Sign in to follow this  
americanman1243@yahoo.com

Spawn inland!

The two biggest cities are on the shore and we spawn right next to them.

How about spawning us inland a bit, or even fully north? It would put a near end to shore griefers and give people new perspective on the mass of land.

I've put about 50 hours into this game and I've hardly been more than a few miles north of Elektro. That isn't because I couldn't get further north (thats actually easy, just incredibly time consuming), but because there's hardly a reason to.

Running through the same areas 500 times because you died is pretty dull after a while.

If the spawn locations were changed, it wouldn't solve spawn griefing. It would simply make spawn griefing occur at the new location.

So the sense here is "Spawn then run north for 45 minutes".

Fun.

Edit:

If the spawn locations were changed' date=' it wouldn't solve spawn griefing. It would simply make spawn griefing occur at the new location.

[/quote']

I'm suggesting more spawn possibilities here. Not just different ones.

I agree, running north after dying multiple times can get old.

Solution: learn to be extra careful and stealthy, lower your death rate.

No matter what happens, Chernarus is a massive map. Some running is bound to be involved at some point.

Keep spawns as they are, I have yet to die during spawning cause I know to go inland right away.

I get where you're coming from, but I just don't like the idea of one person spawning at Kamenka and another person spawning near the NW Airfield, etc.

Rocket said awhile back that the coastal spawns were necessary due to an engine limitation of some kind. Sorry, I don't recall the specifics but that is why it's set up how it is.

You guys really don't want to spawn inland. There isn't really anything of interest inland besides a few areas which are populated by bandits. When you die you get to spawn close to where a great concentration of loot is at (ie. Chern or Elektro). If the spawns were changed (if they could be that is) then people would start complaining that they have no clue where they are and would search aimlessly for a place to find supplies, only to die of starvation because they couldn't find anything to eat or drink (remember we don't spawn with beans or water anymore).

With that said that also brings up the fact that we don't spawn with compasses or maps. The only way to find towns inland is to either follow a road or the power lines (both of which can expose you pretty bad unless you stay off into the trees). At least when you spawn on the coast you are able to navigate easily enough.

So you know with the latest character I have I spawned in Cherno, went to Elektro then up to Brez then finally up to black lake and the airstrip. I thought I had a knife to collect meat along the way but for some reason it vanished. I wasted all my food and drink scouting nearby towns for supplies and I NEVER found a single knife or bit of food/drink. So now I'm returning to Brez in hopes to find food/drink before I die of starvation/thirst and hopefully a knife so I can remain far away from the cities.

You really only want to avoid cities when you have all your gear. Generally when I die I run to a city grab everything that I need to survive in the wild then run for my life out of there.

Ii think one of the overlooked advantages spawning on the beaches gives, is a sense of direction. With the starting resources being so limited as is, at least one can use memory or even a googled map online to find out were you are and were you would like to head.

Can you imagine the frustration of spawning, being told you are near Bor, and thtas it??.... Wandering the forest, trees everywhere, not the foggiest clue where you are going? At least with the beaches you can assume whih direction is North, and plan your journey form there..

But i do agree though that some more variation in the spawns needs to be looked at, cause I've only had the game for 5 days and i pretty much know kamenka, komarovo, and Prigorodkyn like the back of my hand!