Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Can't Play Experimental???

So, i have downloaded it once, then reinstalled once after, but for some reason when i run the server browser for experimental branch, all i ever get is "bad version, cannot join". any ideas? i dont know why it does this. I have tryed every thing i can think of, but every server i see in the browser has a big fat red "X" and says my version is wrong. Can anyone help?

If you are trying to join a server with a red X then that is not an experimental server.  The experimental servers will have a GREEN CIRCLE where that X is.  But to continue to play in the stable build you will have to opt out of the EXP beta in the properties section then reinstall the old version for some reason to play again on the stable build.  You use to not have to do this but i guess thats a thing now. GL

Wait, so none of those with the red Xs are not experimental? so why am i not seeing any then? What a mysterious jogo.

No the EXP servers will actually say experimental in the description. But go into your filter and turn your ping up to 200 to search for more experimental servers cause there are only 4 of them in the US and from what ive searched there are only 14 servers total.  But you will just have to scroll down until you find the servers.  Its kinda pointless to play in them anyways cause there is no loot to be found, you will more than likely die of starvation before you find anything lol.  Its been almost 10hrs since the patch went live and the servers have not reset.  So if your lucky enough to get into one of the servers you more tha likely wont find anything.

I appreciate your responses. so should i filter with experimental in the mission filter, im guessing?

Put 4500 in filter and ping to 300.

Wait about 5 minutes and experimental servers will show up.

ive not actually tried that but it might work.  I just scrolled down in the internet tab of the server browser until i found a exp server.  NP.

I dont know whats up with my game, but i get about a page full of servers at a time max..... never had and EXP server show up.

SIC. I found one using IP searches. YEA!

I dont know whats up with my game, but i get about a page full of servers at a time max..... never had and EXP server show up.

set battleye to default

Well, im a bit of a bad guy, but, i managed to find one, got in, saw a flashlight (actually a headlamp), went to see what was up. the guy drew an axe, so i knocked him out and stole his stuff. so 30 seconds in, i had a can opener, hack saw, speed loaders for a magnum and shotty, and was off into the night with cargo pants and a tac shirt. awesome. time to get a shotty in my chest holster!!!! :D