Sign in to follow this  
spinoabw@hotmail.com

To All Those Whining About the Gun (from a noob to other noobs)

So I started playing the game about 4 days ago. Like you all, I hated how you didn't start with a gun. I probably died 50+ times in one day. It actually took me a good 2 days to find a single firearm, let alone survive more than an hour. All I'm saying is, stick with it. I now can find a good loadout (food, water, and weapons) within 30 minutes. It's not that hard, the problem is you're not used to the playstyle. Once you stick with it you'll learn how to tell what buildings are enterable, where to look for different kinds of loot, and how to evade the zombies.

+1

Took people a while to get the message. It's all about patience and adaptation. Apparently, all the new recruits we got from people like PC Gamer and RoosterTeeth are too aggressive and impatient to last more than 30 minutes.

5star thread.

cuz sounds are important and more shots you fire more infected you attract as well as hostile players if any around. even if you have AKM as a start weapon that doesnt mean you are safe. coz you are in more trouble if you fire your weapon most of the time.. you know how bandits get killed? they shoot at everything on sight. they fire 10 rounds to kill 2-3 infected at a deerstand and you know he is a bandit and needs to go :D

I'm in the same boat as the OP and agree 100%. Starting out was pretty rough, but eventually you get the hang of surviving and things get really fun.

Prone is your friend.

A-fucking-Men brother. When I started; I got frustrated because of all the walking, and boring things I had to deal with. Now I know how to make the best out of my situation, and my spawns! It's a fun game, that you need to have patience to get into.

Well said.

New players will be frustrated at first... but once they become familiar game, a lot of them will be glad about there being no starting weapon.

Hi all,

I am completely new to Dayz, saw videos on YouTube before and must say:

It is more like the hunger games now!

I really like the change, it seems to me more "real".

cu

New players will be frustrated at first... but once they become familiar game' date=' a lot of them will be glad about there being no starting weapon.

[/quote']

I wouldn't say glad, but rather increasingly challenged. People will have mixed feelings about that aspect of the mod.

FIRST DAY

1 Died 20 times in a row.

2 Walked over mountain tops alive for 30 minutes.

3 Proned in the grass alive for 90 minutes.

4 Entered buildings in infected areas and found loot.

5 Learned to when to crouch and not bother proning.

Patience.