Sign in to follow this  
Johnnybeachboy

2 FNGs waiting for a Captain!

Hey I'm new to the game and am looking for someone to show me around.

I have overwatch, origins, and Epoch downloaded. I also talked a friend int getting Arma 2 and OA for this.

I figured out the controls but not the gameplay mechanics. 

Also, my game doesn't stretch and the hud is too large...any suggestions? 

hello there, i personally think that the most fun time for a player in the game is when they're just starting. play for yourself and explore for yourself. this is a survival game after all. 

as for your hud, i have no idea what you mean, there is effectively no HUD in this game :P 

what gameplay mechanics are you wanting to figure out? 

and what do you mean by 'game doesnt stretch'? do you mean it doesnt fit your screen? if so then you should adjust the resolution to your screen's size. then it should be fine.

• Like 1

Heads up icons, server details, chat, etc is too large. Takes up goo portion of the screen. Forgot about res options. Big issue with 1.62.1037 also. Can't join any severs because I'm stuck at 1.62. Can't find anything or method of updating....

New player.

Enjoy the everlasting beginning nostalgia while it lasts. Those days will soon be gone. 

To Johnnybeachboy..

For your resolution problems. Go into the Video Options in the Options menu in the main menu. Then click advanced and tweak these things:

Interface Resolution: Whatever your desktop/screen resolution is.

3D Resolution: Make sure this is 100% (should be the same res as above)

Video Memory: Default

Postprocess Effects: Disabled

Aspect Ratio: Find out the ratio of your monitor/screen. Try looking up the model from the manufacturer or look on a forum. 

Interface size: This is the size of your GUI etc. Tweak this to whatever looks best to you. Do this last.

As for your game version and problems with that, get DayZ Commander: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

This will allow you to update everything to the latest version and search for servers with ease.

Finally you said you downloaded the Overwatch, Origins, and Epoch mods. Now I highly suggest playing Default/Vanilla DayZ Mod before trying any of those Mods out to get a feel for it. To jump straight into those other Mods would mean a constant death message relay for you, no offense. As well watch Youtube guides and tutorials to understand the game from someone else's point of view and help you out.

Goodluck and have fun..

Sobaka

TYS

To Johnnybeachboy..

For your resolution problems. Go into the Video Options in the Options menu in the main menu. Then click advanced and tweak these things:

Interface Resolution: Whatever your desktop/screen resolution is.

3D Resolution: Make sure this is 100% (should be the same res as above)

Video Memory: Default

Postprocess Effects: Disabled

Aspect Ratio: Find out the ratio of your monitor/screen. Try looking up the model from the manufacturer or look on a forum. 

Interface size: This is the size of your GUI etc. Tweak this to whatever looks best to you. Do this last.

As for your game version and problems with that, get DayZ Commander: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

This will allow you to update everything to the latest version and search for servers with ease.

Finally you said you downloaded the Overwatch, Origins, and Epoch mods. Now I highly suggest playing Default/Vanilla DayZ Mod before trying any of those Mods out to get a feel for it. To jump straight into those other Mods would mean a constant death message relay for you, no offense. As well watch Youtube guides and tutorials to understand the game from someone else's point of view and help you out.

Goodluck and have fun..

Sobaka

TYS

Hey man, the lin k to dayzcommander only downloads a load of free crap!

Really? I'll take a look. Its the Official Site. I hope you're being honest.. >:(

I may be wrong..

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS

New player.

Enjoy the everlasting beginning nostalgia while it lasts. Those days will soon be gone. 

So true.