Sign in to follow this  
Alloy (DayZ)

A list of ideas

8 members have voted

1. 1. Of the ideas listed, is your view overall positive or negative

• Positive
    • Negative
    • The cake is a lie

• Optional simple control scheme (Shift for running & crouch is toggable through Ctrl)

You can apply pressure to flesh wounds with your hands (you can also stop the wound from opening by crouching/proning and not moving)

You should have a natural immunity towards food poisoning and occasionally contract a life threatining one.

Break cans open by rubbing them on an abrasive surface (perhaps possible by detecting what textures the player is around)

You can eat grass but it can induce bad health (not the ideal nutrious food that people would want)

Rather than immediently becoming unconcious, you can tap a key to stay awake (if this continues for an extensive amount of time the player will lower himself to the ground)

If a zombie is attacked in the legs they'll kneel to the ground

You can throw blood transfusion packs at zombies to mislead them, or get zombies to attack other zombies (if it splatters)

You should be able to survive for much longer periods without food (at least 3 days) during this period, you are more prone to sickness, have decreased stamina duration, and decreased accuracy with guns( perhaps more sway )

Zombies will follow fresh blood trails

Zomibies have their own deterioration times (during this time they lose the ability sprint and hit as fast until they die by detioration.\

Flare guns with multipe colored flares

More character sounds usch as grumbling (these should be sounds that don't interrupt the players dialog, yelling ow and other such sounds would be awkward while the player talks)

Zombies should build up around a house that has it's door(s) closed (this should allow for more survival situations and it wont be cheap unless loot spawns while the player is in there)

• Like 1

Tl;dr make everything as easy as possible

Keep everything unnecessarily hard? You eat a rotten kiwi and in thirty minutes your dead.

Some good ideas. but I don't think eating grass is ever okay (unless you had a goat attribute), there are a few flowers you can eat I think. I think using blood bags as bait is a really interesting idea. What do you mean by natural immunity to food poisoning like a random attribute like the blood types.

I think it would be interesting having more random things that you could have after respawn besides blood type. Imagine re spawning and realizing that your character is missing a eye.or one or two fingers. I liked the slight loss of screen in MGS3 when you lost your eye.

Some good ideas. but I don't think eating grass is ever okay (unless you had a goat attribute), there are a few flowers you can eat I think. I think using blood bags as bait is a really interesting idea. What do you mean by natural immunity to food poisoning like a random attribute like the blood types.

I think it would be interesting having more random things that you could have after respawn besides blood type. Imagine re spawning and realizing that your character is missing a eye.or one or two fingers. I liked the slight loss of screen in MGS3 when you lost your eye.

What I mean by natural immunity is your ability to recover on your own (without the need of other supplys).

Edited by Alloy

Yeah I see, it makes sense I have had mild food poisoning I threw up a lot and felt sick for awhile but I didn't really take anything. So they could give it more stages, the 1st few would be food&water penalty and a bad aim penalty and the worse stages could cause death.

the tapping idea is cool but macros are so easy to do with most keyboards and mouses coming with the feature these days.

I like the throwing the blood bag idea, and bleeding attracts more zombies.

• You should be able to survive for much longer periods without food (at least 3 days) during this period, you are more prone to sickness, have decreased stamina duration, and decreased accuracy with guns( perhaps more sway )

It is my understanding that food is already a massive resource and should last for instance. Your stomach can hold say 4 litres of content, and takes time to process. Your body can hold 4 litres of water, so once you hit say only 1.5 L you start to feel thirty the lower it goes the closer to death you are, its quite a small buffer but is somewhat realistic (your always looking for the stuff). With food you can hold up to 20,000 calories which is huge, but you cannot simply fill this with just one full stomach of food, doing it multiple times will build up the reserve. It is also to my knowledge that how you travel effects what rate these decrease such as running vs walking or travelling a lot verses camping one small area

here is a pretty good guide, of course all subject to change...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213968547

its quite a in depth system that has a lot of hidden stuff that can only be observed for now (theory), and certain things are not even implemented fully yet like sickness and so forth. food and drink levels also effect blood regen and health which are also tied together, Its a very cool system imo and I am glad they spent the time on it.

edit: these figures for stomach and food levels are wrong and are simply used as a example to illustrate the point. also remember you spawn thirsty and almost hungry so it takes quite a bit to build it up.

Edited by Jimbo_au
  • Like 1

Yeah the tapping sounds interesting but it could be abused, I like the idea of keeping preasure on your wound when crouched and not moving Metal Gear style.

• Like 1