Sign in to follow this  
danky

Question about server mechanics.

First of all I would like to ask if I will be able to host a server on my linux box?

Also, I was wondering what will happen if I am carrying 2 rifles, and place one from my hands to the ground, then the server restarts?

Will that rifle (or full backpack or whatever) still be on the groundor is it gone?

or simple place it on the ground and go to another server, will it be there when I return to that server?

I think right now you can only by a hosting slots on a server from a number of websites such as gameservers.com

First of all I would like to ask if I will be able to host a server on my linux box?

Also, I was wondering what will happen if I am carrying 2 rifles, and place one from my hands to the ground, then the server restarts?

Will that rifle (or full backpack or whatever) still be on the groundor is it gone?

or simple place it on the ground and go to another server, will it be there when I return to that server?

- As far as I know it currently runs under Windows Server. (CrocoDan answered the rest.)

- You lose the one on the ground, restarts delete everything

- If you place the rifle on the ground on server A, login to server B to do stuff, and then log back to server A the rifle will still be on the ground given that: I) no one took it II) server A didn't restart.

Edited by Baarn