Sign in to follow this  
nightynightz

Damaged Items/Bags - Reduction of usable Slots

So yes, what the title says. 

They should make it that when items are being damaged or are in bad condition, they have less slots in them to use, until repaired. That way for instance people will actually try and get the best condition clothing and backpacks, not just for the looks. As the newest patch states, backpacks are going to be harder to find, thus giving people more incentive to rob those that have them, thus shooting on sight or chopping with an axe on sight for that matter will be even more common.

But if one gets shot in the back, the other guy risks of having a back pack with only ten slots...by slots I mean a single cell. 

Thoughts ?

P.S - I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before.

• Like 10

I like the idea and i`m pretty sure something like this will be implemented since they created the foundation for item condition but not many effects are actually in the game.

• Like 1

I find this idea intriguing, and definably thing that it should be tried out.

Or\and damaged\ruined backpacks lost sometimes random item.

Edited by Tarrin

Like the idea too, increase the realism. It remains to be seen how far the devs want to increase it.

Badly damaged backpacks should also be accessible to other players while on an alive persons back.  I would think that a badly damaged backpack would have a stuck zipper that cant close all the way or a large gaping hole that you can reach your hand into. 

you got my beans.

Thanks guys.

As far as I'm aware the random item drops out of damaged equipment has already been talked about by the devs, so I suppose that's just a matter of time. At this point tho, item conditions have no use/effect in-game, I'm not sure what they are going to do with it but I'm hoping something similar to what I suggested, due to it makes sense in the game.

For now the only difference between a very damaged backpack / any other slot giving item and pristine is purely cosmetic.

• Like 1

That definitely sounds like a great idea, lol I wasn't sure if they hadn't already gone and added it in when I 1st tried the SA, I was very wary of damaged backpacks for awhile lol. The idea of diminishing inventory sounds great to, it shows your char not even considering the jacket pocket with a hole in it. Imagine getting shot at to and having your backpack ripped open while your running away.

• Like 1

That definitely sounds like a great idea, lol I wasn't sure if they hadn't already gone and added it in when I 1st tried the SA, I was very wary of damaged backpacks for awhile lol. The idea of diminishing inventory sounds great to, it shows your char not even considering the jacket pocket with a hole in it. Imagine getting shot at to and having your backpack ripped open while your running away.

Yeah exactly my point, you expect damaged backpacks and hunter pants to not be able to hold as much stuff as pristine ones. 

Also since it says damaged items, I would like to throw out that I would like to see the maps change as they are damaged. For example if you find a badly damaged map it would be filled with holes and ripped&torn.

love the idea, definitely hope it's something they'll take into consideration and add if possible.

Beans for you my good sir!

Thanks ! 

So do we keep this thread up so that the devs could see and get more people on board then?

But if one gets shot in the back,

... then you'll have a lot bigger problems than losing items from your backpack.

Or wait, are we talking regular backpacks or bulletproof backpacks? Destroying or severely damaging items inside sure, but losing slots, no. It's not like you would be able to survive being shot with anything large enough to tear a hole in your backpack for items to pass through.

Edited by oacceptabel

... then you'll have a lot bigger problems than losing items from your backpack.

Or wait, are we talking regular backpacks or bulletproof backpacks? Destroying or severely damaging items inside sure, but losing slots, no. It's not like you would be able to survive being shot with anything large enough to tear a hole in your backpack for items to pass through.

Well, you actually can, get shot in a full backpack and the force of gravity will rip right thru it, if it's heavy and full that is. 

How often do you reckon it will happen?

Anything capable of ripping your backpack will very likely rip right through you too. Or do you mean near misses, when your enemy manages to hit your backpack in a trajectory without hitting you?

Well, if one would include a system like that, than yes, all of the types of shots, whether its to the side of the backpack or not.

But that's not the point, what I'm saying is SLOT NUMBERS should directly reflect item conditions. If it's pristine, you get the full amount of slot the given item can have, if its badly damaged you get less than a half of the maximum amount of slots...etc.