Johnny_Walker

One of the bravest people I've met.

So, the story starts when I respawned on a small island close to elektro, after being killed by some guy who seemed to be hacking (i'm not 100% if he was though). Just as I spawn I hear someone saying ''friendly friendly''. It was another fresh spawn that had just spawned on the exact same place with me. We teamed up, and stuck together for a while. After looting elektro he had some basic gear. We both had fireaxes, clothes, backpacks. He/she (his/her mic quality wasn't great so I didn't understand what gender he/she was) had a gun with no ammo and I had a compass. We decide to make our way to balota in order to gear up and head north. I tought him/her a little about how the game is played properly and we chatted a little, while heading to cherno. On our way there we met a guy who was (at least seemed to be) completely unarmed.

-Stop! Are you friendly?

-Yes I am.

-Are you heading back from cherno?

-Yeah...

-Any nasty bandits there?

- No, it's completely empty.

-Alright. *i proceed to move off, but then I decide to be a good samaritan and go back to him*

Would you like anything? Like do you want a drink or a bandage maybe?

*He pulls out a revolver*

-I want your backpack.

-*sigh* alright.

*i proceed to drop my backpack on the ground, and then he/her just charged on him and hit him with the axe, killing him* Unfortunately, she got shot as well. I, in panic try to use my epi-pen on him/her, but it was too late. He/she had bled out.

He/she sacrificed her/himself to save me from that douche.

Now I don't care if that was bravery or stupidity. It was awsome.

Now in case she/he is reading this, I wanna say a big thank you. Dayz has now a bandit less. :thumbsup:

• Like 11

Neat story :o Although that douchebag will just respawn back. :P

• Like 4

Neat story :o Although that douchebag will just respawn back. :P

I know, I just hope that he won't play as a bandit anymore :p

Tell me plz what server do you play where ppl can talk?

• Like 1

What do you mean where ppl can talk? If you mean on global chat, there's not any yet. Maybe they will add it in the future, maybe they won't. As for the server I'm playing, it's just a Daylight-only server. I'll edit the link in later.

Edited by Johnny_Walker

You can talk on any servers to other players that are near you.  / is the default key to type, caps lock is default key to activate mic.

• Like 1

I don't think calling this guy a "douchebag" is fair. Holding people up takes some guts. Sure, he had a gun and you guys didn't but as demonstrated, you outnumbered him and he was vulnerable to a charge. Especially when kneeling to pick up your backpack. It's possible that he didn't even have any ammo and he was bluffing you with an empty gun.

The bandit contributed to your fun encounter as well as your friend. He didn't KoS you, which is the most common complaint on these forums.

• Like 1

I don't think calling this guy a "douchebag" is fair. Holding people up takes some guts. Sure, he had a gun and you guys didn't but as demonstrated, you outnumbered him and he was vulnerable to a charge. Especially when kneeling to pick up your backpack. It's possible that he didn't even have any ammo and he was bluffing you with an empty gun.

The bandit contributed to your fun encounter as well as your friend. He didn't KoS you, which is the most common complaint on these forums.

Well sir, you have a point right there :) I mostly called him a douche, because he decided to ''mug'' us, right after I offered him some help, also he was not in the inventory system when my friend attacked him. I guess it was his first mug, since he didn't do it just as he saw us, you know he kind of hesitated. Well. At least he deserved what happened to him though :)

Edited by Johnny_Walker

Well sir, you have a point right there :) I mostly called him a douche, because he decided to ''mug'' us, right after I offered him some help, also he was not in the inventory system when my friend attacked him. I guess it was his first mug, since he didn't do it just as he saw us, you know he kind of hesitated. Well. At least he deserved what happened to him though :)

Oh yeah, I don't deny that. If you try to mug someone you can't have any complaints when you get axed in the face for it :D

• Like 1

Chances are that he would have tried to kill you shortly after.

The bandit was distracted by you, he took his chance and gambled that it would be worth his time to try and gain that gear. Now, he eventually still died so it didn't really pay off. But it's hard to say if it's a hero's death, or just somebody who wanted increase their chances of survival by taking a large risk.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 1

What do you mean where ppl can talk? If you mean on global chat, there's not any yet. Maybe they will add it in the future, maybe they won't. As for the server I'm playing, it's just a Daylight-only server. I'll edit the link in later.

You can talk on any servers to other players that are near you.  / is the default key to type, caps lock is default key to activate mic.

That's dudes,but i knew it alredy, i mean ppl will answer instead of yelling - Friendly! And then shoot in your face

• Like 1

He had ammo, and he killed his hero friend with it.

• Like 1

A moment of silence for the unsung heroes of Chernarus...... 

Edited by Tizzle
  • Like 1

That's dudes,but i knew it alredy, i mean ppl will answer instead of yelling - Friendly! And then shoot in your face

Well, searching this forum a little bit I found out that only I rarely encouter K.O.S.ers :D I guess I'm a little lucky, I'm not playing dayZ right now, but when I go and play I'll send you the IP if you still want.

~peace

Edited by Johnny_Walker