Sign in to follow this  
dulix11

We need MOAR in Chernarus+

NOTE: I don't intend on this happening in the alpha, beta, or shit, even the full release. I don't even know if any of these ideas are worth the work. I hope they are.

Whilst playing some DayZ, I spawned at Nizhoye (idk how to spell it, the one of the east coast), and decided to head to Elektro. It would've taken me about a half-hour to get there real time. The whole time it was just jogging along a boring road, and then heading into the forest every now and again. And also a problem, (particularly for me, and for anyone else using shit mobile broadband) is that mobile broadband doesn't usually have huge download quota. So when playing DayZ, I want to actually do something fun rather than walking for 7 hours.

For ages. it was just bland and boring. So here is my (hideous) presentation: Chernarus++

O0cKiM3.jpg

note that the map isn't Chernarus+, it is the old one, but the added buildings up the top aren't what I'm focusing on.

You probably won't be able to read some of the things on there (thanks to my epik paint skilz), so save it and look up close.

There needs to be things in the forests (power plants, science labs...) to make those long treks less-boring. And not something with 2 levels and doors I can't access, I'm talking 3 or 4 levels, with multiple passage ways and big rooms. So I won't run in there, loot 6 objects and run out. I want to be in there for 20 minutes exploring.

The north, even with the addition of the towns and docks, is pretty bland. There is the NWAF, and that's about it. There is not much incentive to go up there.

The best place to be for interacting with others (whether that be killing or communicating, trading etc) is at the south. Cherno, Elektro, Balota. There are your main cities. No one cares about the others. because they're all so easy to get to. 

Spawn in Balota? Get some weapons >>> head to Cherno, get some food and clothing >>> go to Elektro to kill people. Then just loiter around aimlessly or shoot new spawns.

Poor Zelenogorsk hasn't had any attention I don't think. Its just too far away. But if there was something close by (NPP? Space lab? idk) maybe people will want to explore a little more.

We need MOAR!!!!

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 2

Exept for the Utes part that seems interesting! Utes should not be visible from the shore, and only be accesible via heli/plane or boat. It'd have to be atlease one or two miles off the coast

EDIT : Oh, and VR doesn't really support rivers, and the way you drew them they didn't really make sense anyways... :D

Edited by Weparo

Exept for the Utes part that seems interesting! Utes should not be visible from the shore, and only be accesible via heli/plane or boat. It'd have to be atlease one or two miles off the coast

EDIT : Oh, and VR doesn't really support rivers, and the way you drew them they didn't really make sense anyways... :D

I don't want Utes to be really visible either, there wasn't enough space to make it far away and big enough to see properly. 

The rivers...yeahhh...they all defy physics I'm pretty sure, I think all of them go uphill at some point, there'll have to be some bulldozing and excavating if they're going to work.

• Like 1

Whilst playing some DayZ, I spawned at Nizhoye (idk how to spell it, the one of the east coast), and decided to head to Elektro. It would've taken me about a half-hour to get there real time. The whole time it was just jogging along a boring road, and then heading into the forest every now and again. And also a problem, (particularly for me, and for anyone else using shit mobile broadband) is that mobile broadband doesn't usually have huge download quota. So when playing DayZ, I want to actually do something fun rather than walking for 7 hours.

Well, Mr Petulent Child, there will be more. How about you wait until we get through the Alpha/Beta and see what is coming for the northern areas that haven't been given to us yet.

And in all honesty, your broadband issues sound like a personal problem. I have no problems with my cable provider. Go figure.

And if you don't want to walk between locations, then don't. Please feel free to stay in one place and starve to death or die of starvation. More loot for me that way.

If you want instant action from a game, go try CoD or BF3. Oh wait, you probably can't. Shit broadband. Sorry, my bad.

Well, Mr Petulent Child, there will be more. How about you wait until we get through the Alpha/Beta and see what is coming for the northern areas that haven't been given to us yet.

And in all honesty, your broadband issues sound like a personal problem. I have no problems with my cable provider. Go figure.

And if you don't want to walk between locations, then don't. Please feel free to stay in one place and starve to death or die of starvation. More loot for me that way.

If you want instant action from a game, go try CoD or BF3. Oh wait, you probably can't. Shit broadband. Sorry, my bad.

Well, if you would read the bright red text right at the start of the post, perhaps you be able to see that I don't intend for this to be included in the alpha, beta or even release for a while.

There has to be more than just me playing this game with mobile broadband, and I don't want to be wasting my time doing nothing but walking for an hour. Some new locations to explore along the way would be cool. Instead of only having about 5 or 6 places that are worth visiting (Cherno, Elektro, NWAF, SEAF, Stary...) why not have some more *big* locations to explore?

I don't think you understand what I'm putting forward. I don't want 'instant action'. I want somewhere to go when I spawn in a remote spot. I don't want to spend 1 hour running to a major city. I'm not after l33t haxc0r killz, its just a reasonable idea to suggest.

Edited by dulix11

We don't want giant four lane highways, there's no where near a 100th of enough people for that shit around.

I do like the idea for the airplane graveyard, broken bridge to Utes, mining area, radio station and rivers though.

Also a few mining tunnels and natural caves would be awesome.

We don't want giant four lane highways, there's no where near a 100th of enough people for that shit around.

I do like the idea for the airplane graveyard, broken bridge to Utes, mining area, radio station and rivers though.

Also a few mining tunnels and natural caves would be awesome.

Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want the 4 laned highways in a place as bleak as Chernarus, but I would kike to see some bigger roads between cities, and with cars crashed and stacked on top of each other for a make-shift barricade.

i have always been an advocate to the idea of a major river to cross and/or navigate.  We need rivers, bridges, tunnels, foot bridges, small boats, etc.. (multiple crossing points to prevent excessive bottlenecks).  Would be cool if the river actually moved you down stream as well.  great for moving far and fast, but risky.  

Edited by UnarmedCiv