Sign in to follow this  
Shadow1226

Shadow12 banned for global voip spam.

I have my vent key to caps same as ingame and I talk to a group im with in vent so yeah it ties with ingame, but, 1. I get kicked for alerting a guy that he cant talk in side channle it desyncs server - I get kicked for it wtf ? 2 I accidently forget I had it in side and was talking to friends, i get kicked for it ..... 3. I was talking in group , and I GET KICKED for it ? I get 7 day ban for just ACCIdently talking into side without noticeing, these kidos kicked me off their mumble just because I was talking about something els off topic, now they target me for it. I get kicked but the other guy I warned didnt? I smell favoritism ? I would like to see this ban is appealed and im unbaned, these kids are abuseing their admin powers for stupid shit, they reset the server every time their car is blown up to save it, <--- I whitnessed it in mumble ?? WTF? anyway I can get the unban forcefully removed please ?

Just to prevent a poo storm. Shadow12 was banned form LA 4 today for repeated global voip spam in side channel. This continued for an hour after 3 kicks and many warnings, and shadow himself warning players not to use side/global voip. We have fraps evidence of more then one use after being kicked. Also your ban from the mumble has no connection your ban from the dayz server. Video will be linked privately if need be as it contains gps coords.

You got kicked 3 times TODAY for global voip spam and banned for 7 days on your 8th or so use. It is not the duty of server admins to make you change your key bindings and you were asked many times to do so over the last few weeks which you refused. That attitude is what got you banned form mumble BTW. Your favoritism smell is just the other guy stopping using VOIP. I know you are actually 15 years old but you don't have to act like it, making stuff up that you "witnessed".

It was a fucking accident dookie, lego didnt get kicked? WHT YOU going to do ? let him go by and kick me everytime? It not my fault that the channles fucking glitch out, ? How about you unban cause I didnt notice I was in the side chat?

I only said 1 THINg and STOPPEd and you kicked me, the other guy did the same and got away with it. SO ????? ABUSE

AND YOU DID FUCKING RESTART EVERYTIME your car blew up trying to save it, thats abuse and can get the server BLACKLISTEd? Ever try reading Rockets rules mr, ADMIN ?

1 Sec Ima go find the voice recordings and video files of the rules you broke

I am not going to get into a flame war with a child. Staff can find me by pm or email if they want to review the evidence.

Well, Ill have the evidence when I can find them :) Dookie, the ban should be a day not fucking week, and IT should never be a ban if I didnt mean to talk in the fucking side channel

Shadow, play on another server...geez, he only banned you (and rightfully so) for a week.

You guys are some real admin material.

I am the only admin that has posted in this thread so far good sir. Please do not think any of these other posts reflect the views and opinions of the server.

Guys that are not collectors, I play on la 4 mainly, I have shit there, its not legit for 7 days, it has to be kick or its abuse, if your an awake, please do not post here anymore unless you are collectors and above. No one needs the ignorance .

You are a complete ignorant moron man' date=' that is off topic and is stupid as fuck to say that , no one needs to hear ignorance, go post on your own shit.

[hr']

I am the only admin that has posted in this thread so far good sir. Please do not think any of these other posts reflect the views and opinions of the server.

It sure shows how you THINK before you DO--- also ONE ADMIN reflects on ALL SERVER ADMINS . Don't ya think ?

You are a complete ignorant moron man' date=' that is off topic and is stupid as fuck to say that , no one needs to hear ignorance, go post on your own shit.

[hr']

It sure shows how you THINK before you DO--- also ONE ADMIN reflects on ALL SERVER ADMINS . Don't ya think ?

You know, I've never understood this phenomenon of people getting banned then coming to the forum to ask for help while flaming everyone who responds......

[hr']

You know' date=' I've never understood this phenomenon of people getting banned then coming to the forum to ask for help while flaming everyone who responds......

[/quote']

I only flame the ones who come with ignorance unhelpful responses and I responded to dookie the admin who banned me for 7 days letting him know that his actions resemble the whole server.

[hr']

You know' date=' I've never understood this phenomenon of people getting banned then coming to the forum to ask for help while flaming everyone who responds......

[/quote']

I only flame the ones who come with ignorance unhelpful responses and I responded to dookie the admin who banned me for 7 days letting him know that his actions resemble the whole server.

But you did so in an extremely immature manner, especially since your the one asking for help here, you need to approach this with more respect and less anger.

[hr']

[/quote']

But you did so in an extremely immature manner, especially since your the one asking for help here, you need to approach this with more respect and less anger.

True, I agree

Guy sounds like an asshole, but the rules, as I have read, say you can ban for racism and malicious talk only. You have not claimed either, so either unban him or the people running this mod need to expand it so any loser can ban people they don't like for whatever reason they want (like you did).

I know for a fact that the day prior to this ban you were repeatedly kicked for spamming your mic. I also know for a fact that it is extremely easy to rebind your voice keys from global/side to direct voice chat. The process is thus:

Esc > Options > Controls > Scroll down about halfway on the list > Delete your current voice bindings > Rebind to direct chat

Just do this and there won't be a problem on this server or any other server you might play on in the future.

Also, there appears to be some bad blood between you and one of the admins on the server, which may or may not have caused an overzealous reaction. However the matter, as I understand it, is that you were repeatedly warned and you yourself have warned others about not talking in global/side voice chat. In order to bring this issue to a close, and to end this ridiculous thread, I will unban you. However, you will need to rebind your voice keys in game so that you stop spamming voice in order to prevent future kicks.

Since there is a purple reply in this thread, I would like to try and find out what the proper procedure for dealing with issues such as this. What are we as server admins supposed to do in the event that a player is repeatedly warned and repeatedly kicked for harassing the entire server by using their voice chat? I am a player myself, I play this game to have fun and sometimes shoot at "noobs" in Cherno. What I don't like doing is having to alt-tab out to my rcon client every 15 seconds to kick somebody for repeatedly spamming their mic. If the policy is to stand as is, meaning we can't ban people for repeatedly disobeying fairly clear instructions to not spam global voip, so be it. I may not like it, but I will live with it. However, I do think there should be some policy put in place in order to ensure that troublemakers can be dealt with temporarily in order to prevent the constant need to have to kick someone. Also, before someone gets on the bandwagon here saying you can use the admin client in game, I can't; I get a script error #49 when I try and use that.

To wrap this long post up and hopefully this thread, I would like to apologize for the drama that has unfortunately spilled over onto the mod forums and hopefully we can get a relatively quick response as to what the proper way to deal with this issue is in the future.

EDIT: Unbanned as of 12:34AM PST 6/23/2012

-AthrunX

LA 4 Head Admin

Guy sounds like an asshole' date=' but the rules, as I have read, say you can ban for racism and malicious talk only. You have not claimed either, so either unban him or the people running this mod need to expand it so any loser can ban people they don't like for whatever reason they want (like you did).

[/quote']

But this is a temporary ban.

Right, and 100 years is a temporary ban as well, just wait 100 years. The rules state, as I have seen them, bans can only be dealt out for 2 reasons, neither of which have been stated here. I guess certain groups are allowed to just ignore the rules and ban for whatever reason they like. That's how this dev group runs things. Doesn't matter what the rules say, as long as the devs agree with subjective bans, it's legit. Right? Fuck the whole two rules of racism and malicious talk, whatever they agree with on the fly is cool. How dare anyone break the random rules these pathetic losers make up on the fly. Cool game brah. So hardcore.

Right' date=' and 100 years is a temporary ban as well, just wait 100 years. The rules state, as I have seen them, bans can only be dealt out for 2 reasons, neither of which have been stated here. I guess certain groups are allowed to just ignore the rules and ban for whatever reason they like. That's how this dev group runs things. Doesn't matter what the rules say, as long as the devs agree with subjective bans, it's legit. Right? Fuck the whole two rules of racism and malicious talk, whatever they agree with on the fly is cool. How dare anyone break the random rules these pathetic losers make up on the fly. Cool game brah. So hardcore.

[/quote']

If i remember correctly spamming voip is bannable per rocket. Don't appreciate being called a loser either, I am a grown ass 30 year old man with my own home (paid off TYVM) who has never had anything given to him. And don't forget it's us "losers" who provide your game servers, it costs us money and we don't do it for the fun of being shat on by punks like you. Why do people have to be so nasty about things that do not concern them? Would you prefer admins did nothing and allowed spammers, griefers, and cheaters to rule? I think not sir.

EDIT: To answer some things brought up in Ath's post. There is no "bad blood" between myself (I banned him for VOIP spam it was my decision no one else's and I take full responsibility) and shadow. You should know I was the only one to vote to keep him in the group and even delayed the vote for 2 days because I felt bad for the kid. The history: I own our mumble server and shadow has been using it for quite some time now. We met him in battlefield 3 and had a good time with him there, even though he is annoying as all hell, It was easy to sit back and laugh at it. This cannot be done with dayz and a vote was taken and he was deemed to disruptive to the group to allow him to continue playing with us. As an example of how bad it had gotten I had to make everyone but him a priority speaker so he could not talk over important tactical comms with BS about facebook or how his buddy is such a sweet hacker or asking what changed in the new patch he has been using for 2 days, Hell even the "friend" he brought in to the group voted him out. The Ban: It was decided in a group vote 14:1 to ban shadow from the mumble server and give him a mafia style exit, few shots to the back of the head, even did it myself as a real man will kill those he condemns to die with his own hand. The aftermath: A few hours after I put him down shadow is in side chat on voice after multiple warnings from admins he is kicked twice for voip spam after the first kick his words were something to the effect of, if not exactly, F#$#$ING KICK ME AGAIN AND ILL TELL ROCKET AND GET THIS SERVER BLACKLISTED. He was then set upon by the angry horde that is the internet and put in his place without further admin involvement. He did not return after the second kick, and there was much rejoicing. Today: Shadow joins the game and almost immediately begins to use side/global voip gets a kick (he used side voice to tell a guy not to use side voice so he freaking KNEW BETTER!!!!) Comes back and starts talking again and another kick, back again for more talking and a kick then back for more and a kick, there was silence for a time, then more talking in side and a ban. Then its to the forums with claims ranging from its the same as my vent key to it was an accident I was in side channel to badmin claims to I didn't notice I was in side to the other guy didn't get banned (he stopped using voip no ban needed) to oh I only said one thing to oh well your restarting the server to save your vehicles (they did not spawn in neither did tents we had no choice) to I didn't mean to all in two posts on the front page of this thread. Page two devolves into such crap as don't post here unless you post alot and finally a bit of intelligence (word used loosely) in his last post.

Also the gps coords are no longer relevant so here is the video

the jump spots are where I started and stopped the recording. Count them with me now 1,2,3,4,5 different times he keys his mic in side chat in less then a min, that is not glitched channels that is a child attempting to get banned, after at least 4 kicks in a day, so he can try to cause trouble for a server people who "don't like him anymore" enjoy and call home.

Disrupting the game for the majority of the server's population will not be tolerated. When 35 people ask in side why isn't he just banned after 2 kicks and again after the 3rd it's not the admins who are in the wrong it's the griefer/spammer.

My final $0.02

Awaiting staff ruling.

If i remember correctly spamming voip is bannable per rocket. Don't appreciate being called a loser either.

"- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc."

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429

Or I guess we could just follow whatever random rules "rocket" say on the fly whenever we feel because he's fucking god or something.

How dare anyone do anything because rocket can make it a bannable offense instead of actually editing the server rules thread on the official forums. Nah, too hard. Just ban people for what we have never officially stated because some nerd got butthurt. This game hardcore, we ban for talking on voip, so hardcore. Follow rules from random unofficial threads you never read that you didn't even link. Cool story brah.

Regardless, "EDIT: Unbanned as of 12:34AM PST 6/23/2012" - Done proper, edit the server rule specs if we're just going to allow anyone to ban people for whatever they like. No point in further argument, as this clearly was a violation of server rule specs.

How come on I'll shout just in front of you for 5 hours straight and you'll punch me in the face after 5 mins. But you can only punch someone in legitimate defense, so you're wrong as the rule say, but you will be right in your and in everyone else's mind.

It's not following the rules to the letter, it's just common sense. A player annoys all the server just because he isn't able to change one key, he is banned until he learns the lesson not to be so lazy. And no one on the server will find it wrong, they'll be happy to be able to play without a teeny brat shouting everytime.