Sign in to follow this  
NapalmSunrise

DayZ SA Desync fix

Ok when the patch on the 8th came out it made the game pretty much unplayable for me when I would get in the area of any players let alone my group 1000000 desync and couldn't move or use anything in my inventory arm myself with a weapon open doors ect... I tried everything as far as tweaking my network settings,adding the game to an exclusion to my antivirus,disabling it as well. So yesterday afternoon I decided to just uninstall my av which is Eset nod 32  and BAM !!. The game runs flawless, I will desync when getting near other ppl and my group but it's right back to 0 in 3-5 seconds. Now on the performance end doing this helped a great deal as well and it is mostly noticed when going through cities, no more shutter game runs smooth and flawless after about 12 hours now. To those of you at wits end who are getting stuck with this issue like I was this might help you . Good luck and im off to see if I can get a refund for my eset now, lol..

This might resolve desync for solo players, but does not resolve players that have friends on steam and in the same server.

Every desync I have come across comes from some kind of item or container in my friends backpack.

This has been tested countless times for people who play with friends and use steam to find them on a server.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4507

Same. My desync is 100000 the moment I join. I can't see anyone. I'm waiting for a fix.

Edit: Ping is 30-90

Edited by Bensticles

I play with a group of 6-8 at any given time, we tried the same not carrying the yellow protected case, ammo box or any damaged gear and we would still get the 100000 desync. Yes we are all friends on steam and have been for a few good years now. Granted I was pretty much the only getting this issue some of them would from time to time but for me it was constant. The only thing that has worked was uninstalling my eset nod 32 and game runs like a dream. This is 10+ hours .