Ashidan

Battleye initialization failed.

Alright, so i bought DayZ (standalone) yesterday, installed it, and apparently i can't connect to ANY server. Because every time i try to, i get a cute little "Battleye initialization failed" after i accept the license agreement and the game tries to connect me to a server. 

I've scoured the forums and the internet in general in search for a fix for this, to no avail. Just found some dead threads in the support section with no fix or answer from anyone. I've re installed DayZ, set it as admin, compatibility mode, installed battleye manually (the file from the battleye website), verified DayZ integrity, tried turning off both my firewall and my antivirus...but, no luck.

Can someone help? Would really love to be able to play DayZ... or get some sort of reply from technical support. Thank you in advance.

Yeah, no, i've tried that aswell. And turning off the firewall. =/ Thnx anyways

Then you could try this:

Edited by TSAndrey

DayZ Standalone and Arma II: DayZ Mod are two diferent things... And DayZ's steam folder has no BEsetup. It just has BattlEye. Soooo yeah... 

"installed battleye manually (the file from the battleye website)" -sigh- It'd be great if people could read my post fully. Thnx anyway.

I had this problem, and managed to fix it, BattlEye requires full administrator privileges through all of your OS, So it can detect any underlying hack programs you could have running hidden in the background.

The problem you are having could be that, if it is I suggest right clicking the BE.Client.dll file and going to Properties and then giving full control to your user profile.

"The problem you are having could be that, if it is I suggest right clicking the BE.Client.dll file and going to Properties and then giving full control to your user profile." And how do i go about doing that? I've gone to properties but the permissions are kinda, hard to understand.

Ok, so your in properties, go to the security tab and change the permissions for that file to have admin rights on all profiles. You do this by clicking edit and ticking allow full control privileges of that file. Apply these settings and see what happens, if that persists still not to work try creating a brand new user profile on your PC with admin privileges and then run steam from the program directory as Administrator and launch DayZ.

Report back if that works, that's how I fixed mine.

(Sorry my troubleshooting skills aren't very good haha)

Edited by Reaperz67

That fixed it for me! =D Omg thank you so much. So apparently one of my profiles on the Battleye.dll didn't have "Full control" in the permissions, and altering that fixed it. I can now connect to any server without an issue. Thank you so Reaperz67, and everyone that has tried to help. I'll leave the thread open so other people with the same issue might look for help here. See you in DayZ.

If this really fixed it, I suggest mods make the fix sticky! I'm sure there are more people that have this problem

i was forunate enough to actually still constantly get the error yet no longer freeze up and im good too go, my method was to reinstall dayz, set admin privalges to steam and dayz and then restart my pc. also manually updated battleye.

edit: also gave BEclient.dll permissions to change profile.

Edited by ethantokes

EDIT: My apologies!! We overlooked creating a new administrator user account on his OS. It... worked... so weird. Any way to isolate what causes that conflict ? What a hassle! Oh well, at least we can play now :D

Hi everyone,

I convinced my friend to join me in DayZ but he unfortunately had the same issue as the OP in this thread.

Even worse, none of these fixes have worked for him. He has had a similar issue with punkbuster for BF4 and oddly, Skyrim won't startup on his computer either. 

Is there anything else that could help? 

I feel so bad for him, I'm trying desperately to get anything that could help.

Much thanks,

Edited by SIRTOSA

I recently had this problem and fixed this by disabling "System Center Endpoint Security". Basically a really bad, pre-installed (for my laptop) annoyance, and this program has done similar things before.