I'd like to start by saying I love this mod/game. I've been looking for a really intense zombie survival game for a very long time. Mods included. I've been in the game since counterstrike zombie matches (not THAT long, but still much longer than most). I really enjoy a great encounter with a zombie. I know DayZ is in alpha, and that's why I feel compelled to offer constructive criticism or a few cool ideas (if they're taken as such). And, no offence to anyone who might take it that way, again this mod is amazing.

Zombies:

+They see too well in the dark

+They need to move about %25 slower than a player

++Reasoning: Players won't always want to run due to aggroing more, and more means a longer run. A longer run means less supplies. It's now possible to shake the zombies off, but it can take a lot of effort.

+Zombies shouldn't be in closed doors unless a player makes it that way.

+(I don't know if this is already true, but just in case)X-Military Zombies should have gear on them. More than a tin can at least.

+When a zombie is aggroed because of noise, it should slowly investigate before running TO a target, for it has no target yet.

Buildings:

+I haven't much to say about buildings. Most buildings are explore-able if the windows are functional (clear).

+This goes for buildings, terrain, whatever: In no situation should a player be forced out of prone. (I.e. some steps or hills will force a player into running, grabbing aggro on everything nearby).

Player:

+Some people now days walk around with pocket knives, and a lighter. So should be the same with DayZ. A hunting knife and matches; This way a player will only need to find wood or a hatchet to get wood to make a fire and or cook meat.

Interactive Items:

+Players with enough material should be able to build small 1-man to 2-man sheds, or small but more durable outdoor resting area. This will give a player a sense for home, and a place to rest. For example, if a bandit creates this fort and leaves into a town for some survivor-extermination, he might leave behind some guns, or supplies. A survivor or bandit can accidently come across this, and wow, happy day.

Chat:

+There should only be one chat channel, local or direct. This will give a sense of realism to the game. Vehicle chat is a nice idea, but if you say something in a vehicle as you unknowingly drive by a survivor in a house, he can't hear you as he should. Group chat is also nice, but it's unfair to the people not in the group.

I really like the mod so far, and I hope there's more to come. I've been playing this thing almost non-stop, accept to write this of course. I know people have a lot of opinions about certain things whether zombie related or not, feel free to post them. The more people that say something, the more we can be heard (by the dev team, not the zombies that is).

I'd like to start by saying I love this mod/game ...

I'd like to say that I agree with just about everything you've said. Players should have more in-game options to handle various situations besides simply running, attempting to hide, or fighting. Same goes for 'secure' storage and prone issues.

I think that instead of having a totally thief-proof storage, there should be simple locks, keys to those locks, and lockpicks or objects that can be used to pry or bash a container open in the game.

Mil-spec zombies do (or did) drop mil-spec magazines on occasion, particularly Glock 17 and AK variant magazines. They also drop chemlights and bandages. Police zeds tend to drop ammo for higher-tier civilian weapons, like the Winchester 1866 shotgun.

Zombies:

All we need is zombies that run in a straight line, not in a retarded zic zac.

Buildings:

Buildings just need no invisible walls for the zombies.

"Player:

That's the only point i can agree, and add a fuction to the knife of killing wild life with the menu options, that will encourage new players to get the fuck out of Cherno/Electro if they are low in blood and also gives them better chances to survive with no gun.

Interactive Items:

It can be done, but right now there is no need for it.

Chat:

I have more fun in servers with side channel activated than in servers with no side chat, it's fucking boring walking around for 3 hours with no human interaction, since let's face it there is no much to do in the game at this point, realism has no space in games, this game it's not realistic at all, stop pretending it is, it just doesn't have the features most games give us now days that make the games way to simple, this game is somewhat hard but not realistic.

I think that instead of having a totally thief-proof storage' date=' there should be simple locks, keys to those locks, and lockpicks or objects that can be used to pry or bash a container open in the game.[/quote']

I didn't mean to imply locked storage, a barrel would do. After all, the only safe items you own, should be on you at all times.

Zombies:

All we need is zombies that run in a straight line' date=' not in a retarded zic zac.

[/quote']

I really like all your input, but this especially. Here's an example of how people can have different opinions about certain things. If zombies were to run in straight lines it would be much less of a hassle dispatching them. But it wouldn't matter to new players because they have no weapons to dispatch zombies with. So a slower zombie would give the player an easier chance to get away. I would also go as far as saying that items could have weight: Newly spawned players with nothing will run faster than players with things to defend themselves with. So a zombie would get a slower move speed, but so will players with the more they carry. Thoughts?