Sign in to follow this  
over9000nukez

character random reset

so in the standalone, this is at least the 15th+ time I've gotten reset, and with max gear, so it just adds to the frustration, I get that its in alpha, but then again, it kind of puts a really mad, angry feeling when I see myself just standing on the coast after like a 5-10 hour life.

I'm not whining, or complaining, I'm just saying that it its a real pain in the ass, and if I could suggest what to fix next, it would be the character random reset. also, im interested why it happens, in the database and all.

so in the standalone, this is at least the 15th+ time I've gotten reset, and with max gear, so it just adds to the frustration, I get that its in alpha, but then again, it kind of puts a really mad, angry feeling when I see myself just standing on the coast after like a 5-10 hour life.

I'm not whining, or complaining, I'm just saying that it its a real pain in the ass, and if I could suggest what to fix next, it would be the character random reset. also, im interested why it happens, in the database and all.

I had an m4, a mosin (in my hands), a .357, two ammo boxes, three storage containers, two full maps, a full med kit, food, water, pristine military gear, four can openers (!), and was just weirdly reset in the same place where I was (west of Gorka) in my underwear with an M4 but nothing else. No ammo, no attachments, nothing. We'll live. Or not. And live again. Or not. Alpha.

Then what are you doing if not whining and complaining and wasting people's time?

It's because you sever hop without looking at the correct version of the server you're joining

I was just wondering what the community thinks :P

This member of the community thinks that maybe there should have been a giant warning at the top of the page when you bought the stand alone.  And he also thinks that maybe the DayZ Standalone and DayZ Mod forums should be more clearly marked as separate.