Sign in to follow this  
Flixe (DayZ)

A Fix For Combatloggers and Server Hoppers (possibly?)

Rocket said that DayZ would be more of an MMO than it currently is.

A way to fix the server hopping and combat logging would be rather simple:

• 1 character pr. server
  • Maximum 5 characters total, spread on a maximum of 5 servers (Doesn't have to be 5 - can be whatever, but I think less = good)
  • Set a 30 second log-out timer, thus making it a task to log out, and perhaps not worth it (since you would be incapacitated for the duration of the countdown, making you vulnurable)
  • Set a 10 second Quit timer.
  • If a player Alt-F4's, his/her character stays in the world, standing up for 30 seconds, as to simulate the log-out timer.

And that's it, I think. Any comments?

No, Post in one of the many thread's already on this topic please.

This.

I also don't want to have one character per server.  I want the character I invest time into to be persistent on any server I join in the main hive. 

Also, use the freaking search function.  We do NOT need 100+ threads on the same issue per day.

• Like 4

The search function, USE IT. Rocket and his pals already are working on this, no need for you to make the one hundredth thread about the same issue.

Edited by AntonioAJC

I'm amazed that being the 5,235th thread, you sir are the very first person to suggest a combat logging solution that may work. A common technique employed by hundreds of other popular games.

Latest post from Dean:

''Work on queued login has begun. This is our combat logging/server hopping fix. Hope ton have more info soon, not a big task. #DayZDaily''

• Like 1

Guys, Dean has a solution since he planned the SA. If it would be soooo necessary then he would apply it already.

But its a Alpha and your character isn't woth anything because the Alpha isn't the official game.

This thread should be closed or merged with the bzillion others like it.

• Like 1

Latest post from Dean:

''Work on queued login has begun. This is our combat logging/server hopping fix. Hope ton have more info soon, not a big task. #DayZDaily''

Anyone have an idea what "queued login" could mean? Every solution thread I have seen mentioned doing something to logging out, not logging in.

we've been over this about 1000 times the best solution will be to make a person's character persist in the server for 60 seconds after disconnecting

Rocket said that DayZ would be more of an MMO than it currently is.

A way to fix the server hopping and combat logging would be rather simple:

• 1 character pr. server

And that's it, I think. Any comments?

No thanks. Thats the all appeal for me to DayZ. One Life on all server. Just ONE. Survive!

I find it quite curious that you take time out of your day to tell me how irrelevant my post is. Honestly. 

I find it quite curious that you take don't take time out of your day to tell me how irrelevant my post is use the search function. Honestly.

I wanted to try and learn more about what exactly a login que is and how it could benefit this game. What I found were more complaints for other games like this...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950873-/60904030

And. This

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8181889511

I'm beginning to wonder if login ques are going to cause more problems than good.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

I wanted to try and learn more about what exactly a login que is and how it could benefit thus game. What I found were more complaints for other games like this...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950873-/60904030

And. This

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8181889511

I'm beginning to wonder if login ques are going to cause more problems than good.

Dear god, that sounds pretty bad.

Still not sure why people logging in should be punished because of people logging out. It will fix ghosting, yes, but not combat logging. The combat loggers has had time in the game and has had their fun, and they can still log out when in trouble. They don't necessarily feel the need to log in again.

A log out timer seems a lot more appropriate for this particular kind of problem.

• Like 1

Yes, I have a comment: Thread closed.  If you want to post suggestions, then put them in the Suggestions Forum please.  This will cut back on the number of complaints we get about things not being in the right forum.  Thanks.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1