Sign in to follow this  
Euler

Carry two primary weapons

I finally figured out how to carry two primary weapons but when I change server the weapon I'm carrying in my hands disappears. Is the intended or a bug or is carrying two primary weapons itself classed as a bug?

scroll down in you inventory and it will be under your backpack and just drag it to your hands.

If you equip the weapon in your hands only,and not place it in your inventory,it will not save.

You can only carry it around.

Can we get a definitive answer from a moderator/developer as to whether this is an intended feature? Because from how glitchy it sounds, it sounds like an exploit.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

If you equip the weapon in your hands only,and not place it in your inventory,it will not save.

You can only carry it around.

False. I carry an M4 on my shoudler and a Mosin in my hands all the time, when I change server I just have to press my Mosin hotkey to get it in my hands again, it's just under the backpack in the inventory. When I want to switch I put down the Mosin, then put down the M4, put the mosin on my back and then the M4 in my hands. If you put ANYTHING else in your hands though, you will drop the weapon.

Can we get a definitive answer from a moderator/developer as to whether this is an intended feature? Because from how glitchy it sounds, it sounds like an exploit.

I don't see how it's an exploit to have an item in your hands.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 1

when you first log in both weapons are in your inventory until you perform an action, then one will be dropped on the ground and you have to pick it up when you finish the action, from then on, it must be carried in your hands all the time until you log out again. Remember every time you perform an action the gun will be set on the ground first and must be picked up afterwards.  As someone else stated, when you log in you can choose a weapon and drag it to your hands.

also.. pay attention to where you set the gun down, if it clips into any object you cannot pick it up again.

Edited by Calibre

False. I carry an M4 on my shoudler and a Mosin in my hands all the time, when I change server I just have to press my Mosin hotkey to get it in my hands again, it's just under the backpack in the inventory. When I want to switch I put down the Mosin, then put down the M4, put the mosin on my back and then the M4 in my hands.If you put ANYTHING else in your hands though, you will drop the weapon.

Yeah but both the M4 and the Mosin are sharing inventory space (backpack or whatever storage room) right?

Or do you have the mosin on your hands without it taking space on your backpack?

Yeah but both the M4 and the Mosin are sharing inventory space (backpack or whatever storage room) right?

Or do you have the mosin on your hands without it taking space on your backpack?

Nope. One weapon on the shoulder, the other in hand. When you first log in a server the weapon in hand won't actually be in your hands but can be found under the backpack on the right inventory. As soon as you use an object or put something in your hands, the weapon in your hands will be dropped on the floor.

when you first log in both weapons are in your inventory until you perform an action, then one will be dropped on the ground and you have to pick it up when you finish the action, from then on, it must be carried in your hands all the time until you log out again. Remember every time you perform an action the gun will be set on the ground first and must be picked up afterwards.  As someone else stated, when you log in you can choose a weapon and drag it to your hands.

also.. pay attention to where you set the gun down, if it clips into any object you cannot pick it up again.

I was ontop of a roof with the mosin in my hands. I logged onto another server and the mosin disappeared completely from my rucksack I think because I didn't have enough room to store it maybe? I could only carry it and so when I change my server the only gun I had was my M4.

I don't think it's an 'exploit' in an illigitimate sense. There is a glitch on reloading a character that means you can't load up with something in your hands, so instead of throwing the item away it glitches into your inventory. Would be good to get a definitive answer, though, from the devs as to whether this is going to be a feature or changed to diallow having something in your hands on character save.

I was ontop of a roof with the mosin in my hands. I logged onto another server and the mosin disappeared completely from my rucksack I think because I didn't have enough room to store it maybe? I could only carry it and so when I change my server the only gun I had was my M4.

no, it has got nothing to do with space in your backpack, i'd say you probably dropped it when you climbed up onto the roof, how else could you have got up there? I use to run with 2 weapons all the time, it's a pain in the hole, nothing worse than realising you have dropped a pristine m4 with all attachments in a mil zone on a busy server and having to go back and pick it up again!!

the only bug I experienced was I actually dropped the m4 and when I logged back in the game had decided i'd dropped the mosin and I still had the cursed m4 gah!!

Edited by Calibre