Sign in to follow this  
gnaisse

Version req

So recent i bought dayz mod (arma2 and AO)

Problems:

:| :|

1º after fresh install arma2/AO/dayz mod, click play and Erro

(Addon 'dayz_admin' requires addon CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E)

No idea what is this (already fix the Bad key setup msg that don't let me start the game)

So te game starts now after i close the CA msg (nice)

2º (ok, now i have no idea what is this)

Start game->multiplayer->connect

Got msg (Bad version, server kick or some) after this the required version change to 1.62.10xxxx

at the start i see version 1.62 and required version 1.62 after try connection it requires ^that version

i have dayz SA instaled and working fine never have this kind of problem ofc its a difrent game ;)

If anyone can help the bambi :D

You need to install the beta patch for arma, http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.zip

if you get an error while installing just ignore it, then restart arma 2 and arma 2 OA, just need to go into the main menu then exit once to make sure they are installed correctly.

and you should be good to go.

Its also recommended to use a third party updater such as daycommander or playwithsix as they make the keeping track of favorite servers and the various mods much easier.

You need to install the beta patch for arma, http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.zip

if you get an error while installing just ignore it, then restart arma 2 and arma 2 OA, just need to go into the main menu then exit once to make sure they are installed correctly.

and you should be good to go.

Its also recommended to use a third party updater such as daycommander or playwithsix as they make the keeping track of favorite servers and the various mods much easier.

thx im going to try to get it run and after that im going to look for dayz commander :)

keep doing the same problme :( Bad version when i try to login in the server, any server)

p.s. i have the AO beta instaled

hmm, still looks like the beta patch isnt installing correctly.

Did you install dayzmod and the beta patch using steam? if so i'd suggest uninstalling both then verify the game cache for arma 2 and OA

Then download dayzcommander http://www.dayzcommander.com/  and install the beta and dayz using that.

one thing thats easy to miss, when you install the beta patch you have to click ok or complete to finish the process, problem is the window for that usually hides behind any other windows you might have open so thats worth checking for.

Also the server lists for dayz are a bit of a mess as all the different mods of the mod get listed all together so its very easy to try to join the wrong type of server, again dayzcommander helps with this as it has much better filter options than the default server browser.

let me know how you get on

• Like 1

yes i instal all via steam going to try than uninstal and instal via commander than

hmm, still looks like the beta patch isnt installing correctly.

Did you install dayzmod and the beta patch using steam? if so i'd suggest uninstalling both then verify the game cache for arma 2 and OA

Then download dayzcommander http://www.dayzcommander.com/  and install the beta and dayz using that.

one thing thats easy to miss, when you install the beta patch you have to click ok or complete to finish the process, problem is the window for that usually hides behind any other windows you might have open so thats worth checking for.

Also the server lists for dayz are a bit of a mess as all the different mods of the mod get listed all together so its very easy to try to join the wrong type of server, again dayzcommander helps with this as it has much better filter options than the default server browser.

let me know how you get on

need help with the commander it says that can't find arma2 on my files

i manage to put the directory in the settings its already found arma2 (out of date) try to install error wrong cd-key

Should be ok to just ignore the wrong cd key error, i get it all the time and never have issues

i dont see dayz mod and AO beta instaled in steam is it normal?

the AO directory in commander is the normal or the beta directory?

Edited by Gnaisse

Yeah thats fine, they'll only show up on steam if you install them through steam.

just 1 more thing what modes i need to download in the install/update list?

Ah, the ultimate question, heres a good post giving a brief description of most of them http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/109569-index-of-dayz-community-mapsmods/

Personally i prefer to keep it simple with standard DayZ or if you prefer things a bit more hardcore DayZ Despair, though despair isnt on dayzcommander sadly.

It really depends what you're after, some are more focused on pvp, some survival and some more on building/hoarding.

one problem with many of the mods is that they try to cram too much in which can severly effect performance without really adding much to the game.

Edited by Fluxley