greyfoxzb@gmail.com

No Vehicles on Servers: Heres the fix

Problem 1: Vehicles/their spawns

The main problem causing no vehicles on the map is the RADAR ON THE HELICOPTERS, REMOVE IT PLEASE.

Vehicles in DayZ are now out of map zones/saved to someone offline etc.

So there is now no vehicles spawned hardly anywhere on most full servers.

This takes away the want to go to other towns to search for vehicles since hey I'm on foot for 4 hours running to a town to fin there are no vehicles to fix then die.

Solution: De-spawn Timer 24 hr, Crafting Vehicles

Vehicles need to be de-spawned after 24 hours of not being saved. This will clean up servers of ditched vehicles that are saved in no-mans land.

Toolbox is needed to start the crafting process by right-clicking on the toolbox you can select a range of crafting options, the most basic is crafting a bicycle , which can then be upgraded to a motor bike etc. ( with adding more materials and items of course )

Example:

sPoBt.png

Problem 2: Player Spawns / loot spawns

Also the spawns are mainly in the kameko, cherno, electro areas, this makes for alot of people dieing, no loot to be spawn in those areas and more dieing with no gear.

Solution: Add Item to place beacon( spawn location)

This item can be place on the world much like the tent it too has placing requirements that must be met before you can place it, it is saved you alone and is your re-spawn point, once used the ITEM IS DESTROYED you must get a new one.

It can also be demolished by your enemies.

I really feel all this scrap metal, tires, cans, fuel parts and all this stuff isn't getting used and this would be an extremely fun way to do this.

this seems easy enough to implement. We have most of the components, already.

I very much endorse this suggestion. maybe add 4 or 6 slots of storage.

12-24 hours is too short, I repaired vehicules before, and if I had to log every days to save my vehicule otherwise I would lose it I would be pissed.

I work 12 hours a day, including driving on the road, there is no way in hell I could save my vehicule in time.

3 days to 1 week cleanup is perfect, and its already the case. Its a 7 days cleanup. So nullpoint.

About crafting, no. Im all for crafting, but this is ridiculus, crafting a whole bike without a torch some mismached wheels and scrap metal in the wilderness... sure. As it is, it is perfect.

Bumping this thread its geting drowned out and I would really like more opinions on this, I think its something that is vastly needed in the game.

EDIT: Changed the OP to vehicle not saved in 24 hr its despawned.

@ Drick

When someone grabs a vehicle then saves it in the wilderness for 6 days then hops on then saves it for another 6 days it creates serverwide shortages of vehicles.

and we also see shit like this below - 3 people 5-6 vehicles problem.

Mcdw3h.jpg

In order to stop shit like this you should have to save your vehicles once per day in order to keep it, else it de-spawns, we should be able to craft bicycles, upgrade to motorbikes.

and I am tempted to say let us also build other vehicles too, junker cars with 4 seats.

add more material cost that is logical to build one, we already have auto glass, scrap metal, fuel tank parts, engine parts, wheels, and more, let us craft vehicles and make cars de-spawn after 24 hours of no saves.

The only reason these guys have so many vehicules is because they have an helicopter with a radar that spot any vehicule from above very easily.

Also, they actually took the time and effort to fix them and it take a while to gather all the pieces. What were the others players doing while these three all cooperated and found and fixed that many vehicules? Plus, it seems they are still in the borders of the map, which mean they can be easily found(a lot easier than in the void of the desert out of the map edge).

Plus I bet you guys are all lovewolves and yet you think you can log every days to save your vehicule? Yeah right, you will log 1 minute too late and all your gear and loot will be gone. Good job. Also, it doesn't help people like me that actually work 12 hours a day 4 days a week.

Also, it really dont matter if you reduce the cooldown to 5 hours, people like these guys, the guys that repaired all these vehicules, are certainly dedicated enough to come and log each day to save their vehicule since they are already dedicated enough to find and repair all these vehicules.

Your solution is bad, and the current cooldown is fine. Get together ingame and actually find the hiding spots and steal the vehicules.

Support, Should add this to the game....

And as for the whole "You need a torch to put together a bike" thing..... Guess what is in a toolbox..... tools.... a torch is a tool.

I'm gonna keep replying until there are more vehicles and ways to get vehicles if only bikes/motor bikes.

@ Dick you must not play on full servers.

You think there should be enough vehicles that everyone can have one? They are *supposed* to be rare. The only problem at the moment is that people can park vehicles off map as far as they like, and that choppers make finding the remaining vehicles (and other peoples camps) way too easy. Basically, a team fixes a chopper and that's pretty much it for anybody elses chances on that server, they can just hoover up all the rest of the vehicles and raid camps with practical immunity, then park it 10km off the edge of the map. Once the off map parking and heli problems are fixed vehicles will be easier to find again.

But if you are complaining about people hiding vehicles ON map, then don't. The vehicles are still there and the on-map area is finite in size. Go find them, set an ambush, gather intelligence, and whatever.

As far as "crafting" vehicles is concerned, that is just ridiculous. Have you ever tried to make something as "simple" as a bicycle in real life? It takes more than a couple of wheels and some scrap metal. Building a vehicle is a totally different undertaking than fixing one. You need more than just a tool box.

You just invented Minecraft... GG

No, vehicles are a rarity and are super rewarding for putting time and effort into finding and fixing them. To have that feeling be taken away from you because your wife demanded that you go visit her parents in the No-Wifi-Allowed zone for 2 days would royally piss people the hell off.

(Example, I'm not even married o,0)

I understand you want to find a vehicle. I, myself have only seen three in game. I've been playing this mod for like, a week and a half straight as if it were cocaine and I've had 2 vehicles drive past me, and I found a working Tractor the other night... yippee...

Unfortunately, making that carrot-on-a-stick EASIER to obtain isn't the answer, because after you magically build yourself a bike out of rusty scraps of metal and two flat car tires within an hour after you spawn, you're gonna see 49 other people ringin' their frikken bicycle bells around Cherno, as well... and you're not gonna feel special for having a super-rare spawned item. Vehicles need to stay rare and unique for them to be something worthwhile, or else they're gonna end up being something EVERYONE has and it's still gonna suck.

A 1 person seat bicycle is not the same as a atv, car, truck, helicopter, personal carrier, boat, and all the other vehicles on cherno.

Just because someone else took the time to find wheels scrap metal ( which is pretty rare to find scrap metal ) and a toolbox and make a bike you think that its gonna suck? your argument is invalid.

If I could take the time to go thru a dangerous town like cherno and find 2 wheels 2 scrap metal and a toolbox and manage to get out alive and construct a makeshift bike, I should be able to do so.

and if someone else does it and I want to gank them and take their hard earned bike I can do that too.

it takes a decent amount of time to make a bike, this game is full of assholes who kill you even tho you don't have any weapons, not everyone will make a bike, but one thing is for sure you will see more shit vehicles around if they make it so we can craft bikes and they shorten the de-spawn time to 24 hours or so.

They need to shorten the timer to 24 hours, you shouldn't have 6 vehicles at your camp if your not playing for 48 hours. Go get your experience again of finding and fixing one.

In a post apocalyptic warzone, it's very unlikely that single players have the ability to build complex vehicles, nor the backpack space to carry such items needed. Rebuilding husks is already a great idea, and they're supposed to be rare, else everyone would drive them and be near immune to zombies. This would make the game dull, or zombies would ever increase in strength (which a lot of people bellyache about already) and would impact very much on new players. If you want a vehicle, team up with some guys and search, the system is fine as is.

The only problem with vehicles right now is that people hide them off map. If a vehicle is off map when the server resets then the vehicle should delete and respawn on map.

The only problem with vehicles right now is that people hide them off map. If a vehicle is off map when the server resets then the vehicle should delete and respawn on map.

so then people hide them barely within the boundaries. they still will sit there for weeks and no new vehicles will be on the map.

As it is now there are no more vehicles to find or fix.

and I think even someone like me, who doesn't even have his degree yet, would be able to figure out how to turn metal tubes and some wheels into a working bike. ( seeing as the tools needed to do complex things like install a new engine or put a new windshield are in the game already. I think my character could handle it since he already has the tools to do things like this. )

Rocket could add a rare part needed to make the bikes to make them more rare to craft, like the bike sprockets/chain if that would make you super hardcore guys happier tho I have a feeling you just like the fact you already are hording the vehicles and like shooting unarmed people to get reactions.

Off map saving of tents and vehicles needs to be fixed, other then that the vehicles as it stands is perfect.

Making a bicycle out of scrap metal? Silly idea. Upgrading a bicycle to a motorcycle just as bad.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think a main problem is when a vehicle is blown up, it doesn't respawn until the server is rebooted. I believe the current timer is adequate, and reducing the timer to 24 hours would be pointless, as any team which is enthusiastic enough to take the time to gather the vehicles will undoubtedly log on to save them, even if they have to do so in rotation.

I do NOT like the idea of crafting vehicles out of scraps without something to build on in the first place. I have a hard enough time swallowing the idea of using a car tire for any vehicle other than a car. Hell it's QUITE a stretch to believe a person can carry around engine parts(essentially an engine block) without assistance.

I totally agree that vehicles should have a 24 hour timer on it. I don't care about you guys that only play once a week and are crying in the thread that you would loose your stuff. That is the damn point! Your hogging all the stuff and no one else get's the satisfaction on experiencing the full content of the game.

Another way to fix this problem, allow ALL vehicles to be repaired. I see a bunch of them looking just fine, yet I can not get into them or they are just missing a wheel.

I too think there should be some sort of crafting/cooking mechanic in play

its simple put a no go zone outside the map much like bf3/bf2 bf2 pr. would fix this hording crap for good.

I did say 24 hours is a bit to short, maybe 48? I agree that 1 week is to long, but 24 hours is also to short. So if I didn't play every single day of my life I did lose almost everything i have achived in this game? that's just ridiculous. 2-3 days would be great.

And the crafting vehicles idea is just stupid ... unlealistic and stupid. If there should be a vehicle crafting system, it shouldn't be something everyone could just do the first day they play. It should cost a LOT more, and I did like to see you build a fully functional car...

How about introducing the necessity of maintaining vehicles? It seems quite logical to me that a patched vehicle needs to be maintained quite often.

Lets say a component of the vehicle breaks every 12 hours or randomly every 12-24 hours.

Furthermore vehicles that are not maintained to full functionality for like 48 hours may despawn.

This would cause people to think twice whether they keep more vehicles at their site than actually needed.

This is just one approach to solving the problem. Use it as food for your thoughts :)

The only reason these guys have so many vehicules is because they have an helicopter with a radar that spot any vehicule from above very easily.

...the chopper has a fucking radar? Seriously? That shit needs to go. That's just idiotically imbalanced. I can accept realism but it's just like hey guy's lets do another run flying over the forest so we can add another car to our collection. I don't care if it's realistic or not, it's completely imbalanced to the point where even if it is realistic that shit needs to go.

@ Ichor/Bass

On the topic of realism:

Is it realistic that someone in this "zombie survival game" can haul an engine that weighs much more then you do by himself cross country to then replace it into any vehicle make or model and also be able to repair hull damage with scraps, put on new wheels and the like?

No its not but its a game and games aren't realistic they are made with set realities that fit the game simulation to make it fun.

and on this topic, get rid of radar ( if its in the game ) to find vehicles, get rid of night vision goggles.

on the Topic of my ability to craft a car/truck or even something as simple as a bicycle:

I have made working buggies. I have rebuilt atc's and I think if I was a game character that could run cross country and pickup a toolbox put an engine in my backpack and carry it all the way back to a broken down car, I could find a way to make a simple bike, or buggy.

Edit: interesting pic http://i.imgur.com/AzEDE.jpg this is why there are no vehicles on most servers.

So if you have a heli, you can find other peoples vehicles by like, tabbing?!