dyno0919

Anyone else disagree with the current morphine spawns?

There is not enough morphine to deal with the brittle bone disease bug.

Haha that's hilarious ElfishGene! I'm honestly not bothered too much by it, I mean the best thing I have ever found was a Lee Enfield. It doesn't hurt too bad to respawn :P. Half of my deaths are hilariously sad too. Once I found an ak74 with no ammo, mind you that was all I had, and a dude came up to me with a crossbow. I said in direct chat "Hey, friendly, I don't have anything." He must have been scared of the gun or something but he shot me and ran off. Didn't even loot my body. He shot me once and I bled out from around 8k blood. Had no bandages to heal myself. I just sat there and died. Who in their right mind just shoots a dude and runs off. At least take the PoS gun off of me.

Anyway, this game is great fun :)! I'm always excited to play it and the bugs, while they may be gamebreaking in a sense, don't bother me too much. I just thought I'd voice my opinion and point out that the balance of morphine at the moment doesn't quite make sense, what with broken leg glitches up the wazoo and zombies that have a high chance of breaking your bones within your first encounter.

There needs to be a way to repair a broken leg without morphine.

You should be able to splint it with wood and bandages. Or maybe just bandages only several at a time. You shouldn't be running like normal but damn sure won't be completely useless to the point you wasted your time playing due to a unfortunate battle with a zombie in the wall.

I really think the game should have some sort of timer just like your food and water indicators. On slowly repairing your leg, might not be in 20 minutes, maybe not in 4 hours, but shit atleast you won't be crawling until you decide to hit respawn or someone comes up and kills you.

Morphine should be the amazing 1 hit wonder cure for broken bones, that's only found in hospitals and rare spawns, but the fact remains there needs to be 1 or 2 more hospitals or medical supply areas.

3 Hospitals all on the coast. Two being massive gang bang shooter sites, and the other is almost the same. They are just too far spread out and too heavily guarded. Now I understand guarding and staking claim on all the epic medical supplies people do, but seriously right now if your out in BFE trying to be a lone survivor, and you happen to walk into a bush the wrong way. Your Literally Fucked. GG, Scrub, Better Luck Next Time. Bush Killed "Player".

Right now, the biggest dick move a player can do is get a Makarov and shoot every single person in the fucking knee. There's almost nothing they can do even if they kill you, doesnt matter if you just spawned 5 seconds ago, found a gun and shot them after they spent hours collecting gear. Hit them in the leg and you practically erase their whole progress with 1 bullet.

That's an interesting idea as well. I don't know if the timer would necessarily do anything. Maybe if it ran in real time and not server time? Like food and water. If you break your bones, take out the remaining targets, find somewhere safe to rest, and you have to log off for an hour or two. I can see that as being a reasonable penalty. With the glitchy leg breaking and annoyingly glassy bone syndrome however, I would be taking hour brakes for every half hour of gameplay, so that could be a bit annoying. Having something else that could temporarily repair it or not repair it all the way is interesting as well, but you would still be forced to find morphine, and even being forced to crouch walk everywhere would make me want to respawn.

We're getting close guys. There are a couple good ides, but not any perfect ones. I think the root of the problem lies in the fact that a broken bone=respawn. If only there were a lesser penalty for breaking a leg. Then that wouldn't be realistic though, and afterall, this is a simulator.

Sorry I'm just kind of rambling to myself here, sometimes it's better for me to just type out thoughts as I go :P. I really feel we could be on to something though. We could find the perfect balance haha.

I find morphine regularly in supermarkets and deer stands, and deer stands are literally everywhere on the map. I have had no trouble finding morphine but I will accept that I havent had to respawn since the changes.

even being forced to crouch walk everywhere would make me want to respawn.

This is why your having problems in the first place I think.

No Patience.

Your asking for a suggestion on fixing the issue, but your not willing to splint your leg and hobble or crouch around until you get morphine or your leg repairs on its own.

You sound like you want a easy way out to be honest. Timers on offline gameplay? Really? If your character isn't in game you shouldn't be recieving any healing, but that brings up another thing I hate which is the food and water while being logged out, but that's hardly difficult to deal with.

I don't have massive issues with breaking legs. I do however have issues about how often it can happen and how shitty the method of fixing it is.

Morphine as a medicine is essentially a heavy duty painkiller right? What if a broken limb took an hour in real time to repair. With painkillers it would take 30 minutes (2 painkillers would heal it) and morphine would be instant.

Or, what if a broken leg was more of a permanent feature as is in real life. With morphine, you could perform fully for 2 hours or a large amount of in-game time (not real time), with painkillers you could perform fully or almost fully for 1 hour or less, and with a bandage you could perform fully for 30 minutes or 15 or something? With only meds, your leg would still be broken and maybe you could have, say...a hobble or something? Something that also distorted your aim? Maybe you couldn't stand when not moving (you could run (not a full run, but a little faster than walking), but had to crouch if you weren't moving) and it would be kind of like shock (but not as intense shaking) when you were aiming. Then there could be another item, a first aid kit or a self cast or some weird item (I wouldn't know I've never broken a bone :P) that you had to find in order to fully repair the broken leg. This would only be in houses in large residential areas or hospitals. Keep morphine the way it is with this as well.

Make breaking limbs slightly harder, but make it a liveable penalty. I actually like the second idea quite a bit. What do you guys think?

Agree with this thread. Rocket should have mercy on our souls and give us one morphine auto-injector in the starter kit... Or maybe just increase the morphine spawn-rate in hospitals? Maybe making it part of the starter kit would be too easy, as it is now, getting morphine is like a minigame, a mission that you have to complete before you head inland. But when you do complete the mission and get to the hospital in Elektro or Cherno without meeting bandits or getting mauled, and there's NO morphine there.... Pretty disappointing.

even being forced to crouch walk everywhere would make me want to respawn.

This is why your having problems in the first place I think.

No Patience.

Your asking for a suggestion on fixing the issue' date=' but your not willing to splint your leg and hobble or crouch around until you get morphine or your leg repairs on its own.

You sound like you want a easy way out to be honest. Timers on offline gameplay? Really? If your character isn't in game you shouldn't be recieving any healing, but that brings up another thing I hate which is the food and water while being logged out, but that's hardly difficult to deal with.

I don't have massive issues with breaking legs. I do however have issues about how often it can happen and how shitty the method of fixing it is.

[/quote']

Whoa I'm not looking for an easy way out, I'm looking for a reasonable, balanced fix. And I thought that was what you were saying by the timers, that's why I was disagreeing with it. Neither of the two things I mentioned in my post two posts back were my own suggestions, I thought that's what you were saying.

And crouch walking is the same speed as proning with a broken bone, so yes, I am neither patient enough to crouch walk nor prone for 8 hours to the nearest hospital :P. Crouch run, maybe. I would have to try it out in practice.

I like the idea of it repairing over time. I basically disregarded in-game time because it seems like even less of a fix than real time. I would imagine most players would crawl into a forest and leave the game logged in for however long it would take. Nobody wants to prone around looking for supplies; I think that's the point of this whole thing. I don't have a problem with bones breaking easily either; I have a problem with the fact that a broken bone=respawn most of the time.

I doubt most players would have the patience to prone from anywhere to the nearest coastal town with a hospital. Do you know how long that would take? Maybe I am being impatient, but there's no way I would do that over respawning. I found a server with side chat and sat for 30 minutes calling out to see if anyone had any morphine they were willing to bring. After that, I gave up. If I'm not already on a server with side chat, then I give up immediately with a broken bone and respawn. I might have a different opinion if I had actually had good gear, but I've never really had anything worth saving.

I would be alright with doing what your 3rd paragraph says, as is evidenced by what I just posted above.

Went to hospital in Cherno' date=' found 4 morphines. What's the big deal?

[/quote']

The big deal is for new players, like me, making it to a hospital. With a broken leg in the middle of the forest, that's quite a task.