Happy-

defibrillator when to use.

So i havent used one so far but i do have one in my inventory and its got a battery in it,

what im wondering is does it work and if so when is it that you use it

does it work on any type of injuring that causes you to go unconsious to wake that person up or?

or just certain ones. like shock or loss of blood?

im guessing that if it does work

say my friend gets injured and goes unconsious due to lack of blood i first bandage the guy so he stops loosing blood then i use the defib.

but once he's up is he gonna stay up if i havent given him fluids first or blood?

my friend did go unconsious due to injuries and bloodloss at one point (before i had defib) and i brought him back up by giving him some sailine and that worked splendedly, he was severly injured tho but consious

what im wondering is. is it worth running around with  a defib at all and if it works when is it that you use it.

ya I have one of those rocking around in my backpack,I have it just to trade it If I need stuff

Doesn't work in the stable servers yet, it has (as can be found in the changelog) been fixed in the experimental branch, so expect it to work in the stable servers by the end of this week.

• Like 1

Doesn't work in the stable servers yet, it has (as can be found in the changelog) been fixed in the experimental branch, so expect it to work in the stable servers by the end of this week.

cheers for the info.

I pick it up,carry it across the map, then drop it for ammo....

my char havent died on i think 4 days now. and ive carried it 3 out of those 4. and ive run cross country more then a few times lol so yeah i kinda now what you mean. its nice tho cause now i finaly got abit of space to pick up something for a buddy that might die and help him gear up abit faster,

You sure?

A clan-mate used a Defib on me last night when I was unconscious from a gunfight and it worked and I was no longer unconscious.

This was before experimental was even out.

All he had to do was put a battery in it from my flashlight.

Edited by Rrezz

You sure?

A clan-mate used a Defib on me last night when I was unconscious from a gunfight and it worked and I was no longer unconscious.

This was before experimental was even out.

All he had to do was put a battery in it from my flashlight.

Was based on personal experience and comments from people on this forum. Obviously, if you've succeeded, I'm not certain :P

Also wondering why Rocket would put it in the changelog if it already worked...

Was based on personal experience and comments from people on this forum. Obviously, if you've succeeded, I'm not certain :P

Also wondering why Rocket would put it in the changelog if it already worked...

The defib works atm on the normal servers like an epipen. It brings you back from unconsciousness but only as long as you are above a certain amount of blood. Saline does the same and fills up your blood (=100% success rate) so nobody really uses defibs or epipens.

It's most likely in the changelog because unconsciousness =| dead. We will see.

The defib should be used to jump start a heart, eg if you are dead.  You wouldn't defib an unconscious person in real life, you could kill him lol, so i don't think the defib works as intended in the stable release yet.

Please refer to Merino's Medical equipment guide.

So still like an epipen. Well that's okish i guess. Merino is doing great work, I'm subbed and have watched every video. Best source for medical infos.

Heyho, I'll try to clarify a bit. The patchnotes say "Players can now be revived with the defibrillator". But by "revived" they do not mean "bring back from death". So what has changed? The proper way of putting what they changed would have been "Defib now works as intended".

I know it's hard to tell and I was fooled by this for about two weeks myself, but the the defib was in fact not working so far. The code never reached the functional part that calls its "set shock value to 0" part. They only fixed this very line now, everything else is still untouched. It still played the animation and threw its text messages, but its effect was never applied to the target. It still very much looks like it does, but by now I showed with the help of two.. enthusiastic assistants that the cases in which it seemed that you came back from the defib were false positives and were in fact caused by the quickly fading (30/second) shock level dropping below your blood level, at which point you get back up.

Fact is, a defib can only work if you are in a situation from which you are able to come back on your own, bleeding not taken into account. Recovery can only last a maximum time of 4500/30 = 2,5 minutes and is in the vast majority of cases rather close to a maximum of 30-45 seconds, so it is very tempting to attibute the recovery to a defib having been used recently.

If you just punch someone (read: me) at full or close to full blood in the face until he passes out and then defib right away, it will often look like the defib did its job. However, if you take natural recovery from shock out of the equation by 1. dropping to 1000/5000 blood using four blood bags and 2. punching the person in the head repeatedly so natural recovery would take over 2 minutes (4000/30=133,3 seconds), the defib will not work at all. And in fact it never did - only in this case there was no way of a phantom recovery that could have been wrongly attributed to the defib.

Anyway, this should be in the past soon. Once the patch leaves the experimental stage the defib is probably going to work. To "revive people" - sorry, to "bring them back from unconsciousness as intended".

Edited by (TMW) Merino

The defib should be used to jump start a heart, eg if you are dead.  You wouldn't defib an unconscious person in real life, you could kill him lol, so i don't think the defib works as intended in the stable release yet.

Thats not right. A defib is used for stopping a beating heart with ventricular fibrillation (thats why the name deFIBRILLATOR) and after it for "restarting" the heart.

So a defib is not used on DEAD persons...thats just an imagination of hollywood.

Anyway i dont think so that there will ever be an item for reviving dead persons.

Thats not right. A defib is used for stopping a beating heart with ventricular fibrillation (thats why the name deFIBRILLATOR) and after it for "restarting" the heart.

So a defib is not used on DEAD persons...thats just an imagination of hollywood.

Anyway i dont think so that there will ever be an item for reviving dead persons.

maybe a fart after all that canned beans and spaghetti

Edited by taxi driver