Sign in to follow this  
Miquinei

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" DayZ

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

Do you think this quote can be applied to DayZ? 

Edited by Miquinei
  • Like 3

Depends of what you define as hero.

Most people define hero as an idiot who goes around saying "friendly" and gets shot in the face.

• Like 2

Definitely true. Once you're geared up ("living long enough"), becoming evil is 1 of the 2 options currently available for end game

In a lot of cases, yes. But I at least try to become a good sported villain. If I want to start with a new character I'll go somewhere I know there are likely to be hostiles and pit my wits against them until I lose.

Nah...

No heroes nor villains in this story. Just survivors and victims.

In a more lore style...

"What do you mean bringing order to chaos ??? Are you a Hero of sorts ?", the bartender suddenly shouts laughing betweens coughs...

"No man, it means surviving the chaos in good order. We all die sooner or later." - the stranger replied as he finished the White Z, a cocktail of powder milk and disinfectant, quite common in the north hubs these days.

• Like 1

Or you live long enough to see others become villains. You could join them, or you could assist their victims, strike them down when they reach out in desperation with cold intentions.

Become not the villain, but their nemesis.

Yes.

Sorta

You start as a hero, bandit, or survivor.

If you are hero, the more good deeds you die, the more likely you die.

When you get geared up, even as hero, it will turn you evil.

Or you live long enough to see others become villains. You could join them, or you could assist their victims, strike them down when they reach out in desperation with cold intentions.

Become not the villain, but their nemesis.

With no humanity system or hero/bandit/survivors skins, you will just end up helping villians to not be killed by other villians lol.

PS.

Unless in your mind newspawns are pure and innocent 'victims'...

Edited by Frosti

With no humanity system or hero/bandit/survivors skins, you will just end up helping villians to not be killed by other villians lol.

Live, watch, observe. For when you do not fire the first shot, you can always react with judgement. Be the judgment wise, educated or wrong?

Well, that is up to you.

The question is how you react to a request for aid. It might be a trap, but down that path lies sociopathy.

Give trust freely, for all things reveal their true nature when trusted. Especially when that trust is underserved. Respect, however, is earned.

it depends entirely on your personality, not on the game.

Nice response. Thanks

What about..

"You either die a villain or live long enough see yourself starve to death because you can only find rotten kiwi". 

I have no idea where I got it from but I guess it applies to DayZ when you're a newcomer :D

Yes it can. Because I tried to be the nice guy and just play survival style. But every time I come apon another player I wave to show I'm friendly and then get gunned down for no reason. So now f*** you all I'm the villain now.

"You can only trust two things on Z'land... One, that death is certain. Second, what way you want to go down." - that old man said as he took another drink from the water pump. I swear he looked like he had 100 spawns'old already. He waved friendly and took off into the woods singing some words about humming birds.

Damn it all if I was going to starve, but what really scared me the most was to die alone and forgotten in some far away hilltop or dark wood.

My mind kept revolving around it as i walked carelessly and mindlessly following the railroad. I could see a big settlement in the distance. Structures all along the coast and gigantic cranes hung like skeletons

... how will I die this time ? Damn if I knew.

Depends of what you define as hero.

Most people define hero as an idiot who goes around saying "friendly" and gets shot in the face.

Yep, pretty much sums up the game.