Sign in to follow this  
ThatDayZNoob

Oh god.

So- I've been playing for maybe two days.. got some of the basic controls down. But it would be GREAT To know how to like.. communicate with other people to get some in-game help. Also.. Zombies seem to like me a lot, and my lives usually end up with me being chased for about fifty minutes real time before I give up and let them kill me. Any tips/suggestions/People who have good noob servers?

As I understand text chat has been removed so the only way to properly communicate with other players is by talking to them with a microphone. But remember what your mother always told you. “Don’t talk to strangers”. If somebody extends their hand in friendship don’t believe them. Go separate ways and if they follow you kill them. If you see somebody with a gun, avoid them. If they see you, kill them.

My advice is takw it slow when you see zombies and if you happen to pull try running through buildings or taking sevral coners and taking cover, don't just search for weapons gets essentials like water and food

in this build the zed are pretty easy to lose, try putting obstacles between you as you run away, jink though buildings and trees, vault low fences etc... then when they are far enough behind hit the deck (prone), they will lose sight of you.

their pathfinding is crap, so use that to your advantage.

Also.. Uh.. is there like a map anywhere? I always end up following a road for hours on end until I eventually get lost and loose all interest in finding my way back.

Here's a map for you,

http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

When you spawn a new character, it tells you in the bottom right hand cornor where you position is, ALT + TAB. Work out where you are and plan where you're going to go.

Constantly be planning your next move and it's always helpful to plan something if you pull and it all goes belly up. You can get away from zombies but the anwser is not running in a straight line. Run for a open building, with two exits or something like a large forest. I've seen someone lose a Z just by running around a tree a few times then lying down.

I'm a newbie too and it's a learning experience for me too and does get fustrating at times but I'm loving every second of it. Good luck.

use the carrots to cycle to direct communication its good for a radius of 80 m i believe. you can only type to people in your direct area. no more global chat.

you find maps in lootable buildings. its the luck of the draw