Sign in to follow this  
Zalexey

Vital bulky and heavy loot

Hello there!

My suggestion is hardcore driven :) Why not to make some in-game items (that maybe will appear in the future) really bulky and heavy, hence it should be impossible to simply pack them in the backpack and run away as it just like a large can of beans. Instead you should only carry them by 2 hands, one at the time and in a walk mode only (just like the fist fight mode now in SA but without sprint ability). Those items may include:

• Car wheel
  • Car battery
  • Mobile generator
  • Mobile PA system
  • Barrel for fuel/water
  • ... you name it

IMO this is what the survival is about: if you want to possess anything that gives you an advantage (vehicles, generator, etc) u have to sacrifice something i.e. your mobility.

To be ahead of the "simple no"...

There was a thread recently: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165457-shopping-mall-cart-storage-more-loot/

It's a great and fun idea but why not to enhance it with something more practical (and more common for Chernarus villages) like this:

bOHqbrV.jpg

This baby is pretty mobile, tough and i can tell you from my experience that you can easily use it in the woods/fields/dirt roads even at decent speeds!

Actually I think this kind of vehicle should be the first implemented in Dayz SA :)

Therefore if you (or your team actually) decide to repair a vehicle or to make something more global than simply running around, then you should either waste time and risk your life slowly carrying something from A to B, or find and use the wheelbarrow (which IMO should be pretty common and spawn in every village/town)

What kind of a moron carries a tire instead of rolling it on the ground in front of you with a stick?

Well shopping carts could be kept to roads, wheel barrels off road, and you could do the old indian sled thing with two sticks and some frabrick in between dragged along.  Forces you into walk mode, you have to scroll and let go to shoot loot etc.  Someone else can walk off with yoru cart etc. 

Grocery cart would work

Wheel barrel (god tipping that over would be funny)

Grocery carts (two wheel  device with 4 sides.

Impromptu sled

Treat it just like a vehicle or bicycle acts kinda like a very slow car.