Sign in to follow this  
Tonyx97

[Fast Answer] Defibrillator

Hi all, this is about new update, I read that defibrillator can revive players, but... Can it revives from a totally dead player? or can it revives from a unconscious player? Thanks for read.

Edited by Tonyx97

No, the defib cannot revive dead players.

It's supposed to be able to revive a certain type of unconsciousness, but I'm not sure that it's currently working. 

Its not currently working, its susposed to revive from shock damage, but epipens do work, but even that is really useless for the most part.

...needs to be removed and replaced with an alternative method such as smelling salts. A defib IS ONLY used when when someones heart is in vfib or vtac, such a dumb and useless implementation and waste of code...hit someone who's unconscious with 'em and you're just going to further injure them.

If I'm not very mistaken the working defib is going to have a very nice surprise for us beyond its known use *stereotypical villain's laughter*

Edited by (TMW) Merino
  • Like 1

I honestly think that the defib should be able to save people from death.  They get shot and they die, but some friends come and revive him with a blood bag and a defibrillator.  This could get slightly out of hand if not created by the devs correctly

though.

Edited by kg360

I honestly think that the defib should be able to save people from death.  They get shot and they die, but some friends come and revive him with a blood bag and a defibrillator.  This could get slightly out of hand if not created by the devs correctly

though.

The only way I see a defib "reviving" is if they are close to death and unconscious. What I mean is when someone is already really low on blood. That when he gets shot he looses enough blood and gets enough shock applied to be almost perma unconscious and loosing health then I can see it "reviving". Another would be lets say I get shot with a mosin the the head but am wearing a pristine ballistic helmet. After being shot in the head he also maybe got shot one more time and is bleeding out. They to get almost near death by loosing alsmot all there blood and health and have insane shock value. Something like this maybe the defib can "revive" someone from near death. Your above comment would be a great way to bring some one back from the brink but not save them once they have died.

Now I'm pretty sure this is how it will work in the future but if your screen says you're dead you are DEAD. DO NOT pass go and collect 200 monopo greenbacks you can not comeback from death. We have been trying this for generations in RL it wont work there & its not going to happen in a Military sim. Also it very much should not be a death fix at all that is just not ARMA DAYZ MOD or DAYZ SA. I know it would be cool and all make things so much easier but alas that is not the way of the Mil Sim. Maybe in the future they can add an extensive medical system and complex wounds/death where some people could be brought back that might be interesting to see.

Players can now be revived with the defibrillator

that was i the patch notes but if it means unconscious or, revived, revived i dunno.

Hahaha awesome, as I expected you can use the defib to taze people now and drop them unconscious - and yes you can do it to yourself too. Clear! Bzzzt, you are unconscious :D

Hahaha awesome, as I expected you can use the defib to taze people now and drop them unconscious - and yes you can do it to yourself too. Clear! Bzzzt, you are unconscious :D

Let me guess: you tested it on yourself.

Let me guess: you tested it on yourself.

You expect anything less from Merino? :D Edited by Monkfish