Sign in to follow this  
armstrong883

private Hive after patch

If I had to guess, yes; but it's still up in the air at this point.

From the patch notes, I assume that "sub-private hive" means it will still be controlled at the provider level (no server files provided) but that you could PW protect if you want.  Kind of curious about that also. I would also think the sub-private hive would obviously be a different database than the regular, public hive.

So, *if* that's the case, will the provider allow renters to switch from sub-private to public at will? We know the gear won't xfer, but it would be a good option to be able to PW-protect your server to go RP with friends or whatever, then later on make it public again.

I know there's not a lot of info out yet, just thinking out loud.

What do you mean by hive btw pls ?

Like a server ?

The 'hive' is referring to a centralized database stored on servers run by BIS.  The 'hive' database contains all game info about player locations, status/location of loot, etc.  All Public Servers report/send their game info to the centralized 'hive'.   This is why when you log out of one Public Server,  and log into another,  your toon is in the same place, with the same gear, etc. 

Yeah...still no official word on how to actually "set" a server to Sub-Private.  Regular/Hardcore dropdowns seem to be available from most of the hosting providers now, so that options is easy enough to config, but private hives remain a mystery.  No official word yet on if they're in or how they work.  Lots of fingers crossed, though.