Sign in to follow this  
Kysman (DayZ)

Damaged stuff

Hi guys, I don't know if it was here before, but I really need to ask. Can damaged cans, or some other food harm you? Like if I find Damaged Sardines, can I be sick from it?

And does it have some effect on medicine, clothes and weapons? (like on damage, durability or accuracy????) 

Thx guys for respond.  ;)

I've eaten lots of stuff from damaged and ruined cans. I've not noticed any side effects yet. So I would say no you wont get sick...yet.

This may change in later versions/builds though.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

Currently theres no harmful effects from eating damaged food.

Damage does effect clothing, pristine will protect you more.

Weapon attachments, some sights will appear cracked if damaged and ruined items can't be equiped.

Magazines and ammo can also not be used if ruined.

Plus a few other items.

• Like 1

Just stay away from rotten fruit. But damaged cans are no issues. I haven't had any issues with damaged bandages either.

Ruined weapons such as knives, screwdrivers and the like can still be used to open up cans with.

• Like 1

I have yet to find a magazine or ammo that was listed as anything other than pristine. Also, does anyone know when they plan to implement the conditions legitimately? When will guns get a condition status?

Just stay away from rotten fruit. But damaged cans are no issues. I haven't had any issues with damaged bandages either.

Ruined weapons such as knives, screwdrivers and the like can still be used to open up cans with.

I once eat Pristine Rotten Kiwi...bad idea :D