mordax

TELEPORT HACK IS BACK!!!

Lets hope VAC is cataloging the Hackers and then will soon do a massive ban removing the steam accounts and all their games.

For some of these script kiddies that's gona cost them alot of money and mummy wont be happy.

I think VAC should report them to their isp as well so that they loose internet connection with a letter sent to the home owners explaining why they have lost their internet.

A list should be published of all names of banned people by BE and VAC.

Steam account names ingame names and ip address with the name of the provider.

• Like 1

This is not a troll post you ignorant n****.

bad news is that my recorder messed up, but good news is that my friend was in SAME server and i asked him to upload it, so here it is 

NOOO this is not the teleport glitch (bug) that teleports you back as you see on this video EVERYONE IN SERVER got teleported into SAME place! that was clearly a hack, just like the ones that existed in mod.

What im so pissed about is that rocket said that main point of standalone is to ELIMINATE such crazy hacks that allow you to teleport yourself and players but i see no change. i think standalone is even WORSE than mod

YES i know its ALPHA but standalone alpha should be a lot better than dayz mod final ever was!

even worse is that my friends have offered to help rocket several times, because we had these things fixed in our private hive server! teleport was IMPOSSIBLE because server recorded the positions at all times and kicked you INSTANTLY if you travelled more distance than you could. so if you moved too fast = insta kick+ban.

also all those spawn scripts were impossible to use, i mean you might have been able to use it once, but that got you insta banned because we used the anti-cheat that detected all "illegal" spawns.

but rocket wont even reply coz all he cares about is $$$ and not the quality of the game! we could fix these things SO EASILY. we can do it in a day, then maybe week for public testing and DONE! and we'd do it for FREE but he still refuses coz clearly he just dont give a s*** about game.

• Like 4

Lets hope VAC is cataloging the Hackers and then will soon do a massive ban removing the steam accounts and all their games.

For some of these script kiddies that's gona cost them alot of money and mummy wont be happy.

I think VAC should report them to their isp as well so that they loose internet connection with a letter sent to the home owners explaining why they have lost their internet.

A list should be published of all names of banned people by BE and VAC.

Steam account names ingame names and ip address with the name of the provider.

VAC is useless, they are still able to do the damage, coz VAC takes 1 - 12 weeks to ban. also hacking a game is not illegal, ISP won't do a thing about game hacking lol. 

only ones to blame are GAME DEVELOPERS for being lazy ignorant F***s. look at BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, they take hacking VERY seriously. they probably lose a lot of money, but they take hackers to court all the way. this is why public forums like mpcforum, *** ..etc do not publicly post any hacks for BLIZZARD games. they have private sections tho, but keeping it private prevents search engines from finding them, meaning a LOT less noobs using them.

if game devs put a line into their terms that it is illegal and against the law to alter the game content in any way and it is illegal to debug their game without their permission, they need to ENFORCE it, not sit on their rich bums and do nothing about it.

my friend probably has the player list from that server. devs could easily pull their real profiles via steam. cuz dayz name = steam name and find out who did that from server logs, but i bet they won't lift a finger to even look into this.

you see people, it's all about EFFORT! as i said, we had a private hive and we didnt have a single hacker coz we dealt with them. it still happend that someone managed to use some hack to kill someone, but we ALWAYS found out + as i said, teleport and spawns were not possible. even if they did spawn something, server deleted it instantly and banned them.

and fix against wallhack, is to fight fire with fire. make a "dev mode" where you are able to be in free fly mode and invisbile and just monitor people and see how they behiave. get some volunteers to help you out, im sure there are tons (including me) who are willing to use that free fly and monitor people to see if they have wallhack. its very easy to notice if you have wallhack yourself. but ofcourse you would not have power to shoot anyone from that free fly mode. just a "spectator" mode basically and ability to see all players. well yeah it could be abused by some so they could give intel to other players, but this is why dev team has to carefully pick those people so that they dont abuse it and help their friends with that.

in our server i often used the admin map on my other monitor to see where people are and just spied on them if i suspected they had a wallhack. i cought few wallhackers like that. they clearly moved away or took defensive position when i tried flanking from a position they were not able to see me (like behind hills)

EVERYTHING is just matter of effort, put enough time and effort in this and you get rid of all hacks. well not completely, there will still be kids who try, but its even better for devs, those kids get banned and most buy new game, so thats' more $$$ for devs!

• Like 4

Horray! Another whiny thread! I can't believe people still make these posts. Hacking cannot be avoided in games. As I said in another whine post, join protected official servers, not community made ones. That, and if you get teleported, just hit escape and alt f4 or just disconnect from the server.

HOOORAYYYY another whiny ignoramus noob who is unable to READ. rocket siad that point of standalone is to eliminate such super hacks. in most pc games it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to teleport, coz server keeps track of where players are. that's what i posted about you poop. i was in OFFICIAL SERVER protected by VAC and Battleye. ghuu i hate such ignoramuses, look the video now you ignoramus poopster, this is not a teleport bug caused by server. this was CLEARLY A HACK!!

At this point I just try to ignore the fanboys. I used to find it comical how normal gamers and fanboys feuded but now they're rather annoying. If anybody ever has a bit of a criticism against the sacred DayZ or God Dean then you can expect for at least one person to skim over your post and make a combative post essentially trying to bully you. 

It's either that...

You joined the wrong server even if it was official

You just don't understand that it's Alpha

or You're whiny 

And when there's no other explanation they search until they find a statement made by the developers months and or years ago about what the developers planned to do. 

You obviously didn't read my post. And clearly you've never been a part of any game development team. Yet I don't know how things work eh?

And yes I call not getting to the root of the problem ineffective. So let me explain to you how to be PROACTIVE when it comes to hackers with reactive measures to back it up. I'll try to keep it simple and quick.

How To Significantly Reduce Hacking

1) Much like a security software firm, bring on a security breach team (hackers) to attack and pose threats to your product.

2) Once these hackers discover holes, patch them up until they are proven to be 95+% secured (nothing can be 100% as new updates can have unpredictable effects).

3) Have said hackers periodically release hacks that are deemed to be secure on targeted websites for download and or purchase.

4) This is where the reactive measures come in. Once a gamer attempts to play using measures that the anti-cheat client already has deemed unfair, they will instantly be perma-banned. 

You repeat this process and release what are thought to be new hacks until it becomes well known that the company themselves are releasing the hacks. This generally deters 85-90 percent of would be cheaters as they are usually the gamers that simply download (and often times purchase) the hacks. 

Yes there will remain a small percentage of gamers that can create their own hacks (I've found to be around 3-5 percent) but it becomes much easier to target those gamers... the root of the problem and eliminate them. You may say that the math doesn't add up and you're right. That's because once the gamers that would pay and download a hack are banned or stopped downloading, there becomes less incentive to continually attempt to work around the system. There's little to no monetary gain or gratification left in it. 

Besides the fact that I've personally experienced this method working, as an example lets look at Windows and Mac. There's this large myth that OS X is far harder to hack to Windows OS. This of course is false. The reason that Windows OS gets hacked far more often then OS X is because it has dominated the general market-share and the market-share for key demographics (business, school, etc). Basically there's a far greater incentive to hack Windows instead of OS X. There's more money to be made, more targets, and a higher chance of hacking a major organization (as most support Windows over OS X). 

This theory applies to multiplayer games as well. Most hackers are simply looking for the largest markets to hack for. If you greatly diminish the market, they'll move on the next game because there's actually incentive and profit to be made. 

And that's where my disappointment comes from Nik21. That there is no proactive approach but rather only a reactive approach which will always welcome hackers. So much more could be done, yet gamers like you accept that this is the best that a development team can do for some reason. 

But maybe you're right. Maybe I don't know anything about this at all in any way shape or form. I'm only speaking from experience and what has worked multiple times for the teams that I've been on in the past. 

• Like 1

even worse is that my friends have offered to help rocket several times, because we had these things fixed in our private hive server! teleport was IMPOSSIBLE because server recorded the positions at all times and kicked you INSTANTLY if you travelled more distance than you could. so if you moved too fast = insta kick+ban.

also all those spawn scripts were impossible to use, i mean you might have been able to use it once, but that got you insta banned because we used the anti-cheat that detected all "illegal" spawns.

but rocket wont even reply coz all he cares about is $$$ and not the quality of the game! we could fix these things SO EASILY. we can do it in a day, then maybe week for public testing and DONE! and we'd do it for FREE but he still refuses coz clearly he just dont give a s*** about game.

I think you may be a little mentally challenged...

At this point I just try to ignore the fanboys. I used to find it comical how normal gamers and fanboys feuded but now they're rather annoying. If anybody ever has a bit of a criticism against the sacred DayZ or God Dean then you can expect for at least one person to skim over your post and make a combative post essentially trying to bully you. 

It's either that...

You joined the wrong server even if it was official

You just don't understand that it's Alpha

or You're whiny 

And when there's no other explanation they search until they find a statement made by the developers months and or years ago about what the developers planned to do. 

Quoting what you quoted (I just didn't want to add more 'wall-o-text'). Even if they were proactively doing this, admitting it publicly would be a really stupid move and would not help the situation. So, maybe they are working on this?

Edited by Gekkonidae

DayZ devs are very, very slow at fixing exploits and hacking. They just don't prioritize it.

Guest Dwarden

DayZ devs are very, very slow at fixing exploits and hacking. They just don't prioritize it.

you do realize there was no patch yet since cheaters started use this exploit ?

so please comment after the new patch reach experimental or stable branch ... not before

Edited by Dwarden

Get a life or a tissue not an extra thread for it..

But now is my spezialface the gimmick on your thread i have saved you dude i hope you are thankfull

Edited by Superfly

I'll have to come back in 6 months and see how its doing. For now there's not point wasting time.

Now you get it, well done!

you do realize there was no patch yet since cheaters started use this exploit ?

so please comment after the new patch reach experimental or stable branch ... not before

Any online game where it's possible to teleport around other players is fundamentally flawed and simply programmed improperly. Even amateurs know better than to design a server to trust information (packets, etc.) from untrustworthy entities (players). Anyone who still believes Bohemia has plans to rewrite any of their mistakes is sorely mistaken. This has been an issue at their company for many years and it is still an issue in ArmA 3. Do not buy DayZ with the expectation that it will greatly improve.

i know there are hacks that can never be stopped since there is always info the client has that hacks can exploit

BUT:

what i REALLY REALLY don't understand is why people can still spawn fully geared / spawn gear.

Rocket said long before alpha release that every item in the database has a unique number now which will make duping / spawning

of items impossible since they would not have a legit number.

i really hope this will be fixed before beta/release

Easy. Item ESP (radar for items) and the ability to teleport items to you.

Easy. Item ESP (radar for items) and the ability to teleport items to you.

Or they simply exploit character .cfg file....

Really I don’t have a machine to play this right now as I’m rocking a 2004 Build. But I backed the new Elite game on kickstarter so have a copy of that in the bag.

Maybe I should wait even longer to get my new rig with people saying wait till the new intel CPu comes out and DDR4.

I thought it would gather a lot of pace and be Beta in four or five months.

damn das old

Any online game where it's possible to teleport around other players is fundamentally flawed and simply programmed improperly. Even amateurs know better than to design a server to trust information (packets, etc.) from untrustworthy entities (players). Anyone who still believes Bohemia has plans to rewrite any of their mistakes is sorely mistaken. This has been an issue at their company for many years and it is still an issue in ArmA 3. Do not buy DayZ with the expectation that it will greatly improve.

You do know players have to send information to the server to... uhmm I don't know... play the game, right? You always send information to the server in online games, a key stroke ís information, so by shooting, or walking, or eating a nice can of beans, you are sending information.

This makes me think you:

A: Don't know anything about game programming yourself. (very likely)

B: Didn't care to explain it in a logical way.

Either way, creating an account specifically to bash BI is just pointless.

Edited by Problematic

The only way to totally curb the user desire to hack is to introduce skill tree to the game and make the game much more costly in later releases. Like 60 bux in beta stage and about 90 dollars for a finished game. Ok, 89,99

You do know players have to send information to the server to... uhmm I don't know... play the game, right?

There's a difference between accepting information and trusting information and if you don't understand that difference then why are you commenting on server design?

• Like 1

Now you get it, well done!

huh? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this post. But like I said in my post, I fully understand the situation. It's just annoying.

YES i know its ALPHA but standalone alpha should be a lot better than dayz mod final ever was!

How do you figure?

The only way to totally curb the user desire to hack is to introduce skill tree to the game and make the game much more costly in later releases. Like 60 bux in beta stage and about 90 dollars for a finished game. Ok, 89,99

Bullshit. Hackers would just hack and give themselves "xp," thus gaining skills. It wouldn't change jack shit. Nor would the price point. The more expensive the game is, the more hackers can sell their hacks for and get more profit.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

The only way to totally curb the user desire to hack is to introduce skill tree to the game and make the game much more costly in later releases.

So the hackers just target the skill tree and hack that. Cost doesn't change the hacking any. Free games are hacked just as much as top-shelf titles.

Next!

Quoting what you quoted (I just didn't want to add more 'wall-o-text'). Even if they were proactively doing this, admitting it publicly would be a really stupid move and would not help the situation. So, maybe they are working on this?

I completely get where you're coming from and you're right you don't admit it publicly; however, you use public perception to your advantage as part of the process.

You have your forum's admins or other staff members sign up on your forum under a different name as a normal user. They then post in popular hack threads (such as this one) about how only noobs hack because experienced players know that the company releases most of the hacks used and you'll definitely get perma-banned. 

This works because as players we're victims of perception meaning that we hear a rumor (such as the devs will take this away or add this) and it almost becomes accepted as fact. Think about how many topics are created to debate features that aren't even added yet or may not be added in any way shape or form. If the rumor is started that the developers are releasing hacks that will immediately get you perma-banned and if there is a huge perma-ban round, it'll become accepted as fact. And that's how you make it publicly known without publicly admitting it. 

So the hackers just target the skill tree and hack that. Cost doesn't change the hacking any. Free games are hacked just as much as top-shelf titles.

Next!

Can't hack yourself a skill that takes say one year of grinding with an account thats 7 days old or what ever without being discovered by the community or a program from the server side.

You don't know the numbers of free games being hacked compared to top shelf ones, so stop making up stuff. Use logic ffs