ygpgaming

Instance number Hosting a dayz server no reply

I want to first say I am sure you guys are overloaded with request for Instance numbers.

I sent a few emails to the dev team asking for a Instance number and got a replly to come and read this forum twice. I have sent two emails to dayzmatt and have not gotten anything back from Matt. I would just like to know if its just a waiting thing where you all will email me one when you have time or if you all need any more info from me like the ip for our arma2 oa server.

My sever company says the are just waiting for the Instance number to set up our dayz server we have http://www.eoreality.net and they told me they have all the files for the mod. Please just let me know thanks guys have a good day.

Iam waiting since 25.May 2012 a week after I send my request ( to: serveradmin@dayzmod.com ) after a week I got following reply:

Please supply me with the specifications of the server. Here are the required specifications.

The preferred method of installation would be for you to supply me with a Remote Desktop username, and password, as well as the ip/host-name of the server.

Here is currently our broad requirements for hosting a DayZ Server.

· Windows OS (anywhere between server 2003-2008)

· 4GB RAM

· Dual Core CPU (Quad recommended)

· Server must be located in a DataCenter (Dedicated Server or VPS), and have a dedicated connection.

· 10Mbps down, 5Mbps up (considered a minimum for ~25 players, can spike well above)

· Able to run the custom HIVE console EXE application RDP required for DayZ staff so updates can be self applied. Alpha is a very rough time, in one night 10 updates were released in an hour

· MySQL (currently not used, but in Beta/Release each server will run its own DB)

We also want all servers hosted to be public unless we are testing a patch on them, as far as roleplaying goes, depends on the people you want to try and attract onto your server.

Expected bandwidth usages can also vary with player slots. Usually with 50 Slots a server can utilize up to 75GB per day or more.

RDP isn't required (But is preferred) anymore however we do have a tool created specifically for DayZ servers to monitor them so that they are up-to-date on current bans, cheater protection, general DayZ Updates and software updates for the HIVE/HIVEAUTH application used by DayZ.

NOTE: Posting it so whoever is requesting my sure you provide those details at request. ( they are not asking for RDP anymore )

I send reply with requested data ( the server specs I have are withing requirements ) and since then I did not receive any emails.

I hope soon they will sort out teams who take care of servers.