on their own will fill a small amount of hunger if eaten by themselves, i.e, eating a single can of beans will refill 1/5 hunger. But, if you were to cook those beans, it would refill 2/5. Even more if you were to combine beans and cooked meat of some kind. All ideas here are open to criticism, expand on if possible, don't bash.

Good idea level: [1-5]

Some kinds of food that could be added later on, and techniques:

[5] More variates of canned goods, i.e, Soup

[4] Crackers of some kind

[3] The boiling of water, to cook soups or meat

[3] Veggies, i.e, Lettuce

[2] Salt/spices, used to keep meat in good condition

Some sample recipes:

Baked Beans + Cooked Meat = 4/5 Hunger refill

Spices + Cooked Meat = 3 Hunger refill

Crackers + Sardines = 2 Hunger refill

Cooked Soup + Spices = 3 Hunger refill

User suggested recipes/ingredients:

Salt can be used to preserve almost any food item indefinitely' date=' BUT when you eat said food item it increases your thirst so it stays balanced giving players more options with their food and more of those risks they need to take on whether to survive or not.

[/quote']

Anyways, these are just some ideas, so either add more ideas like mine, or find a way to pick at my idea. Thanks!

EDIT: If some of you post some good recipes I will add them to the list here. Come up with new ingredients too!

How about this suggestion, Salt can be used to preserve almost any food item indefinently, BUT when you eat said food item it increases your thirst so it stays balanced giving players more options with their food and more of those risks they need to take on whether to survive or not.

How about this suggestion' date=' Salt can be used to preserve almost any food item indefinently, BUT when you eat said food item it increases your thirst so it stays balanced giving players more options with their food and more of those risks they need to take on whether to survive or not.

[/quote']

Good suggestion, will add to post.

How about this suggestion' date=' Salt can be used to preserve almost any food item indefinently, BUT when you eat said food item it increases your thirst so it stays balanced giving players more options with their food and more of those risks they need to take on whether to survive or not.

[/quote']

Good suggestion, will add to post.

Yay! :D

AWESOME!!!

The Zombie Apocalypse Betty Crocker Kitchen Simulator.

(not really).

The hunger and thirst mechanic needs to be fixed, the servers are real time and i know for a fact i can go for 2 3 days with out food and a day or 2 with out water. So why do i get thirty and hungry every 1 or 2 hours? i like the idea of making recipes but if single foods will only fill you so much then the rate at wich we get hungry/thirsty need to be made longer. With a fatigue state the longer you wait to eat drink so you wait a day with out drinking or eating you cant run as long and you become tired to the point you get dehidrated and pass out. I dont fully understand the arma 2 engine but i reckon something like this could be done to make it more realistic. this way we could have less food loot making it more intense and more realistic being that in a situation like this i dont think we would find food in everbuilding we enter. Hunting animals would become more of a neccesary thing and going to lakes with water bottles will be mopre a factor aswell.

The hunger and thirst mechanic needs to be fixed' date=' the servers are real time and i know for a fact i can go for 2 3 days with out food and a day or 2 with out water. So why do i get thirty and hungry every 1 or 2 hours? i like the idea of making recipes but if single foods will only fill you so much then the rate at wich we get hungry/thirsty need to be made longer. With a fatigue state the longer you wait to eat drink so you wait a day with out drinking or eating you cant run as long and you become tired to the point you get dehidrated and pass out. I dont fully understand the arma 2 engine but i reckon something like this could be done to make it more realistic. this way we could have less food loot making it more intense and more realistic being that in a situation like this i dont think we would find food in everbuilding we enter. Hunting animals would become more of a neccesary thing and going to lakes with water bottles will be mopre a factor aswell.

[/quote']

Most of these problems are due to bugs, and as I said in the post, this cooking system should (if at all) be implemented after other big problems are ironed out.

Really?????

All the things to do in Chernarus and you're worried about cooking varieties of SIMULATED food to SIMULATE eating?

I guess everyone get's his jollies in his own way.