Sign in to follow this  
dickflip

A few ideas

List of things that I feel this game needs either implemented or changed;

HOSTAGES

When you have been handcuffed you have 3 options;

- Wriggle out until you're free

- Wait until your captor lets you go/kills you

- Log out and kill yourself (which leads to you losing all your gear)

When you become restrained people just fuck with you until you die from bleach poisoning, throwing up all your insides or your captors just become bored and end you.

To deal with the torment, people just log out and kill themselves. The 'insta-death' solution to captivity-loggers doesn't work at all, as the whole point of it is to keep restrained players restrained, and many players would rather lose all their gear than be tortured.

This kind of defeats the point of being able to take hostages. Whats the point of taking the risk to get close to another player (a possible threat) and handcuff them if they're just not going to give two fucks otherwise and log off immediately. It would be quicker and a lot safer just to shoot them. Plus, if you're a Hero restraining bandits, it gives them a faster way of breaking free.

I propose perma-captivityThis means that a player stays restrained until they either break free of the restraints themselves, or are executed. Logging out causes a players character to stay in the game until they are freed or killed. At this time, captors can do whatever they want to a captives character: Move them, transport them, loot them, kill them, it doesn't matter. Server hopping should definitely be removed for this to work effectively, and while I don't mind server hopping too much, I despise players who escape my restraints by logging out.

Players want a hardcore, post-apocalyptic, zombie survival FPS - this is a mechanic to suit.

This should be implemented if player housing is going to be a thing. Slave dungeons and bandit prisons, I'm all up for. My outfit and I used to play Origins, and everyone knows that if you have a decent group of players, or if you put enough effort into making a house, you aren't going to leave that server any time soon. This removes the detachment that people have for their current DayZ survivors, as they are more inclined to care about the effort that they went through for attaining materials and crafting recipes for the houses. Simply switching server would give you a brand new character, which reiterates the 'logging out and starting fresh' approach to escaping the bonds. But that player also has a house that isn't on this new server, their own personalised abode is no longer with them, and they'll have to go through all that effort to start anew.

FIRING FROM VEHICLES

Should definitely be a thing. Sure it seems OP if you have a group of 6 guys packed into the 4 seater Hilux with two in the tray. But of course you'd have the balancing effect of rough terrain and inertia throwing off a players aim similar to (or even greater than) the way strafing does.

Three extra points; an occupant can only have a specific firing angle from inside the car. They're more protected sure, but it's limited to an open window. They can open passenger windows or the windscreens (front and back) by shooting it out which will give them a greater firing angle, but also reduce their protection, and create the chance for them to actually damage the car from the inside out. 

Having the ability to create damage to the hull of the car by an occupants inability to analyse his firing angle or judge the terrain a driver is traversing will have a negative effect on the vehicle, thus creating another thing to be cautious of. Shooting to break windows open will require new windscreen parts to be attached.

To negate the above two effects, a passenger can 'turn out' and be exposed to a greater range of enemy fire, but also extend their firing angle simultaneously. Their aim is still affected by inertia etc. and will still be able to shoot the vehicle they're in by accident, and even have the chance to kill another passenger who also decides to turn out.

A driver should have the ability to fire a weapon, but only as small as a PDW or similar sidearm with a highly limited focus on either firing angles, or multi-tasking (i.e. have a limited amount of car control while leaning out of the vehicle etc).

BURIED CACHES & PUMP SHOTTY

I've heard something about buried stashes being implemented, but do not know much on the details so I'm proposing how I feel they should behave. Once again, a DayZ Origins story, but we collected a few of those weapon crate/lockbox things and scattered them around the map, filling them with random but useful gear that we may have needed to utilise in a time of crises. One gripe we had about them was that they were too obvious, and stuff would sometimes go missing even though we dumped a large amount of thought into placing them and concealing them. 

I wish for these same types of lockboxes, that can be placed both above ground and buried. While buried, the ground would look disturbed on top of their location, but would work as concealment enough that a player would not recognise it if they weren't particularly searching for them.

Last but not least: please add the Mossberg or 870, pretty pleeeeeaaassseee??

I've always liked the pump action shotty in many of my zombie games, but DayZ was the only game in which I've never been fond of them. Why? Because you NeverRackedTheSlide.

It's probably the most badass thing about the pump action shotty. Not only that, but it's probably viewed as the number one zombie fighting weapon.

It was the same problem with Lee Enfields and Mosins that were used in the mods. They felt so awkward to use, even though the round from them almost always killed you, and if it didn't it knocked you out.

Now that the bolt action rifles have the bolt pulling animation, I feel like a fucking pro using them, and there's the placebo effect of the gun feeling so much more solid.

So please, if you give me at least one of my pump shotty's with an awesome pump animation, I will rack off to this game for the rest of my life. cwutididthar

• Like 1

Only first of your points has sense. Second one was talked about already (use search function). Third one is obvious to be implemented. This game is still alpha so shotguns will be added later on.