LoosingExtacy

Project For Immersive Gameplay In DayZ - POSITIONS VACANT APPLY HERE

Hey guys, you guys know me as LoosingExtacy, but I go under another name known as CrazyWebDev. For a while now I've been developing websites for small businesses, until now. A friend of mine came to be with a proposition, build a website for a more immersive DayZ experience.

The idea was to create a website for veteran players. A website with the ability to show your accomplishments in game through various achievements.

So here I am now, as the lead website developer, asking members of the DayZ community to give me some ideas.

One being, ideas on achievements that can be earned. That being funny or not. And two being, ways to prove that members have correctly earned there achievements.

My idea on this is creating a system of screenshots. For an example lets say the achievement is to run from one point to another. Starting at point A you take a screenshot then you move to point B and take a screenshot, then to C and so on until you have reached the final destination.

Give me some idea's on what you guys think and how we can improve.

We are looking for website developers with moderately good skills in the following:

HTML

CSS

PHP

Javascript

If you would like to help with the project you can submit a questionaire (will roughly take about 10 minutes) at this link: 

https://docs.google....-86Q1A/viewform

Thanks,

CrazyWebDev

LoosingExtacy

Edited by LoosingExtacy
  • Like 3

Prepare for "ACHEEVMENTZ WILL ROOIN MY GAMEPLAY" and "ITZ SUPPOZED TO B UR STOOREE. NOT A ACHEEVEMNT FARM"

I got no issues with this and I think building a website solo is a great feat and a good Idea. You have my support sir. 

Edited by Mopp_94
  • Like 1

It's a lot of things, not negative, but the word "emersive" is not what you're looking for here. I mean... A website for achievements and screenshots doesn't really change anything about how emersive the game is, does it? =p

Gonna elaborate a lil bit on myself.

I'd love a website that I can link to say my steam account (If possible) so I can track my current char's progress. Or stuff like seeing my total deaths, avg time alive and all that jazz. I realize its a big ask for a single man, I dont suppose you have any help by your side that can make any of this possible?

Its going to be hard/impossible to proove without some kind of in game plug in or official collobaration

However I would love to see stats like

Current time alive: 3 days

Longest time survivied: 9 days

Humanity: Survivor/ Bandit / Hero

Favourite gun: M4 (10 kills)

Zombie Kills: 129

Survivor Kills: 0

Bandit Kills: 10

Hero Kills; 0

Animals Hunted: 140

Blood bags used: 3

Medical procedures completed:

Distance travelled (foot):
Distance travelled (vehicle):

and so on :)

• Like 4

Its going to be hard/impossible to proove without some kind of in game plug in or official collobaration

Hero Kills; 0

This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking. Would be nice. Wouldn't be a bad idea to incorporate a stats thing for the game itself I spose

Hero Kills; 0

That would be cool but i dunno how a website could track all that especially if part of it is based on a trust system either way i hope they find a way or its incorporated into the login screen of dayz!

Edited by twingunz

Hmmm.

As a separate, 3rd party website idea, I don't think it will take off too well. I doubt (could be wrong) that most of the veteran DayZ community would care much about achievements. I know that I don't. And unless it is a mechanic built into the game itself, I don't see how players could PROVE they have met certain requirements, without the possibility of fraudulent claims.

But that said, I see no reason why you shouldn't TRY. I wish you luck.

That said, I don't think that running from A to B should be an achievement idea. Its kind of the core element of the game....

Some things that might be "achievement worthy", IMO?

Long range kill shots.

A large number of zombies killed in one character life.

Visiting a large number of locations in one life (explorer?).

Staying alive for a long time.

Some sort of medical assistance achievement.

Giving a lot of supplies to bambis.

TAKING a lot of supplies from bambis.

That's all I got for now.

• Like 1

It's a lot of things, not negative, but the word "emersive" is not what you're looking for here. I mean... A website for achievements and screenshots doesn't really change anything about how emersive the game is, does it? =p

The fact that we would be bringing the community together for a common purpose, makes it more immersive

Edited by LoosingExtacy

Gonna elaborate a lil bit on myself.

I'd love a website that I can link to say my steam account (If possible) so I can track my current char's progress. Or stuff like seeing my total deaths, avg time alive and all that jazz. I realize its a big ask for a single man, I dont suppose you have any help by your side that can make any of this possible?

Ive got support from many different people, this isn't just a task I'm doing by myself.

Hero Kills; 0

Love the ideas, as for DayZ I can't speak on certainty that they will work with me on the idea, I guess thats something we will find out in future terms. As for now though, I know Breaking point Mod is thinking of supporting the idea. Guess we will see. 

Edited by LoosingExtacy

Not really interested in achievements, as I can't see how they would make the more 'emersive' (immersive?). I have nothing against the idea, but I don't think it would work out that great.

Also, is that font really necessary?

We cannot show any of this right now though. There is no, Days survived, or anything like that in SA. You're a little late if you want to do that, cause you could in the mod. Also, you may want to come up with an algarithm because this is going to take WAY Too much time to do individually, considering there are AT LEAST 1 million DayZ SA players. I support it, but I don't think it's though out well. You would probably be going through at least, AT LEAST, 1,000 a day.

Edited by AsOiX

Hmmm.

As a separate, 3rd party website idea, I don't think it will take off too well. I doubt (could be wrong) that most of the veteran DayZ community would care much about achievements. I know that I don't. And unless it is a mechanic built into the game itself, I don't see how players could PROVE they have met certain requirements, without the possibility of fraudulent claims.

But that said, I see no reason why you shouldn't TRY. I wish you luck.

That said, I don't think that running from A to B should be an achievement idea. Its kind of the core element of the game....

Some things that might be "achievement worthy", IMO?

Long range kill shots.

A large number of zombies killed in one character life.

Visiting a large number of locations in one life (explorer?).

Staying alive for a long time.

Some sort of medical assistance achievement.

Giving a lot of supplies to bambis.

TAKING a lot of supplies from bambis.

That's all I got for now.

Thanks for your input. As far as the veterans of DayZ, if you think about it, people can get bored of the same thing over and over again, the thought of adding an achievement system would bring a whole new game to the table, bringing everyone together to work on a common goal. Not just running around like headless chickens shooting each other.

We cannot show any of this right now though. There is no, Days survived, or anything like that in SA. You're a little late if you want to do that, cause you could in the mod. Also, you may want to come up with an algarithm because this is going to take WAY Too much time to do individually, considering there are AT LEAST 1 million DayZ SA players. I support it, but I don't think it's though out well. You would probably be going through at least, AT LEAST, 1,000 a day.

I have a system in the works. this is a very rough thought, still thinking of ideas to improve upon ideas at the moment..

I really like AgentNeo's idea of a stat tracker, either in game or as a 3rd party service. Don't care about "achievements" too much, per se, but THAT? THAT would be a nice novelty to have.

Or it will make BF and COD kiddies brag about kill counts!!!

I normally like these systems but not for DayZ.

I really like AgentNeo's idea of a stat tracker, either in game or as a 3rd party service. Don't care about "achievements" too much, per se, but THAT? THAT would be a nice novelty to have.

I'm working with one of the admins of Breaking Point for ideas on how we could create a 3rd party system like that for both Breaking Point Mod and DayZ. We'll see haha

Things such as kills would be broken up into groups, say for example you have a buddy team of 5 guys/gals, when the group reaches a certain point of Zombie kills they get awarded an icon on there account on the site.

it's very much possible that people COD kiddies will brag about kills, guess we will just have to see.

Edited by LoosingExtacy

^This.

The only stat that I'd like to see is "time survived", showing your current survival time in hours of actual play time.

• Like 1

^This.

The only stat that I'd like to see is "time survived", showing your current survival time in hours of actual play time.

All in good time, we'll weed out what works and what doesn't :)

If you guys are wondering how it is going now, Roughly speaking this is what we have in mind

http://prntscr.com/2jt8ns

http://prntscr.com/2jt9bf

I'm the lead website developer, and the only website developer at the moment.

We have 6 writers who will be writing up our tricks and tips page along with descriptions of achievements

and of course our project manager/graphic artist

Edited by LoosingExtacy