Sign in to follow this  
Sinphaltimus

Defective weapons?

So last night one of my companions had a 45 that wouldn't fire. Pristine magazine and bullets. Nothing but click click click. I traded weapons with her to test myself and sure enough her 45 was defective. I was able to use the magazine and bullets in another 45 no problem.

First time ever seeing this. Without a weapons condition indicator, it's very dangerous to enter into an armed conflict without test firing. I'm just wondering if it was defective at spawn? Can be rendered defective in game by something (like what)? Or was this some bug/glitch?

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I've had that one with a fnx 45 and couple of times with revolvers. I'm atm carrying a revolver that I got from another player that doesn't seem to fire. Which is weird and all, considering I have more than enough ammo

I don't know if a weapon can be rendered defective, but if you melee someone to death, the weapon parts seem to suffer

Weapons, like all items, have a condition. The only difference is that it is either ruined or working and there is no indicator. Hopefully with time the "Inspect" function will allow you break the weapon down and inspect the insides but for now it is just a slightly larger version of the "Hands" view box.

Maybe a ruined pistol that has been looted from a dead corpse from a shot up player would be defective?

My (previously working) magnum was non-functional after a guy shot me in the leg where i was storing the gun.  (Pristine ammo was loaded too). It is very possible to ruin player's guns mid-combat if you are lucky I think.

My (previously working) magnum was non-functional after a guy shot me in the leg where i was storing the gun.  (Pristine ammo was loaded too). It is very possible to ruin player's guns mid-combat if you are lucky I think.

This is why I have my pistol on my vest :D

This is why I have my pistol on my vest :D

Most people go for center mass. I think it is safer to have it in your pants incase you get hit.

Edit: 556th post! (firearms joke)

Edited by Dchil

If it doesnt fire it is ruined.

Test EVERY weapon you find.

Once the weapons conditions are visable then we will beable to tell.

Thats why some guns shoot more accurate than others.

I hope this gets fixed soon, but until then, always test your weapons before entering conflict.

Testing your weapons is a good thing, My friend just ahd the same thing today and I checked it myself and it was not working. The duribility of the weapons does not display at the moment but Instead of the standard denominators like Pristine, Worn, Damaged, Badly Damaged, and Ruined you should have to inspect the item and get a text status like

"This item could be like brand new." (pristine)

"This item has a few scratches and knicks." (worn)

"This item has seen better days." (Damaged)

"This item has been around the block a bit." (Badly Damaged)

"Im not sure I can use this.." (Ruined)

Weapons, like all items, have a condition. The only difference is that it is either ruined or working and there is no indicator.

I agree on the first part, are you sure about the second? Might be that all the conditions from worn to badly damaged have a negative impact on accuracy.

I agree on the first part, are you sure about the second? Might be that all the conditions from worn to badly damaged have a negative impact on accuracy.

All i notice is if it works or doesn't. I'm not good enough to outshoot a badly damaged gun in this game. Besides, to find out the condition if it is like that would take more ammo than i'd like to waste on a wall.