Sign in to follow this  
Nailer (DayZ)

Spawn campers

Literally saw a clan of 5 or 6 camping Kamy up on the cliffs just mowing down fresh spawns. How do they find that fun? I mean I don't mind it cause I just been logging my guy out up in the woods near there and checking for people spawn killing. But just don't see how they have fun doing shit like that. 

Edit: Clan tag is [AoDZ]. So if you see a bunch of them in the server you will know where some easy kills are cause they are poor shots. 

Edited by Nailer

Literally saw a clan of 5 or 6 camping Kamy up on the cliffs just mowing down fresh spawns. How do they find that fun? I mean I don't mind it cause I just been logging my guy out up in the woods near there and checking for people spawn killing. But just don't see how they have fun doing shit like that. 

Edit: Clan tag is [AoDZ]. So if you see a bunch of them in the server you will know where some easy kills are cause they are poor shots. 

They probably do it because they ARE poor shots lol.. What else could they hit besides something that's not fighting back.

Edited by Flight96

There is no humanity system. And when there is no bandit skins, everyone is a bandit.

What makes newspawn pure and innocent? Who is a newspawn? A guy who died. How you mostly die? By going to hot pvp zones.

So those "new spawn campers" are Paladins punishing people for not playing survival game but doing pvp and killing/trying to kill other players.

There is no humanity system. And when there is no bandit skins, everyone is a bandit.

What makes newspawn pure and innocent? Who is a newspawn? A guy who died. How you mostly die? By going to hot pvp zones.

So those "new spawn campers" are Paladins punishing people for not playing survival game but doing pvp and killing/trying to kill other players.

No. What it is, is BULLSHIT.

Im all for pvp. Im all for KoS.

But killing a player the moment he appears in game, before he even has a chance to grab any items, is greifing.

• Like 3

If you really are new to the game, spawn camping can help you learn how to shoot.

Easy target practice without the risk of loosing your gun that quickly (if you change your location frequently, which is another crucial part to learn).

This game is about survival, not about honor.

Edit:

But killing a player the moment he appears in game, before he even has a chance to grab any items, is greifing.

I am not talking about this, but camping spawn locations like Solnichniy or Kamishovo
Edited by Baarn

i agree.. how good can it make you feel to kill someone who's unarmed with zero items .. not to mention , it takes half of these guys an entire clip to kill ya when u spawn in an open field.. they are pure skill, lemme tell ya . 

If you really are new to the game, spawn camping can help you learn how to shoot.

Easy target practice without the risk of loosing your gun that quickly (if you change your location frequently, which is another crucial part to learn).

This game is about survival, not about honor.

Edit:

I am not talking about this, but camping spawn locations like Solnichniy or Kamishovo

how is what you are saying any different?

Do you have a personal rule, establishing that players walk a minimum of 100 feet after spawning before you shoot them?

Who really fuckin' cares? Newspawns have nothing to lose. Doesn't bother me if I get spawn camped.

how is what you are saying any different?

Do you have a personal rule, establishing that players walk a minimum of 100 feet after spawning before you shoot them?

Just because I play devils advocate don't assume that I do it (I have done, but don't do it any more).

Basically, if you are confident that you will actually hit your target, you can stop doing it and move on to targets that are more likely to carry something you might need.

DayZ was the first shooter I played in a long time, the last realistic shooter I played was Operation Flashpoint. People who played the mod are probably used to the different factors you have to take into concern. And you could train shooting playing custom maps in Arma2 (which I don't own either) to learn how weapons behave in the mod.

There are no moving targets in game (perpendicular to your location, a zombie that runs towards you isn't really a challenge). Of course you could ask a friend to kite some zombies for you... but honestly that is a pretty dumb idea and will probably get your friend killed by another sniper.

Edited by Baarn