dds__@hotmail.com

Will the game eventually become a zombie survival game?

Honestly the game is all about survival' date=' the way people treat each other is spot on. There's a definite feeling of distrust and fear among the community which is perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting where the few survivors are desperately grasping at what little remains.

[/quote']

It's not. Its about killing anyone you see, as soon as you see them. There is no feeling of distrust or fear. You already know they are going to shoot you if they get the chance. There is no uncertainty. There are only the deathmatch players and the people that are on skype with their predetermined group.

No there isn't. People like you need to stop being so IGNORANT AND USE DIRECT COMMS. There is a billion stories on these forums of RANDOM PEOPLE coming across each other and working together.

Hell me and a buddy were doing some banditry outside cherno along the highways. shooting people in the leg who didnt stop and go prone when we talked to them on direct comms. We made them dump their backpacks, taking what we wanted. On one occasion we gave a person morphine and a blood infusion after they said "JUST GO AHEAD AND SHOOT ME".

Other times i've run into people and exchanged greetings on direct comms and went our seperate ways. NOT EVERY FUCKING SHOOTS FIRST. USE DAMN DIRECT COMMS IS THE POINT.

Also, if you just run blindly into a loot hot spot and HERP DERP into buildings then yes you're going to startle someone into shooting first. ALWAYS ALWAY ALWAYS Direct comm a loot hot spot and you perhaps wont get shot in the damn face.

Honestly the game is all about survival' date=' the way people treat each other is spot on. There's a definite feeling of distrust and fear among the community which is perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting where the few survivors are desperately grasping at what little remains.

[/quote']

It's not. Its about killing anyone you see, as soon as you see them. There is no feeling of distrust or fear. You already know they are going to shoot you if they get the chance. There is no uncertainty. There are only the deathmatch players and the people that are on skype with their predetermined group.

No there isn't. People like you need to stop being so IGNORANT AND USE DIRECT COMMS. There is a billion stories on these forums of RANDOM PEOPLE coming across each other and working together.

Hell me and a buddy were doing some banditry outside cherno along the highways. shooting people in the leg who didnt stop and go prone when we talked to them on direct comms. We made them dump their backpacks, taking what we wanted. On one occasion we gave a person morphine and a blood infusion after they said "JUST GO AHEAD AND SHOOT ME".

Other times i've run into people and exchanged greetings on direct comms and went our seperate ways. NOT EVERY FUCKING SHOOTS FIRST. USE DAMN DIRECT COMMS IS THE POINT.

Also, if you just run blindly into a loot hot spot and HERP DERP into buildings then yes you're going to startle someone into shooting first. ALWAYS ALWAY ALWAYS Direct comm a loot hot spot and you perhaps wont get shot in the damn face.

I DO USE DIRECT COMM HERP DERP. Every "fucking" does in fact shoot first. Of course if you run blindly into buildings in hotspots you will get killed. Why do you think I can't play dayz solo succesfully? Because I posted something different from your own agenda? Probably. Probably why youre hostile and mad.

Yes all pvpers must be "immature" douche bags. Yet you're the one sounding all pompous and high and mighty. "OH IT IS SIMPLE BENEATH ME AND BARBAROUS TO PARTAKE IN SUCH UNCOUTH CONFLICT". I like how you continue to be QUITE THE FUCKING DOUCHE BAG YOURSELF when you decide to label and reticule gamers in their 20s-30s.

I'm honestly not sure at this point if you're a woman or just a dandy but this mod takes place in a dark and brutal world. If you can't appreciate the struggle to survive in it and indulge yourself in the idea that you're going to die then you're not going to have any fun. This mod i feel covers everyones play style which is a GREAT THING, I don't understand why people like you want to Pigeon hole the game into something ITS NOT.

Also, take your psuedo general pysch college class level babble bullshit elsewhere you're just a common D-bag & no better than anyone else. Also lose the self righteous patronizing tunnel vision attitude.

And there goes any constructive debate or discussion that may have even had a chance of occurring. Saying, "yes all pvpers" is immediately wrong, and a deviation of the logic of what I was saying. I specifically noted that the crowds that do it are unique, and even used myself and personal examples as a contrast to show the difference in PvP'ers and the shapes and forms the come in. Really, I was trying to accentuate the trolls, because THAT was what PvE'ers complain about, not PvP in general. Pompous? High and mighty? You have research to do, sir. Again, you generalize without reading. If I had to guess, I would argue you formulated your response before finishing reading everything I posted, and finished your formulated response before ever even finishing my post. I myself am a gamer in my 20's, and was not targeting GAMERS in their 20's, but a specific groups of gamers in the range of 20-30+.

A woman? You talk about generalizing, compartmentalizing, and reticule specific groups, then deem me a "woman" or "dandy" because of how you wrongly perceive my thoughts on game play? That's ironic if I have ever seen it. I understand the content of the game, and if you read my posts you will see that I agree with you, but you choose to be immature and nonconstructive in contributing to the community instead of partaking in dialogue. I Understand PvP, and again, PvP is fine. I'm merely highlighting the trolls that kill because it makes their little ticker count / epenis look cooler for a few days until they die.

That's not what pseudo even means, it has nothing to do with professional psychology or a psychology class. It's almost conventional wisdom understanding the entry-level mental workings of a PvP'er. On numerous occasions you insulted my character, all while propagating the exact same character traits you used to describe me. You dedicated such an offensive and overzealous post to telling someone they're offensive and overzealous. Huh.

I like that the developers have been making zombies much harder' date=' but I don't think it'll ever shift. It's not the game's fault, it's the player's fault. It's the type of mindset that most people have in a video game nowadays. See someone, shoot him. If you don't think like that then it's generally: see someone, "Oh boy I'll troll him hard and kill him."

I always try to help people when I can, but I haven't really made it that far yet :P.

To be fair to the game itself though, there really isn't too much to do once you've gotten a sniper rifle other than kill players. I really don't think bandits themselves are the problem. There are only a select few people who have sniper rifles on each server because they are so rare, and as a community, we can know with 95% certainty where they are (airfield, Stary Sobor, etc). It's the fact that as soon as a new player gets a gun they just want to go around and kill everybody. And as soon as the innocent naive player is killed by one of them, he then becomes paranoid and is forced to kill everyone he sees for fear of being attacked again. It's a never ending cycle of fear that causes everyone to not trust each other and feel the need to shoot first and ask questions later.

The only way to fix that is to make some kind of better marking for bandits, like how there used to be skins. I honestly don't even know why they were removed in the first place. Somehow, we have to show the players that killing each other isn't the option. Banditry is fun, I understand it, and I can support it. They are generally in small numbers and easy to avoid. It's the beginner players who ruin the fun for everyone else.

[/quote']

I agree with the 2nd paragraph 100% Especially the never ending cycle part.

I don't feel the new players are the issue, it's the hardcore players with all the good weapons and gear that live in this bloody game that's the problem. There are LOTS of them guys I assure you.

One possible solution would be to limit the amount of times you can kill other players somehow.

One possible solution would be to limit the amount of times you can kill other players somehow.

This wont go over well with most of the community. It severly limits the game and what 90% of people exclusively do in dayz.

I suggested bringing back bandit skins, but I got only hostile replies and posts about how the original bandit skin makes them "A beacon" and "a 25 ft flashing arrow above bandits heads"

These are the same people that will defend their ridiculous advantage that makes one aspect of gameplay nearly impossible. It's also one cause of the "never ending cycle" as mentioned above.

Hell me and a buddy were doing some banditry outside cherno along the highways. shooting people in the leg who didnt stop and go prone when we talked to them on direct comms. We made them dump their backpacks' date=' taking what we wanted. On one occasion we gave a person morphine and a blood infusion after they said "JUST GO AHEAD AND SHOOT ME".

[/quote']

I want to see more of this! This is realism, this is what Banditry should be! A little less kill everyone as soon as you see them and a little more of this and the game would be near perfection in my eyes. I want my bandits to be actual bandits. To get the jump on me in a group (anywhere from 2+ players) and demand my shit in exchange for my life. Make me crouch on the floor and keep drop my weapon while one of you goes through my pack to take anything of worth, force me to empty my pockets for fear of being killed if I refused. Then once you have everything of use from me, send me off one way while you hide/reposition.

This is what a real bandit would be like and I must give you props for playing one out. I am impressed sir.

I think the problem is that the game is designed to last around 1-3 hours. And at the same time being persistent.

So if you play one day for 3 hours and then login on a second day, you wont have the survival aspect of the game as you start out with all the essential gear already.

So after 3 hours or two days playing, your only threat to survival will be other players.

We now have cars, boats and tents, that we can play with once we figured out how to survive ...

Maybe add more to the exploring aspect of the game to prolong game-play time further.

This wont go over well with most of the community. It severly limits the game and what 90% of people exclusively do in dayz.

I suggested bringing back bandit skins' date=' but I got only hostile replies and posts about how the original bandit skin makes them "A beacon" and "a 25 ft flashing arrow above bandits heads"

These are the same people that will defend their ridiculous advantage that makes one aspect of gameplay nearly impossible. It's also one cause of the "never ending cycle" as mentioned above.

[/quote']

I agree and sod what 'they' think. I want to play the game, kill zombies and co-operate with other players, I have NO interest in killing anyone, never have. It was only after a few hours I realised that the game was rife with pk's who are just pathetic imo.

optional friendly fire off servers.

Thats the only way we will truly get coop zombie survival gameplay.

I do think the zombie/infected should not only be around towns and structures but in the forest as well and maybe some rabid animals thrown in there too. Also, if there infected when they do hit you but not kill you why dont you get infected, maybe you become the zombie and attack the players and able to call other zombies to "aid" you lol.

i hope so but the way things are going now it doesnt look likely. i think the developers are set on making call of duty sandbox with some zombies in some places.

it ll not happen.You see,thats all of you crybabies guys making a thread anytimes you are killed who show this game is special and deserve better players,with better patience. I remember the old games,wheres players enjouyed difficult games, the most difficult it was the best it was Since 10years, the gamedevs made babysittor games taking their players as milkcows ,moneymoneymoney. Few devs,rocket one of them, try to put something original and difficult ,full loot open world with permdeath and unsafes places.What did you expected ? its not cause you are killed by players than the game is a deathmatch. Simple to understand no?

a deathmatch is a gamemode where you have to kill people to win. Do you win the round here?no. cause its a fucking sandbox and its your fucking story. If you dont want to play it like that THATS YOUR STORY. Why people should accept your playstyle and you dont accept their playstyle?

I know ppl who try to help, who die trying

i know ppl who try to avoid players.

I know people who play for pvp only

i know ppl trying to kill as much zed as possible

AND YOU? I KNOW YOU SHOULD PLAY A SINGLEPLAYER GAME CAUSE YOU NEED A FUCKING ALL-MADE STORY since you are not able to make your own

I dunno, it definitely feels like a zombie apocalypse game to me but then that's how I choose to play it. I've been playing for 7 weeks, killed only one person, never seen a silenced weapon, never seen a DMR, never had NVGs or a GPS, and zombies still scare me even though I've got good at hatchet-stalking them and sneaking around them.

I spend all my time figuring out my next goal and trying to achieve it. Usually something unexpected happens and I end up having to do something else. I'm currently packing an M1911 with plenty of ammo and a hatchet, and that's all I need weaponwise.

I have nothing against the PvPers and PKers, not even the trollish ones. They fit perfectly into the zombie apocalypse setting and make my game much deeper, as does the paranoia that they add to every encounter with other players. For the record, I've met plenty of other friendly players out in the woods and the hills, and those encounters are much deeper simply for the fact that neither of us know the others' intentions. It's a totally unique thing that I've never experienced in other games.

I suggested bringing back bandit skins' date=' but I got only hostile replies and posts about how the original bandit skin makes them "A beacon" and "a 25 ft flashing arrow above bandits heads"

[/quote']

The current system of hearing their heart rate isn't too bad, the problem is figuring out an appropriate tell without sacrificing immersion.

I feel the survival elements quite a lot, actually. In a zombie apocalypse, I would be extremely wary of other human beings: Possibly more so than the zombies themselves.

How terrible at this game are some of you? I mean, seriously, all I see are prey on this forum crying constantly. as was asked above, where are all these snipers you people keep crying about? I have NEVER been ganked on the coast by a sniper or anyone using a powerful rifle!

I've calmly addressed this nonsense in the past but I just can't stomach it anymore. You're terrible at this game.

A special mention to those who claim that anyone who participates in PVP is crazy or an asshole in real life: you're a child, a sniveling, contemptuous and weak-minded child.

I mean - Me and my group from TS have been playing/loving/enjoying & hating every single aspect of Dayz.

That being says, one of the most biggest debates to always occur in convo day after day, is the element of "coop".

There is NO coop left in dayz simple because, there is no punishment for slaughter to a player.

There is no steady thought in ones mind when they come across another player randomly to think "Too shoot or not too shoot?" - Why? Its simple...

Because the "bandit skin" no longer applies.

Now bare with me - i know most say that the removal of the skin was for a better thing, but in all seriousness....was it?

Wasnt it so much more friendly when people would hesitate to shoot another player, simply because they didnt want to tarnish there "murder" score, or to end up with the bandit skin, simply because it was a moving target for people to shoot, since it was after-all, a punishment.

The problem now is there is NO punishment given to anyone who wants to free willingly go into the game, just to fuck peoples scores/dayz up.

I say that rocket has to implement something similar to the bandit skin, that will get people to think or regret the choice they have made, and this is simply why, dayz has become the Deathmatch way.

EDIT: Me and a friend are once again discussing this, and he actually brought up something i love, for anyone who commits a cold blood out murder ( i know it would be hard to determine, but take it for example the way bandit skin worked ), anyone who commits a murder, should show up on the map for 5-15min, "maybe as a lil skull + crossbones" that allows people WITH maps, to see that person.

From here, it would be a players choice to either avoid that area + person, simply because they dont want to be killed, OR it would give so called "groups" of players out there, to now conjure up a new way of playing dayz, "Bounty hunters". They can choose to go try kill this murderer themselves, for the sake of his loot, or anything.

Now this is only an example - if anyone has other ones, feel free to share.

But again, it brings out the fun factor of murdering, and the negatives of it also.

Bring back punishment!

Bring back Bandit skins!

Bring back coop gameplay!

There are a few ways to combat this issue.

1) The removal or significant limiting of weapons...

2) More abundant' date=' aggressive zombies...

[/quote']

Isn't this exactly what rocket just did with the last round of updates? And yet here we are again. Everyone keeps brainstoming alll these creative, imaginative mechanics designed to indirectly limit PvP, when the obvious answer has been there all along. If you want less PVP, then punish PVP'ers.

But, since that appears to be against the weird, social Anarchist philosophy so popular around these parts - well, in all fairness the game is about an Apocalypse - then the next best thing would be to arm players with a variety of tools which allow for the maintenance of social structure and self-enforcement. Of course, that's going down quite a dangerous road of even greater meta-gaming, abuse, exploits and general political machinations.

Having said all that, IMO the PVP is by far the most interesting part of the mod, so take from all this what you will.

Zombies? What zombies? Been playing for weeks and never seen a single zombie. Right now it's an enchanced-mutant/alien-invasion game. Zombies don't move like that.

I just came away, breathing, from one of the most engaging 'TvT' experiences today. How dare you suggest that PvP (and converesly Team Versus Team) is not the end game of a Zombie apocalypse.

The end is come and gone. Now the survivors are busy establishing their groups and territories.

Zombies are not the real threat; they were the means to an end.

PvPing along the coast, right by the spawns, sucks for the new players or players trying to live down there. But this is how it is. Their is no security down south and no real way to enforce security.

I don't want it to be a Zombie Survival Game.

I want it to be a Zombie Survival Simulator.

What is the obsession with the "zombie" bit about? It is a survival game in a zombie apocalypse...the zombies are just one of the threats: the other threats are the environment itself and primarily other players, who (unlike the zombies) actually react intelligently.

Please, stop obsessing on the "zombie" bit of it.

For my money (and I am not a big PvP'er before you ask...I have killed a grand total of six people since joining the world of DayZ) it is the existence of the player threat that makes DayZ what it is.

I will tell you right now that without the possibility of players killing me, I would not spend every moment in DayZ paranoid as hell about being killed...it would simply be long boring runs, followed by a little sneaking as you approach a building.

Actually, remove the player threat and zombies will cease to be a real challenge. Zombies are a problem precisely because of the threat of other players: it is not fear of zombies that stops me from shooting...it is fear of other players hearing me :)

I heard this game was just a "PvP fest" and nobody plays it like a zombie survival game.

Hmph.

News to me.

lyxug.png

Bring back coop gameplay!

It went away? I never play the game alone. Ever. If you want to play with others, why are you playing alone? I don't get it.

People need to stop suggesting that COOP IS ENFORCED. If people choose to run Co op they CAN CHOOSE TO. THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES. STOP TRYING TO PIGEON HOLE PEOPLE, FORCE THEM TO GROUP UP. IT SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE TO GROUP UP OR NOT.

There should never be a punishment for killing players that is stupid and unrealistic to the mod. Your punishment is agroing any zombies that might be near by. You punish pvpers or PKing and this game will drop in population faster than Paris Hiltons panties.

Simple rule is chat. If they don't try and reply or declare they are not hostile kos. And those who declare they are friendly then attack you. Burn in hell.