Sign in to follow this  
MyPassword is Chickens20

Worst Mistake I've made...

haha, i love this and it did make me feel better! :D

Got back on early this morning and looted up, Found plenty of food/drink, a mosin and a lot of ammo. I wont be making the same mistake again. 

Cheers, mate :)

Good to hear you're "back on the horse" and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Turns out walking up to someone who is armed whilst you are wearing a gas mask and have a fire-axe isn't such a good idea after all...

Definately not a good idea sneaking upon people like this.

I am kind of torn apart in case of people wearing gas mask - by default I shoot everyone who wear payday masks as I consider them bandits. Should I apply same rule to people wearing gas masks? I guess not.

Definately not a good idea sneaking upon people like this.

I am kind of torn apart in case of people wearing gas mask - by default I shoot everyone who wear payday masks as I consider them bandits. Should I apply same rule to people wearing gas masks? I guess not.

Funny thing is - I wasn't sneaking. I walked up to them nice and loud, calling out to them through my mic. I think my mic doesn't sound clear enough for people to understand me though, since I overheard the guy looting me saying he thought I was a Russian (I'm 100% Brit lol) - they need to add more controls to select mic device and mic audio settings.

This is a sad, but unfortunately typical tale.  Here's an animation of your experience to make you feel better.

You don't hang about do you.

• Like 1

This only shows how hard it is and will be for a day z player to be a hero or a friendly player, and how easy it is to take the path of a bandit, i'm going for the hard road, love helping people and it makes me feel good, killing some fresh spawn or someone who barely has loot on him it's a waste of time in my oppinion, if he's not a threat i'll leave him be, but i won't give weapons to jackasses :P

However, if it is a Brit, Irish or Eastern European accent asking me to stop, or asking for food I find them far more friendly in general and am likely to stop, whereas if it is a Dutch/German/French accent, I KoS if I have a gun, or just carry on running if I don't.

Interesting point. Right now I try to make them say something - if they sound old enough they are probably ok. If they are kids, it is better to keep them at distance.

So, I just died on DayZ about 5 minutes after spawning in and heres how...

I was near to an air strip, so I decided to go down there and see what was about to loot, As I arrived, Scouting the sides of the fence I come across what seemed to be a new birth just strolling about in the middle of the path, how he survived getting there I have no idea, I decided to approach him to see if he wanted anything, Turnt the mic on, Told him im friendly and asked him if there was anything he needed for his journey, He then replied "Food please" so I give him a few cans of baked beans and a canteen full of water to keep him going for a while, We had a little few minute chat until we both departed, A few seconds later, I called him back and offered him a Pistol as I knew he'd never survive without a weapon, of some sort, He thanked me, Picked up my weapon as I was about to say bye for the last time, I fell to the ground and died.

He had shot me with the very gun I had given him. 

Probably the worst mistake I've made so far on DayZ, I wish I'd have thought over the consequences before acting on kindness. I guess its a lesson well learn't for me. 

New day tomorrow, new life.

Goodnight guys! 

:)

Yep, pretty much our experience as well.

95% of players KOS as long as they have at least a melee weapon.

This game is nothing more than a KOS perma death walking simulator.

BORING!