Sign in to follow this  
Gilkag

Fix the hunger and the thirst bars so U dont have to eat and drink after the bars are not showing up to be healthy

Imagine this, In real life, does somebody have to eat until he's really full, or absolutely full, or that his to stomach feels more full than normal, to be healthy?

the dev's are trying to make dayz standalone as realistic as possible, and thats why they have to fix this.

and also, its just really complicated to calculate the amounts of everything you put in your mouth like the player is like on some kind of an extreme diet! thats fucked up.

when the player is not hunry, and is not thirsty, he should be healthy.

whats your opinion on this?

Edited by Gilkag

*Sigh*

This has been suggested sooooo many times before. Please use the search function before making new topics.

• Like 1

*Sigh*

This has been suggested sooooo many times before. Please use the search function before making new topics.

Oh ok im sorry, well, have the dev's said anything about this? are they gonna fix it? did people support this idea?

I don't think its "Broken" i actually like it this way, it means you have to actually keep track of what your putting in to your body.

• Like 1

I don't think its "Broken" i actually like it this way, it means you have to actually keep track of what your putting in to your body.

Yep it is broken and really not realistic.

Imagine this, In real life, does somebody have to eat until he's really full, or absolutely full, or that his to stomach feels more full than normal, to be healthy?

the dev's are trying to make dayz standalone as realistic as possible, and thats why they have to fix this.

and also, its just really complicated to calculate the amounts of everything you put in your mouth like the player is like on some kind of an extreme diet! thats fucked up.

Edited by Gilkag

nvm its a mistake delete this comment

Edited by Gilkag

Its not broken, its a good system to represent the human body which might be tweaked a little bit during the alpha phase. For more detail watch Merino Dayz videos. they are awesome.

• Like 1

Yep it is broken and really not realistic.

I've -never- had a problem with it even in the slightest so i don't know what you're problem is. Also Realism shouldn't take president over good ideas.

Yeah I like it, I mean I can eat a bit and get slightly full but in a short amount of time because I barley ate anything I will get hungry again. Also in a environment like that I bet our bodies are using calories very fast.

Its not broken, its a good system to represent the human body which might be tweaked a little bit during the alpha phase. For more detail watch Merino Dayz videos. they are awesome.

I've watched his videos, in fact all of them. But everything is just really complicated...

I just dont get how much I really need to eat and drink even after I watched this video: 

mistake...

del this msg

Edited by Gilkag

Yeah I remember fruit is the best vitamin bottles help to. I eat a good deal of fruit I had saved up as well as a full vitamin bottle and I got a very healthy status message in the inv and I did not require food for quite some time.

Yeah I remember fruit is the best vitamin bottles help to. I eat a good deal of fruit I had saved up as well as a full vitamin bottle and I got a very healthy status message in the inv and I did not require food for quite some time.

what about drinking?

I did need to drink but I always kept at least 2 water bottles and try to find as many wells as possible, but I could understand why your char would need more water then food.

• Like 1

I just drink a lot of water and eat a few cans of food every hour or so and I'm "healthy" according to the game even though I don't eat/drink until I'm full.

Graveyard plz

Yeah! and there should be plenty of zombies there!

I agree, i was stupid until yester day when i got shot and lived and ran away, so after i bandage myself, my screen is gray so i knew that if u are healthey, you regenerate blood. So my dummbutt eats and drinks so it doesnt say hungry or thirsty. So i thought i was healing, until i met anotehr players and he ask if i need anything and i say blood. Her ask why and i tell him the storie. And then he point out that it needs to say *Healing and siad i need to eat and drink Alot......so yeahh....thats how i found out and i think that it should be fixed aswell, you shouldnt need to eat and drink that much.

OP doesn't understand...

There is a difference between being full, hungry, and not really knowing at all, or in the middle.

If a person was starving for a while, and only ate until he was "ok" not starving but not full, he would NOT be healthy.

Especially if you were injured. Those nutrients that you consume from food sources are used for your body, including healing.

When you are hurt, your body uses up a biomolecule called protein MUCH faster in order to heal the wound.

Does that mean that you would be fine as long as you stay borderline hungry? NO!

Use some common sense OP, and maybe some of your biology knowledge.

I've watched his videos, in fact all of them. But everything is just really complicated...

I just dont get how much I really need to eat and drink even after I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOODoxaOQ0c

Like the video shows, you might eat a apple and have some soda and chips, and you FEEL fine, but what you really need is alot more apples to get rid of free radicals, and a few chicken legs so you can grow and repair.

Your body is a MACHINE, and machines get DAMAGED. Your body needs to REPAIR the damages by using MATERIALS or NUTRIENTS for the job.

I would at least like to see bars for health, blood, hunger, & thirst. Give players an idea of their state and change their tactics accordingly.