Sign in to follow this  
samzala

Walking the plank at NE airfield ATC

Old character randomly died so off to a fresh start; went north on the eastern side of the map, finding loot in towns as I went along. Stumbled into a group of three survivors in Polana (love the changes in SA to that town). Got an M4 in the shipwreck north of Berezino, friend donated a 10 round mag and seven rounds for it. He quit playing and I carried on toward NE airfield.

I'm usually pretty paranoid about everything I hear and see. While I'm scoping out the airfield from the safety of a bush I hear footsteps behind me and freak out but can't find anyone. So this is what the guards in all Metal Gear Solid games feel like, "must be my imagination". Proceed to creep up to first police station at the western end of airfield, doors are open and it's been cleaned of loot. Okay maybe they didn't bother searching the hangars.

When I'm at the far end of the first hangar someone runs in shouting "Don't shoot!" over voip, scaring the hell out of me. I'm not exactly overburdened with ammo so let's see what this guy wants. Tell him to stop at a safe distance and oddly enough he does. First random player in an airfield who doesn't shoot me on sight! What's up? "Can you kill me? I want you to kill me."

So he runs in shouting don't shoot but then starts asking me to kill him? Trap sense is tingling so hard. He proceeds to tell me his character has been alive for two weeks, is fully geared and he wants to die just because he's bored. Says he was following me from the bushes (so I wasn't just being paranoid). Alright this guy has had plenty chance to kill me or try to subdue me by now, let's play along. He gives me a better magazine and ammo for it to do the job but rather than just kill him then and there I ask him to tag along to search the rest of the airfield first. Found a magpul handguard in the second hangar, proceed towards ATC tower.

Dude wants to die? I shall oblige, but rather than just shoot him I come up with a better idea. We go to the third floor of the tower and I put handcuffs on him. Yeah you know what's coming already because of the thread title. Time to walk the plank, let's do this pirate style (shame blindfolding isn't in the game yet)!

JyHYFqb.jpg

My response to his last words wasn't very fitting though.

Godspeed Envenate, that was one of the more memorable DayZ moments I have had.

• Like 1

"Live long and ..." Wait. "Live ..." "Prosper?"

"Aw fuck it. See ya. Or not."

• Like 1