Sign in to follow this  
Fene88

Quiet In-game Voice Chat

Hi guys, I seem to be having an issue in-game when trying to communicate using the direct communication (Caps lock).. My friends can hear me but say that for some reason my voice is really quiet so it can be hard to understand what i'm saying.

I've tested my mic thoroughly through skype, ventrilo and the windows sound wizard and its totally fine, clear and loud! I noticed there is a slider on the audio options in-game to increase the input sound and its set to max but doesn't seem to make any difference. 

If anyone is or has experienced this and possibly knows of a solution please let me know.. I'm having to type to people in-game because they won't be able to hear me otherwise and typing can definately get you killed :)

Thanks, Fene.

Try going to your sound setting and turning up the pre-amp (i think thats what it's called) I had to do that to be heard.

• Like 1

Try going to your sound setting and turning up the pre-amp (i think thats what it's called) I had to do that to be heard.

Hi there thanks for the reply! 

Could you give me a little more info please as i'm not entirely sure what you mean? The sound settings in-game or do you mean through control panel etc..?

You can also turn on the mic boost option to make your mic more sensitive. Maybe this is what WindowLicker meant by preamp.

Basically goto control panel via your start bar, then hardware and sound. Once this windows opens up, you will see the sound tab with 3 options under it.

Click manage audio devices, once this window opens up click the recording tab.

Highlight/select your microphone then click properties. Once this final window opens up click the levels tab. In there your microphone level or sensitivity can be adjusted. This is for windows 7, but will probably be pretty similar in older/newer OS.

You should also be able to get to the same menu in control panel by right mouse clicking on your little speaker icon next to the clock on the task bar and selecting "recording devices"

I would also say check your input volume is set to full, in the audio menu inside DayZ, but you have done that already.

Hope this helps.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

You can also turn on the mic boost option to make your mic more sensitive. Maybe this is what WindowLicker meant by preamp.

Basically goto control panel via your start bar, then hardware and sound. Once this windows opens up, you will see the sound tab with 3 options under it.

Click manage audio devices, once this window opens up click the recording tab.

Highlight/select your microphone then click properties. Once this final window opens up click the levels tab. In there your microphone level or sensitivity can be adjusted. This is for windows 7, but will probably be pretty similar in older/newer OS.

You should also be able to get to the same menu in control panel by right mouse clicking on your little speaker icon next to the clock on the task bar and selecting "recording devices"

I would also say check your input volume is set to full, in the audio menu inside DayZ, but you have done that already.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate just checked out the settings and the microphone level is set to 100%. It only seems to be quiet in actual DayZ even though the input setting is also maxed out! Using my mic anywhere else like Skype, Vent etc its super loud, too loud even lol. Just doesn't quite make sense that its so quiet in DayZ, even when standing next to people! Not meant as any sort of promotion but I tried out Rust last night for the first time and people could hear me in-game absolutely fine... Very odd :S

Edited by Fene88

Very strange, I hope you get it sorted. Sorry my suggestion didn't fix it for you.

Is the VON slider up full to in your DayZ audio options? VON is voice over network by the way, incase you didn't know.

This is all I can suggest. I am not sure if this affects the volume levels of direct though, I think it just affects other peoples volume not your own...but I could be wrong.

Very strange, I hope you get it sorted. Sorry my suggestion didn't fix it for you.

Is the VON slider up full to in your DayZ audio options? VON is voice over network by the way, incase you didn't know.

This is all I can suggest. I am not sure if this affects the volume levels of direct though, I think it just affects other peoples volume not your own...but I could be wrong.

Ah ok I shall give it a shot.. Thanks for your suggestions :)

No problem man, just trying to help. I can appreciate it must be frustrating for you...when all you want to do is play with your mates.

Yes GeordieMarv that's exactly what I ment, beans

Also ensure that your Microphone is the default input device, open sound recorder and try recording something and/or call the skype testing service and see if you can hear when it plays back.