Sign in to follow this  
gummygum173

My list of suggestions... (updating)

Hey, first, Id like to say that I DO NOT expect the features listed here to appear in the game in Alpha, Beta, Full release, or ever.

Also, those features might have been already suggested/confirmed, but my ideas might be slightly better, so why the hell not post it?

And for last, Im currently using my tablet, so tezt formatting will be a bige issue.

1. Wet clothes. Ever entered a river, or any water source IRL and got your clothes really wet? Know that annoying feeling when all of your clothes are soaking with water and make your clothes weight more than they should? Well, why shouldnt we add this 'con' of getting into water toDayZ? So that if you want to drink from a lake, or swim to an island, you know you will suffer from slow walking... if its all sunny and bright outside, your clothes will dry soon, but if its a cold night, you might suffer from great coldness.

2. Water ruins your electrical equipment.

3. Hard boxes protect your equipment from water.

4. Hard boxes can only contain items (as for now, i was able to put my defib unit in my hardbox and save lots of slots, and putting a box inside another box doesnt make much sense)

5. Washing your clothes. Lied in the grass camping the NWAF for too long? Walked in rough terrain? Well, naturally, your clothes will get dirty, and stinky (sweat, maybe? If you wear warming clothes when its hot, or you run alot). And naturally, that will attract alot of damn zombies. How can you wash that dirt off? Get into the sea.

6. Blood trails from wounded players.

7. If your character dies of a zombie bite, he has a big chance to 'arise' and walk with your equipment around, untill someone kills him. (Note: the body turns into an NPC, and acts on its own, NOT CONTROLLED BY THE DEAD PLAYER)

8. Signs of zombie infection beggining, i guess that when its all started, people werent all dressed and happy in their homes, someone might have been infexted while fixing his house, spawning a zombie with a hammer in hand, another one might be a poor police officer, wadering with a batton. In all of those zombie movies, the brainless still remember part of their routine, and stick to their items, you can see that in The Walking Dead, when the lil girl picks up a teddy (shes a zed, ofcourse).

9. No morphine magic. Last time ive checked, your legs didnt magicly fix themselves when youve injected some morphine, am I right?

10. The ability to break other parts, as hands or limbs.

11. Something must be done with the broken legs thing, maybe lossing conciousness, or lying on your back motionless, because i dont think that when you break your legs, some kind of a force MAKES you prone, and actually, move while proning.

12. Fix the ToS, EULA, and all of this stuff we sign for without reading. This game is a freaking Horror, Survival, 18+, Roleplaying game. (That brings me to my next, viral suggestions)

13. Childrenzombies. Scariesrt. Thing. Ever.

14. Ignore any case of offending, discrimination, and etc. I see DayZ, as a roleplaying, survival simulator. And naturally, there WILL BE discrimination, always, eveb when those half dead half living creatures wandering around. Thats the whole idea of roleplaying. Having gangs of crazy nazis killing anyone who's not white. Having black and Asian people organizing anti-white gangs. Having wierd kiddos walking around singing about flying penises. Why? Because thats the human nature, that is the reality, and having a survival realistic simulator without those personalities isnt fun.

15. Emblems and such. Finding pieces of clothes, spray, and more painting material to craft a badge, or spraying a house or a car. And eveb if we'll see "Heil hitler" or "Fucj the jews" or a flying green cock entering a yellow cat-dog, thts the reality we all see around, go outside, walk around your neighborhood and i assure you, you will find ateast one stupid spray. Also, those items can be extremy rare, so if I finally find one, I wont stupidly use it to write something dumb, but to make myself a nice badge, or pimp my ride.

16. Ability to hang people with ropes, or tie them to a tree.

17. Tie peoples hands with ropes, easier to break from than handcuffs.

18. Some kind of gore.

Thats all for now, i will keep this thread updated with more ideas I come up with. (Will also categorize and organize the text somewhen soon).

Edited by GummyGum173
  • Like 1

9. No morphine magic. Last time ive checked, your legs didnt magicly fix themselves when youve injected some morphine, am I right?

no, but it can make you completely ignore the pain and keep on walking. unless you your leg is totally busted.

7. If your character dies of a zombie bite, he has a big chance to 'arise' and walk with your equipment around, untill someone kills him. (Note: the body turns into an NPC, and acts on its own, NOT CONTROLLED BY THE DEAD PLAYER)

THIS! ABSOLUTELY!

1. i would ad this: if you fall into deep water or if you go swimming with hatchet+m4 and backpack full of cans on back and helmet+bulletproof vest you should be good as drowned man

7. survivors are immune to the contagion so they cannot turn into zombies (zombies in dayz are not dead actually they are "sick" living ppl that's why you can kill them with one bullet)

Edited by per2

Some of this stuff is so realistic that it would diminish authenticity and make the game a pain to play. 

Some of this stuff is so realistic that it would diminish authenticity and make the game a pain to play.

The water stuff might be a pain, but the other stuff?